Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

TechArt – Review of Carbon Fiber exterior – BEWARE – Purchased from World-Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 02:17 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

If you paid your installer for the parts then they are on the hook for warranty/refund. It's up to them to pursue their money and so on down the chain. Also, the installer should have noticed the poor fitment at the first piece they mounted.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:20 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

There's always two sides .... Lot's of drama.

Plus why not post it on the 991 Turbo forum? Nobody here is buying these parts anyway.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:37 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Good suggestion.I did it for him.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Randyc151
Three Wheelin'

Received 277 Likes on 174 Posts

I really wanted to like the Techart stuff, too. I always felt a bit sketchy about their stuff, and never pulled the trigger. Glad I trusted my gut, but sorry you had to be the one to confirm for me. I can finally stop considering the Turbo GTstreet mods!!

Don't waste your time with litigation out of state. Go down to your local courthouse and file it yourself. Let them come there to you to request the change of venue and fight it. Then, when it's moved, drop the case and be done with them...just keep telling everybody about this for the next few years!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:53 PM
JawJuh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the warning article!

These guys must be buying from Chinese suppliers - a shady company like TechArt probably wouldn't bother investing in a manufacturing facility and employee training.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:45 AM
bommerts
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What was the outcome with this? Very curious as I had been considering some TechArt stuff.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:48 AM
rbrotmd
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I must be living in an alternate universe. I have heavily customised my 991.2 TTS with parts from Techart. They are magnificent, fit perfectly, and all TechArt personnel I have dealt with have bent over backwards for superior customer service (that’s here in the US as well as in Germany).
Old 09-02-2018, 10:03 AM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by seattle_sun
A lot of the carbon fiber you buy (or included by Porsche) is not 100% carbon fiber. It's carbon fiber laminate. That isn't necessarily bad, because really you are buying the carbon for the look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U6U3yt5LhM

Sucks about the fitment, but I bet an authorized installer would know how to make it look better. Personally, I think MaCarbon stuff is the best.

It's weird that the Turbo intakes don't fit. Really it's the genuine Porsche part overlaid with carbon fiber. Should just be a press fit. https://www.macarbon.com/install_gui...stallation.pdf
I can’t agree with you more, I have several MA Carbon parts in my car, great quality and awesome customer service by John!

Manuel
Old 09-04-2018, 07:49 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 499 Posts

After adding carbon fiber wheels I wanted to add the side intakes in carbon fiber, but didn't want to pay Porsche's prices, but after receiving some other companies carbon fiber overlays, that all went back I went with carbon fiber from Porsche, it was real carbon fiber, no double sided tape, or glue on, and it looks like jewelry, and fit perfect

Quick Reply: TechArt – Review of Carbon Fiber exterior – BEWARE – Purchased from World-Motorsports