Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Consensus on stock exhaust and, who is considering getting an AM system?

Old 08-18-2014, 01:49 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Can you put up a clip of your ep, the one on 6spd is terrible.
Would love to oblige Chris but considering I have Joe Fabiani and his lynch mob hot on my heels for my aiding in exposing his last spate of BS, him calling me as having "a vendetta" and incorrectly labeling me a shill as his first and only line of defense in the process, it may not be advisable for me to do that. If I were to do one I would really need some assurance from the mods I'm not going to be banned as they told me EP is not a sponsor on these boards and are very much on Joe's side. Maybe some one else here with an EP can do it?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:22 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

delete

Last edited by NVRANUF; 08-18-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Thanks Bob for adding some needed clarity to a murky mess!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Would love to oblige Chris but considering I have Joe Fabiani and his lynch mob hot on my heels for my aiding in exposing his last spate of BS, him calling me as having "a vendetta" and incorrectly labeling me a shill as his first and only line of defense in the process, it may not be advisable for me to do that. If I were to do one I would really need some assurance from the mods I'm not going to be banned as they told me EP is not a sponsor on these boards and are very much on Joe's side. Maybe some one else here with an EP can do it?
A correction please. Speed21 did not reveal any errors in the Fabspeed piece rather he simply enjoyed twisting the knife for additional torment. I removed those posts but left the ones by others which pointed out the errors in the Fabspeed video.

In addition, Speed21 was warned about his acting as a blatant shill for EP.
so posting a clip of an EP exhaust is fine with me, same with AWE, and other aftermarket supplioeres. Over promoting - or "cheerleading" is not allowed.

Regards,
Old 08-18-2014, 11:17 PM
mils123
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Has anyone had experience with the AWE 991 turbo exhaust?/QUOTE]

Put my order in about a month ago...still waiting.

As everyone here knows, what sound you want to come out of the exhaust pipes for others to hear and what you hear in the cabin for you is all a matter of your own taste. Like most people on this forums here and 6speed, I looked at all of the videos produced by the manufacturers. I also heard Tubi street and EP in person. To me, both systems sound like an amplified version of the stock.

I ordered the AWE system based on what I heard on their video and their reputation. I doubt any buyers can produce a better combination of start-up, drive-by and all important, in cabin sound clips that's already done by AWE themselves. When and if my exhaust gets installed, I will try to put up a before and after install start-up and revs so others can have a reference. From watching the EP and Tubi street videos and then hearing them in person, I have a good idea on how the AWE is going to sound. I think it will be a lot more aggressive when you open her up but not as loud and get the attention you would with a catless system. Will let you know....
Old 08-18-2014, 11:20 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Gotcha. Maybe one of the other guys with the ep could put one up to avoid any situations.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:10 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
A correction please. Speed21 did not reveal any errors in the Fabspeed piece rather he simply enjoyed twisting the knife for additional torment. I removed those posts but left the ones by others which pointed out the errors in the Fabspeed video.

In addition, Speed21 was warned about his acting as a blatant shill for EP.
so posting a clip of an EP exhaust is fine with me, same with AWE, and other aftermarket supplioeres. Over promoting - or "cheerleading" is not allowed.

Regards,
Not wishing to perpetuate this discussion Bob as this thread is supposed to be about a consensus, but with respect to you I do feel a correction to your correction is in order esp given your above comments:

I ("Speed21") revealed a number of errors in that Fabspeed EP expose' thread which had NOT been pointed out by any other members, all since deleted. Your call of course but when it comes down to my reputation I feel i am at least entitled to defend myself against remarks directed toward me which I consider inappropriate.

Here is just one example: https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-europipe.html For the record Bob, this particular RL For Sale add was linked specifically to expose the very basis of Joe's EP youtube presentation as being essentially based upon an untruth constructed purely for his own benefit. The markings on the heat shields clearly show that EP GT2 System was indeed the very system Joe was using and that is hard to argue. No knife twisting, just a post of mine showing the REAL facts.

Incidentally, I was also the very first to post and point out that the EP cat was marked X-RAY yet conveniently not shown amidst the raft of negative conjecture. My pointing this fact out was merely drawing the attention to this key point, which had been overlooked, for the members benefit who at that stage had NOT picked up on it. I note many have since subsequently posted the same observation, asking for the XRAY to be shown, which of course never materialized.

I also posted/referenced Joe formally stating he has never seen a shielded cat, referring it redundant, yet Porsche's cats are all shielded (still)....which I posted and pointed out. Again, no knife twisting..

In so far as now being labelled a "blatant EP" shill, this is a "blatant" assumption Needless to add the general definition of "shill" refers to a person receiving financial gain for generally promoting a sub standard or dubious product, to trick and/or deceive the unsuspecting into buying such and I am not doing any of those unscrupulous things. However, if requested I can provide invoices for all products purchased inc the international transfer wires to confirm money was paid to vendors, and NOT received for ANY perceived services rendered. I have no vendetta or hidden agenda but it is evident Joe has one against me for drawing attention to serious flaws in his various presentations. That IS "blatantly" obvious.

Sorry to take this further off topic...I have had my final say on this unless called upon. Now, back to the consensus please.

It appears the consensus at this stage is that many 991tt owners are now wanting more, and, doing something about it.

Look forward to more info and clips of anyone's purchase or intended purchase...
Old 08-19-2014, 01:25 AM
speed21
Banned

[QUOTE=mils123;11585472]
Has anyone had experience with the AWE 991 turbo exhaust?/QUOTE]

Put my order in about a month ago...still waiting.

As everyone here knows, what sound you want to come out of the exhaust pipes for others to hear and what you hear in the cabin for you is all a matter of your own taste. Like most people on this forums here and 6speed, I looked at all of the videos produced by the manufacturers. I also heard Tubi street and EP in person. To me, both systems sound like an amplified version of the stock.

I ordered the AWE system based on what I heard on their video and their reputation. I doubt any buyers can produce a better combination of start-up, drive-by and all important, in cabin sound clips that's already done by AWE themselves. When and if my exhaust gets installed, I will try to put up a before and after install start-up and revs so others can have a reference. From watching the EP and Tubi street videos and then hearing them in person, I have a good idea on how the AWE is going to sound. I think it will be a lot more aggressive when you open her up but not as loud and get the attention you would with a catless system. Will let you know....
Agree AWE have done a very comprehensive clip, better than anything seen to date. I also agree the sound preference is for each individual to decide upon what is best suited for them. Good to get your final review once you have it on..

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Gotcha. Maybe one of the other guys with the ep could put one up to avoid any situations.
If anyone is brave enough that is lol. Although if Bob is saying it is "OK" then that should be good enough (touch wood). Time and weather permitting I will try and get one done then. I don't have a gopro though...just Iphone if that is OK? Also have a digital hand held camera..
Old 08-22-2014, 01:10 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Just a quick preview video of ours on a neat red 991tt at Evoms

Last edited by sharkster; 08-22-2014 at 02:13 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Consensus on stock exhaust and, who is considering getting an AM system?