Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Turbo Tom goes to the drag strip (video)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 08:42 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 928gt
Ah - that makes sense as I have used them on a road course but have never taken a car to the drag strip.
The Trofeo R's are king of the road course. But stiff sidewalls that make for awesome and responsive turning at the track make for lousy launches at the drag strip because you need the bigger contact patch provided by a tire whose sidewalls are not stiff.

But for the road course if high price and rapid treadwear are not a concern you can't do better than the Trofeo Rs. If you want more tire longevity than the MPSC2s fit the bill.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by sdg1871
The R888s are far superior at the drag strip to the Trofeo R's or Pilot Sport Cup 2s because their sidewalls are not nearly as stiff. That allows the tire to have a larger contact patch. The Trofeo R's and MPSC2 are superior to the R888 at the track because their sidewalls are stiffer.

Congrats on the 10.1s and the 140 mph trap. Are you running meth?
Thanks....no meth (yet ) I may try intake/plenun pipe etc next season..I gotta see a 9.x then I'll be all done at the strip...you get your car back yet after the tbc's upgrade ?...you will be pleased
Old 11-04-2016, 02:36 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Nanook
Thanks....no meth (yet ) I may try intake/plenun pipe etc next season..I gotta see a 9.x then I'll be all done at the strip...you get your car back yet after the tbc's upgrade ?...you will be pleased
Looking forward to the turbo upgrade. No meth for me so 9s unlikely. Maybe on an idea day at Atco if I got a set of rear Mickeys

Quick Reply: Turbo Tom goes to the drag strip (video)