Sponsored by: Road Spy

991 Turbo S Spoiler Loss

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 10:41 PM
gbakerge
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RennKit-Dave
Sadly, we don't have an option for the 991 or 992 Turbo... yet.
you should work on an inexpensive option for the front spoiler bladder repair as it seems that is more common than the rear and about a $5k fix.
Old 06-23-2023, 09:11 AM
Uplandr
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RennKit-Dave
Sadly, we don't have an option for the 991 or 992 Turbo... yet.
Im in for a 991 fix....another member of the spoiler loss club...

Ive done some research and have been able to "reset" the spoiler without pulling battery terminal off. With the car off and ignition on, hold the manual spoiler button for ~30 seconds. The button light should flash and the spoilers will extend and tilt for 1-2 cycles. I believe this is part of the "calibration" that has fixed some members spoilers that are stuck, jammed, improperly retracted, etc. Once it fully retracts you lock the car, unlock the car, and then turn it on. This has enabled my spoiler to function again in manual and sport plus mode....all until i reach 77mph. Above 77, it fails immediately or within 60 seconds

Last edited by Uplandr; 06-23-2023 at 09:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rodsky (06-26-2023)
Old 06-23-2023, 09:44 AM
Uplandr
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Has anyone tackled this assembly replacement themselves?
Old 07-19-2023, 03:46 PM
Try m3
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Bumping this thread I’ve been dealing with the spoiler loss issue for a while now manually I can extend and retract the front and rear but once I hit 78mph I get the error code and it takes about 2-3 ignition cycles for the spoilers to deploy again. So far I have had the front air bladder pressurized and check for leaks none found. I just replaced the control assembly in the frunk and had Porsche calibrate the spoiler but I’m still getting the spoiler loss once I hit 78mph. At this point should I just replace the front spoiler or should I check anything else? Thanks
Old 07-19-2023, 06:18 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

So I had the same message a few months ago. Just popped up without any previous issue and then every time I drove at speed.

Went to the Porsche dealer and their answer was a front spoiler bladder leak give us lots of $’s to replace. I have never hit anything with the spoiler so I was suspicious enough to say wait.

I brought my car for an oil change one week later to my Indy. Great shop who does great work for 1/2 the Porsche tax rate. They checked everything and said all was good. They performed a total spoiler function reset and all good no more issues and cost nothing but a bit of time.
Old 07-19-2023, 06:22 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

Originally Posted by Try m3
.. replaced the control assembly in the frunk …
Part number?
Old 07-19-2023, 06:35 PM
Try m3
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
So I had the same message a few months ago. Just popped up without any previous issue and then every time I drove at speed.

Went to the Porsche dealer and their answer was a front spoiler bladder leak give us lots of $’s to replace. I have never hit anything with the spoiler so I was suspicious enough to say wait.

I brought my car for an oil change one week later to my Indy. Great shop who does great work for 1/2 the Porsche tax rate. They checked everything and said all was good. They performed a total spoiler function reset and all good no more issues and cost nothing but a bit of time.
so I also took mine to my Indy and they said no leaks or damage at all to the spoiler when they did the function test the front spoiler was failing and they diagnosed the issue at the valve in the control assembly. After replacing it and recalibrating the spoiler same issue so I decided to have Porsche recalibrate it they charged me $500 to recalibrate lol. But still the same issue so now I’m thinking in my case it might actually be some issue in the front spoiler/air bladder. At this point I’m debating if I should fork up the $5k or just do a gt3 bumper or techart lip and code the rear spoiler to always stay up.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Just seems crazy they can't find a fix for you. I think the cost of these front spoilers is robbery.

Quick Reply: 991 Turbo S Spoiler Loss