Sponsored by: Road Spy

2017 Production Cycle Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 10:17 PM
speed_wraith
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Production Cycle Question

Question for you fine folks. I'm working with a dealer to lock in a PTS slot for a 911 Turbo s. I was told this morning that the earliest slot he could get is slated for May and that the time from building to delivery would be around 120 days, so around 4 months. The 2018 models are supposed to be rolling out in the fall and that build time takes me right up to the fall. Would you guys suggest that I just hold off till the new model year, or go ahead and pull the trigger? Any insight would be most appreciated.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:55 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

PTS windows don't open all the time. You might want to get the car while you can. Porsche is usually a bit ahead of schedule, but I also wouldn't expect significant changes for the 2018 car, either.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:34 PM
speed_wraith
Cruisin'

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2017, 08:03 PM
MS7044
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I got a PTS slot last May. No car yet as production was pushed and pushed and pushed. Typical of PTS so be prepared to wait. Right now there are not many (if any) TT or TTS slots at all let alone PTS eligible. If you can get May I would jump on it.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:05 PM
speed_wraith
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by MS7044
I got a PTS slot last May. No car yet as production was pushed and pushed and pushed. Typical of PTS so be prepared to wait. Right now there are not many (if any) TT or TTS slots at all let alone PTS eligible. If you can get May I would jump on it.
And there's no way to know iif the slot will be pushed right?
Old 01-15-2017, 11:42 PM
MS7044
Instructor

No way to know or control. Just have SA watch the computer. I was a November delivery at lock and even up till porsche having all the parts needed (paint) then it went to february then march then back to February (this movement all occurring mid November thru late December). Finally on a boat now heading for San Diego.

I was at my dealer yesterday. There are few to no allocations for these cars. Your may slot sounds like what I got for PTS and if they produce your car in late 17 you will get an 18 and I would bet you won't lock until july or so (like me) and they won't produce until fall at earliest so you get an 18. Mine was built late November and had a lot of exclusive work beyond paint so got to Emden late December. It seems they are limiting TT and TTS builds and slowing them down. I have a 16 TTS cab and my dealer is itching to get it (highly optioned low miles) as they can't even get any of those to CPO and sell. They have one 17 TTS CPO (500 miles) and nothing else for 14-17 in TT or TTS. They had a gorgeous graphite blue aero kit TT (.2 new) but it's gone. No allocations anytime soon for anyone and the ones far out are being offered to repeat customers first.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:47 AM
speed_wraith
Cruisin'

No way to know or control. Just have SA watch the computer. I was a November delivery at lock and even up till porsche having all the parts needed (paint) then it went to february then march then back to February (this movement all occurring mid November thru late December). Finally on a boat now heading for San Diego.

I was at my dealer yesterday. There are few to no allocations for these cars. Your may slot sounds like what I got for PTS and if they produce your car in late 17 you will get an 18 and I would bet you won't lock until july or so (like me) and they won't produce until fall at earliest so you get an 18. Mine was built late November and had a lot of exclusive work beyond paint so got to Emden late December. It seems they are limiting TT and TTS builds and slowing them down. I have a 16 TTS cab and my dealer is itching to get it (highly optioned low miles) as they can't even get any of those to CPO and sell. They have one 17 TTS CPO (500 miles) and nothing else for 14-17 in TT or TTS. They had a gorgeous graphite blue aero kit TT (.2 new) but it's gone. No allocations anytime soon for anyone and the ones far out are being offered to repeat customers first.
Oh wow. Thanks for the information that is really helpful. Yeah the only custom work I want is the paint so hopefully it won't tatake too long. I considered LTS but decided that I didn't want to push back the wait time any longer.

I actually want an '18 so being pushed back to the that point wouldn't be horrible to me. I will go ahead and place the order soon, thx for the info.

What color did you get? I'm stuck between Gulf Orange and Oryx White Pearl Effect.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:02 AM
MS7044
Instructor

I got ice blue metallic and tried to get LTS. I wanted a two tone LTS and they wouldn't do it so went graphite/chalk. Either of your color choices would look good with black interior and see if you can get orange stitch maybe? Otherwise I might try a dark brown maybe cohiba leather to sample. LTS won't (shouldn't) delay it beyond PTS. They will source the leather during their normal PTS delay. I ordered early May and won't get car until early feb so 9 full months.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:05 AM
speed_wraith
Cruisin'

I got ice blue metallic and tried to get LTS. I wanted a two tone LTS and they wouldn't do it so went graphite/chalk. Either of your color choices would look good with black interior and see if you can get orange stitch maybe? Otherwise I might try a dark brown maybe cohiba leather to sample. LTS won't (shouldn't) delay it beyond PTS. They will source the leather during their normal PTS delay. I ordered early May and won't get car until early feb so 9 full months.
Orange stitching was the plan if possible with the orange paint. I would just do the white stitching with the white paint. The leather I wanted was actually just black but in the natural leather which is on their LTS list. Maybe I will go ahead and talk to the dealer about it and see what they think.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:28 AM
MS7044
Instructor

While some don't prefer black I don't see how you can go wrong. Get the natural. It's going to take a while for PTS so get what you want.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:00 AM
speed_wraith
Cruisin'

I don't understand why it isn't a regular choice instead of brown or the two tone. Seems silly because black is so universal.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:38 PM
js9527
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I got my march production slot during Christmas...
The car just left the factory and its waiting for transport now!
Old 03-14-2017, 03:50 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by js9527
I got my march production slot during Christmas...
The car just left the factory and its waiting for transport now!
Exciting times!!
When did you initially place your order?
Old 03-14-2017, 10:46 PM
js9527
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Exciting times!!
When did you initially place your order?
Right before Christmas holiday!

Quick Reply: 2017 Production Cycle Question