Sponsored by: Road Spy

New turbo s Capristo exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:46 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New turbo s Capristo exhaust

Being fitted today...some pics of install to follow...

Anybody had this installed?

Last edited by YellowPMan; 09-17-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:04 PM
Mc11
Advanced

I´m also thinking about the Capristo exhaust. Can you please post a video with open and closed valves ?
Old 09-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Mc11
Advanced

I just found this new video. It would be interesting to hear the sound drive past.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:24 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mc11
I´m also thinking about the Capristo exhaust. Can you please post a video with open and closed valves ?

Just picked the car up...all I can say is "WTF"...fully open the noise is night and day compared to stock...on the over run the sound is amazing...put it in sport ,and the pops,bangs and crackles are addictive..

There are four different modes, so absolutely zero drone when cruising at speed...and I truly mean zero drone, I actually think way better than stock..

1. Valve closed but still a nice deep rumble (no drone at speed)
2. Valve open but quiet ( no drone at speed)
3. Valve fully open and automatically reacts to acceleration. (It does drone a little in this mode from 70mph)
4. Valve permanently open...(only mode needed IMO. Haha)

I have to admit I was not expecting such a huge change...but wow..even on idle there is a nice deep rumble, but under load it just screams...I'm super happy and it takes a lot to impress me , especially with after market exhausts.. I'm so glad I got a cab, to appreciate it.

Big thank you to chris from Scuderia systems at egham in the uk, he convinced me to wait for this system..and he was so right.

I would advise anybody to listen to this system in person before making any decisions on aftermarket exhausts, it truly is the best I have heard ..videos do not do it justice..this has to be heard in person..not cheap, but I promise you , you will not be disappointed ..
Old 09-18-2014, 05:28 AM
YellowPMan
Instructor

I'm off to Silverstone GP trackday next week so will try to get some footage ..
But I don't think you can truly appreciate it from videos...but will try anyway..

Pm me for more info
Old 09-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Mc11
Advanced

Thanks for your impressions. A video to hear the sound drive past would be great
Old 09-18-2014, 03:42 PM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Thanks for your impressions. A video to hear the sound drive past would be great

Will do...
Old 09-18-2014, 08:21 PM
fygt
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you say where you had the exhaust installed and what was the cost? I've been looking at exhausts but undecided on which to go for as yet. Was leaning towards the AWE system (which seems to make the turbo still sound like a flat 6 based on their video) but waiting for some other user reports first.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:12 PM
YellowPMan
Instructor

Originally Posted by fygt
Can you say where you had the exhaust installed and what was the cost? I've been looking at exhausts but undecided on which to go for as yet. Was leaning towards the AWE system (which seems to make the turbo still sound like a flat 6 based on their video) but waiting for some other user reports first.
I heard the awe system on a car in geneva, and didn't really excite me, well made product but fell short acoustically.
I had it installed by a company in Woking, Surrey , I've used them for many of my after fit exhausts and bodywork modifications...if you are in the london and Home Counties area pm me and I can let you hear the Capristo system..

Or pm me I'm in silverstone next Thursday, if that's easier for you. Be nice to meet you. Come early enough with a £10 note to give to the organisers for passenger registration and I can give you a ride round the track. Also Bring a spare pair of pants!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 02:36 AM
MMH78
Instructor

Originally Posted by YellowPMan
Just picked the car up...all I can say is "WTF"...fully open the noise is night and day compared to stock...on the over run the sound is amazing...put it in sport ,and the pops,bangs and crackles are addictive..

There are four different modes, so absolutely zero drone when cruising at speed...and I truly mean zero drone, I actually think way better than stock..

1. Valve closed but still a nice deep rumble (no drone at speed)
2. Valve open but quiet ( no drone at speed)
3. Valve fully open and automatically reacts to acceleration. (It does drone a little in this mode from 70mph)
4. Valve permanently open...(only mode needed IMO. Haha)

I have to admit I was not expecting such a huge change...but wow..even on idle there is a nice deep rumble, but under load it just screams...I'm super happy and it takes a lot to impress me , especially with after market exhausts.. I'm so glad I got a cab, to appreciate it.

Big thank you to chris from Scuderia systems at egham in the uk, he
convinced me to wait for this system..and he was so right.

I would advise anybody to listen to this system in person before making any decisions on aftermarket exhausts, it truly is the best I have heard ..videos do not do it justice..this has to be heard in person..not cheap, but I promise you , you will not be disappointed ..
Can you describe how the control of this system works, do you have to use key fobs?
Old 09-20-2014, 03:52 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Actually sounds great, capristo is a high end German manufacturer, can't go wrong!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:57 AM
Mc11
Advanced

Originally Posted by YellowPMan
Will do...
Any news to your video?
Old 09-24-2014, 01:47 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Any news to your video?
I'm curious, too. Anyone know if there are any performance gains with this exhaust? And, if so, what they are?
Old 09-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Mc11
Advanced

Here the diagram to the Capristo exhaust.
more infos --> click

Old 09-24-2014, 06:53 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Here the diagram to the Capristo exhaust.
more infos --> click

Thank you.

Quick Reply: New turbo s Capristo exhaust