Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS production delay (I was told)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:50 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RS production delay (I was told)

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Engine problems most likely.
Can you move along to somewhere else.....
Old 08-26-2015, 04:40 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Well considering how well Porsche took care of the first engine mishap/ and us owners, I would almost welcome a problem with this one. Almost...
Old 08-26-2015, 05:04 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

If there is any delay, it is because Porsche cannot keep up with the demand on the Carbon Fiber seats in both the GT3RS and the GT4. If you ordered and configured your cars in July and wanted the carbon Fiber buckets seats then you may have to wait. If you want to be "On-Track" with delivery dates, then you might be forced to accept the 18-way power seats.

Going to the subject of engine issues, definitely NONE. Mine drives like a bat out of hell.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 08-26-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:48 PM
JoeGT3rs
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am tracking the ship carrying my car via satellite. My car docs in Puerto Rico tomorrow, on to San Diego and then delivery to me by mid-September! Did not have any production delays, ordered CF seats and no issues.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:57 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
If there is any delay, it is because Porsche cannot keep up with the demand on the Carbon Fiber seats in both the GT3RS and the GT4. If you ordered and configured your cars in July and wanted the carbon Fiber buckets seats then you may have to wait. If you want to be "On-Track" with delivery dates, then you might be forced to accept the 18-way power seats.

Going to the subject of engine issues, definitely NONE. MIne drives like a bat out of hell.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Do you know this for a fact, or are you just saying something? Checking because the seat shortage has not been taken care of, and even spider vehicles are getting them no problem.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:27 PM
martijnvan
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My build is (or should I say was) a high optioned LO with LWB seats.
Initially had a Oct build, then they moved it to July, and now TBD.
And now they say could even become Dec build...
Old 08-26-2015, 10:30 PM
martijnvan
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not believe my delay is related to an engine problem.
LWB could be, but also doubt that.
Maybe my dealer simply moved my build to accommodate someone else.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:45 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Similar here. Oct build moves to July due to black PTS with shop date of august 8.

Unfortunately, it didn't ship on August 8 and it's been showing "in production" since July. Perhaps the slowest built car in the world...

I hear they only use female virgins to assemble my car and those are in short supply presently...
Old 08-26-2015, 10:56 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Pre-Delivery Inspection picture taken August 3 2015

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Do you know this for a fact, or are you just saying something? Checking because the seat shortage has not been taken care of, and even spider vehicles are getting them no problem.

Hello CAlexio,

Hope all is well with you. That is a matter of fact as I have already received delivery my 2016 GT3RS. It was my Porsche dealer who kept updating me on a weekly basis as my car was being produced. If I sat and waited until July to configure my car, I am for sure going to be delayed for delivery, luckily I ordered early enough. I configured my car in March of this year so I am one of the first few owners taking delivery of this highly sought after 991 GT3RS.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 08-26-2015 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 08-26-2015, 11:42 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No change of status for me, production entry was 9/18, then changed to 9/11 and now 9/25. I find it very weird that your status changed back to a commission number only.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:46 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im worried about those engines that caught fire.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:18 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Shahano
Im worried about those engines that caught fire.
“Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere”

lets wait and see.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:10 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jo_ker
“Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere”
Good quote. I'll steal it shamelessly.

Allow me to add a little clarity with a copy of a note my dealer received from PAG in the Vehicle Distribution news regarding the RS builds. It's a little confusing but here we go:

"991 GT3 RS has a longer production process in the start-up phase.

As a consequence, relevant vehicles might be delayed up to 4 weeks in relation to the allocation month.

These delays are already considered within the expected dates of the relevant orders and are shown correctly in the Order Management system."

The note is confusing, IMO, because they also showed a ship date of Aug 7 but apparently, that's from a different system and fails to consider the delay.

It doesn't explain the delay nor does it reconcile why some ship early so I continue to think the issue is related to the exclusive use of virgins to assemble my car... But I digress.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by alaint101
Good quote. I'll steal it shamelessly.

Allow me to add a little clarity with a copy of a note my dealer received from PAG in the Vehicle Distribution news regarding the RS builds. It's a little confusing but here we go:

"991 GT3 RS has a longer production process in the start-up phase.

As a consequence, relevant vehicles might be delayed up to 4 weeks in relation to the allocation month.

These delays are already considered within the expected dates of the relevant orders and are shown correctly in the Order Management system."

The note is confusing, IMO, because they also showed a ship date of Aug 7 but apparently, that's from a different system and fails to consider the delay.

It doesn't explain the delay nor does it reconcile why some ship early so I continue to think the issue is related to the exclusive use of virgins to assemble my car... But I digress.
Does that date back to June/July? My car was originally stated to be a late July/early August production. This was pushed back about 4-weeks to an early September production. Your info above appears to me to be a part of this early 4-week delay in production.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:17 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

My production date has always been around the 11th of September and hasn't really changed. Mine is GT Silver though.

Quick Reply: RS production delay (I was told)