Default 991 Turbo s Exhaust Addvice

what is a good Exhaust for the 991 Turbo ie best performance & sound
for example AWE,Cargraphicts,GtHaus,Sharkwerks,GMG,Fabspeed,Europipe,
+aAny Other Brands
Old 09-02-2016, 09:17 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

There are many good choices. Some include Europipe, Kline, Tubi and GMG.

My car is first aftermarket exhaust system was the Europipe. It is made with incredibly high quality. Ask any Porsche mechanic and they will tell you so. It is 100 cell cats and is an excellent choice for those who want to keep cats.

After a while in order to get more performance out of my tune and intercooler set up I went to the Tubi catless race exhaust. I just adore that system. It can be civilized in normal but an absolute animal if you get your headers hot in sport or sport plus with rifle shots and big booms. No drone whatsoever in either system.

Last spring I took my car to one of the major Porsche dealerships in New Jersey. The general manager wanted to hear the Tubi catless and drive my GIAC Stage 2+. Champion Motorsports Intercoolers, Tubi catless race exhaust 991 Turbo S.

After he heard it was revving and idling and after he took it out on the road for his own test drive he brought out the dealership's entire sales staff and proclaimed to them that this is the way the Turbo S should've sounded from the factory. I had a similar experience at one of Long Island's top Porsche dealership. the staff all wanted to hear it and they were very impressed.

Here are some videos of my Tubi catless race exhaust:

Here was my car with Europipe:

Don't listen to these on your iPhone. Hook up a high-quality Bluetooth speaker stereo system to get the full effect.

I have many friends in the New York area with who run with the Kline system as well. Every single one of them are big fans of it. But I'm all about the europipe and the Tubi catless race exhaust.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:22 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

if you want an exhaust with a high flow cats, no check engine light - then get Europipe. It is the best.

If you want an exhaust with no cats and maximum sound then get a Capristo exhaust with no cats.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:42 PM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
if you want an exhaust with a high flow cats, no check engine light - then get Europipe. It is the best.

If you want an exhaust with no cats and maximum sound then get a Capristo exhaust with no cats.
Agreed on Europipe. It is fantastic. Incredibly high build quality and great sounds.

Never heard Capristo on the Turbo S. Need to
Old 09-02-2016, 09:44 PM
AKSteve
Banned

Received 815 Likes on 456 Posts

I haven't heard the racing version in person, but I have the street version Tubi exhaust with 200cell cats and love it. Sounds better than the sports exhaust on my old C4S.

Here's a video from Champion:

Old 09-05-2016, 09:28 AM
cweed
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 19 Posts

+1 on the Europipe, Steph is great to deal with as well.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:45 AM
sdg1871
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cweed
+1 on the Europipe, Steph is great to deal with as well.
Yes Stef is great
Old 09-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Fally
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the Europipe. Its civilized around town and for neighbors, but when you get on car it changes personality immediately.

Here are a couple clips

Old 09-05-2016, 01:37 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

For a street legal system, any thoughts on how the Kline compares to the europipe? I've heard primarily positive reviews of both systems.

Also, is there any meaningful difference between 991.1 and 991.2 in exhausts?
Old 09-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Fally
Intermediate

I have not heard Kline in person, but everyone on here seems to love it.

It would be nice to have a side by side comparison
Old 09-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by chico1977
what is a good Exhaust for the 991 Turbo ie best performance & sound
for example AWE,Cargraphicts,GtHaus,Sharkwerks,GMG,Fabspeed,Europipe,
+aAny Other Brands
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...e-exhaust.html

This is a post I made about the Kline. Great system and great people to deal with!
Old 09-05-2016, 04:58 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fally
I have not heard Kline in person, but everyone on here seems to love it.

It would be nice to have a side by side comparison
I am busy today and don't have time to do a full write up so I shot a very quick cold start video for you. I also did what any car disrespecting person would do and gave it some revs while cold (thus the few puffs of black smoke...it doesn't ever do this under operation).

I have a custom one-off Kline Inconel Loud+ that Sam had Kline build for me. After a LOT of experimenting and dealing with the fact that the .2 is somehow a quieter car than the .1 we have come up with something pretty darn cool. Other manufacturers are going to have one heck of a time dealing with this. Thankfully, Kline stepped up and built me this exhaust in less than a week thanks to Sam's round the clock coordinating the delivery of valuable feedback between myself and Kline.

Until I have time to do a full write up of my experience with Kine and Sam, both phenomenal, here is a synopsis:

1. Started with Kline stainless "loud" exhaust and Kline Inconel 100 cell sport cats.-Not loud enough for me. Screamed ok at high revs but I'm a Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini guy and I needed more.

2. Went to Kline Inconel catless pipes paired with Kline stainless "loud" exhaust. Almost there. By the way....old Sam has figured out how to run catless without a tune without triggering a CEL. I ran it for more than 300 miles with zero issues.

3. Current setup is now Kline Inconel 100 cell sport cats paired with prototype Kline Inconel "loud+" exhaust. The sound at high revs is to die for. When Sam told me he could get the car to sound "GT3ish" I was skeptical. Well, we have it. AND we have a little bonus. You can hear in the video when the revs come down you also hear the whistle of the turbos spinning down. The first time I heard it I was not so sure I was going to like it. Then we revved it again and again and then I drove this bad boy hard. To hear her sing and then let out that whistle, I swear it sounds like something very special. Off to the custom shop the next day for the Bel STiR Plus and the ALP system...Mind you, this is a very popular shop dealing in high end cars and when this sucker pulled in you could hear the rumble and when it whistled everyone stopped to check it out. It is a show stopper. It sounds like you've got this hyper powered jet with a mean grumble. I am NOT easy to please, as Sam will attest (permission granted there Sambo) but I am blown away by the level of excitement and overall increased visceral experience this exhaust has given to my car. For me, there is "loud" and then there is "tone". Kline has nailed it with this one. She's tame when you want her to be then screams like a hungry wildcat when you turn her loose.

Enjoy the video. I'll post a very detailed review later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8E...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by ColdList; 09-05-2016 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdList
I am busy today and don't have time to do a full write up so I shot a very quick cold start video for you. I also did what any car disrespecting person would do and gave it some revs while cold (thus the few puffs of black smoke...it doesn't ever do this under operation).

I have a custom one-off Kline Inconel Loud+ that Sam had Kline build for me. After a LOT of experimenting and dealing with the fact that the .2 is somehow a quieter car than the .1 we have come up with something pretty darn cool. Other manufacturers are going to have one heck of a time dealing with this. Thankfully, Kline stepped up and built me this exhaust in less than a week thanks to Sam's round the clock coordinating the delivery of valuable feedback between myself and Kline.

Until I have time to do a full write up of my experience with Kine and Sam, both phenomenal, here is a synopsis:

1. Started with Kline stainless "loud" exhaust and Kline Inconel 100 cell sport cats.-Not loud enough for me. Screamed ok at high revs but I'm a Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini guy and I needed more.

2. Went to Kline Inconel catless pipes paired with Kline stainless "loud" exhaust. Almost there. By the way....old Sam has figured out how to run catless without a tune without triggering a CEL. I ran it for more than 300 miles with zero issues.

3. Current setup is now Kline Inconel 100 cell sport cats paired with prototype Kline Inconel "loud+" exhaust. The sound at high revs is to die for. When Sam told me he could get the car to sound "GT3ish" I was skeptical. Well, we have it. AND we have a little bonus. You can hear in the video when the revs come down you also hear the whistle of the turbos spinning down. The first time I heard it I was not so sure I was going to like it. Then we revved it again and again and then I drove this bad boy hard. To hear her sing and then let out that whistle, I swear it sounds like something very special. Off to the custom shop the next day for the Bel STiR Plus and the ALP system...Mind you, this is a very popular shop dealing in high end cars and when this sucker pulled in you could hear the rumble and when it whistled everyone stopped to check it out. It is a show stopper. It sounds like you've got this hyper powered jet with a mean grumble. I am NOT easy to please, as Sam will attest (permission granted there Sambo) but I am blown away by the level of excitement and overall increased visceral experience this exhaust has given to my car. For me, there is "loud" and then there is "tone". Kline has nailed it with this one. She's tame when you want her to be then screams like a hungry wildcat when you turn her loose.

This story is what sets Sam and Kline at the top. They will do everything they can to make customer service/satisfaction 100%
Old 09-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Fally
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ColdList

Sounds very good. Looking forward to your next post when you get some time.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Well chico1977 I can offer this from a personal perspective.

We all have the options offered on the web forums of the various vendors flogging the systems they do...they all claim the best sound and some claim performance increases..so where we take it from all the hype and drivel is anyones best guess.. for me it came down to a few basic considerations

1- general consensus of the product and service of the product
2- vendor experience and knowledge
3- money back guarantee of satisfaction

I started with bydesign based on no.1...no.2 was a natural progression and no.3 sealed the deal.

I did a few initial baselines with my stock system using my vbox..then moved to exhaust/headers. The results were not earth shattering but certainly an improvement. After adding a Cobb AP and spending a fair amount of time with Sam I could now see the results improving even more so..not huge gains but it was obvious we were heading in the right direction...this gave me the confidence to go to the next step and add his intercoolers..it was a natural progression as the proof was in the logs..and the performance gains followed accordingly with the additional time spent evaluating and tweaking things with the guidance and tunes again provided from Sam..
As it stands I've gone from an 11.07 second 1/4 to a 10.5...I cannot directly identify the most beneficial contributing factor but will summarize it as all the right pieces in the right places..

This to date is enough to give me the confidence to go to the final push and the new turbo chargers will be installed next week.

OP you asked about the best components to reach a new level of sound and performance. As we are all likely to agree sound is very much in the ear of the beholder and performance of any significance will not likely be attained solely from one or two exhaust revisions..

Call me off but I wanted a quieter car than stock in normal mode with no drone being mandatory..this I got just as I was told and a somewhat nasty raspy snarl when stepped on..this all from the Kline inconel catless exhaust and Kline manifolds

This is simply my take on the matter but if you want to discuss your options, costs and realistic results you must speak with someone who can provide you with this...someone with extensive experience and who backs up the results with a no conditions guarantee.. you must talk to Sam...you will be left with information that will help you make a sound decision.

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo s Exhaust Addvice