Sponsored by:

anyone else think more GT3RS will come after aug vacation

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 09:20 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Default anyone else think more GT3RS will come after aug vacation

Im hopeful that after the usual August vacation, that PAG will give us more GTRS allocations. -fingers crossed
Old 07-29-2015, 09:32 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
Im hopeful that after the usual August vacation, that PAG will give us more GTRS allocations. -fingers crossed
I feel very strongly that more are coming... even though my dealer keeps telling me I'm nuts!
Old 07-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to guess the margin on the GT3 RS is one of the highest, other than maybe the turbo. Let me think, I am a major manufacturer, and I want to make more of a lower margin car?
Old 07-29-2015, 10:00 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,770 Likes on 4,771 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Verges - Dallas
I am going to guess the margin on the GT3 RS is one of the highest, other than maybe the turbo. Let me think, I am a major manufacturer, and I want to make more of a lower margin car?
Actually it''s probably one of the lowest. If not the lowest.

High margin cars are the Macan, Panamera and Cayenne (probably in that order).

If we're talking the 911 model line, then the base Carrera would have the highest margin.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:01 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

There will be a second collective tranche of allocations to US dealers in late Winter / early Spring 2016.

Doesn't mean that there won't be trickles and drip-drip-drip allocations in the interim.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:16 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm pretty certain that another wave of allocations is coming, and they'll probably keep producing them until "almost" everyone that wants one, gets one. Below is a snippet from the recent Ferrari prospectus. I think Porsche works in the same way with their GT cars, with more elasticity on the volume targets.
----- Ferrari prospectus statement....
In general, our shipments do not vary based on changes in demand. Rather, we tend to ship based on volume targets established under our low volume strategy. As part of this strategy, we seek to manage waiting lists in the various markets in which we operate to respond appropriately to relative levels of demand while being sensitive to local client expectations in those markets. In certain markets, we believe that waiting lists have promoted our products’ sense of exclusivity; accordingly we monitor and manage such waiting lists to maintain such exclusivity while ensuring that we do not jeopardize client satisfaction.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:23 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
There will be a second collective tranche of allocations to US dealers in late Winter / early Spring 2016.

Doesn't mean that there won't be trickles and drip-drip-drip allocations in the interim.
This. Maybe late fall is my guess.

Managing expectations: no PTS, no custom anything, no purple, just std colors and LO. That you can bet on!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:24 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

PAG is still struggling with scheduling current allocations right now - way too hard to read anything at the moment. My PTS color was loaded and accepted on May 28th and still not back to V200+ with a delivery date determined.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:28 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 213 Posts

Actually it''s probably one of the lowest. If not the lowest.

High margin cars are the Macan, Panamera and Cayenne (probably in that order).

If we're talking the 911 model line, then the base Carrera would have the highest margin.
Is this confirmed? I would think that most models are very close in margin.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:31 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 213 Posts

Hope for more allocations. Hoping for the phone call from my dealer everyday...
Old 07-29-2015, 10:41 PM
911Monte
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

The growth of Porsches SUV segment has pressured margins.

From a WSJ article:
"But it does pay a price for the growth of its SUVs, whose margins are thinner.

Porsche’s profit margin slipped to 15.8% in 2014 from 18% the year before—in part because of the growth in the share of SUVs in its sales.

“It is a fact that we earn less on the Macan,” says Mr. Müller."
Old 07-29-2015, 11:04 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911Monte
The growth of Porsches SUV segment has pressured margins.

From a WSJ article:
"But it does pay a price for the growth of its SUVs, whose margins are thinner.

Porsche’s profit margin slipped to 15.8% in 2014 from 18% the year before—in part because of the growth in the share of SUVs in its sales.

“It is a fact that we earn less on the Macan,” says Mr. Müller."
Those are cumulative numbers for the company as a whole, not on a per-car basis, I believe.

And depending on how one calculates the R&D costs, one could make an argument that the 911 is the highest net margin car of all time given that it's design is at best evolutionary, and rarely ever completely revolutionary.

But the SUVs from Porsche have one advantage that the Pannys and 911 do not. They get to share architecture and parts across company lines, esp. with the Audi and VW SUVs.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:20 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

For my GT3, it took me around 16 months, from looking for an allocation and delivery. This is the longest time I looked for a car.

I am a nobody, but I know this fact, as long as you have the money, and want an RS, you(I)will get one.

I am not too worried right now, lets say compared to when I was looking for a GT3. And if I dont get one, my GT3 is more than enough to get me to the grocery and occasionally make my hair on fire.

Otherwise, my SUV can do the rest.

So PCNA, you can play all the games you want, but your tricks are for new comers. The rest of us who have been there, you know what I mean.

Congrats to those who have a car on order/on the way.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:24 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Watch, they'll have 20-40 "special" PTS allocations like they did with the GT3 that come out of nowhere and they'll screw all you guys trying to get PTS...the Porsche way feed more of a frenzy (over $100k MSRP for those cars from our favorite stealerships).
Old 07-29-2015, 11:26 PM
Keith Verges - Dallas
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are cumulative numbers for the company as a whole, not on a per-car basis, I believe.

And depending on how one calculates the R&D costs, one could make an argument that the 911 is the highest net margin car of all time given that it's design is at best evolutionary, and rarely ever completely revolutionary.

But the SUVs from Porsche have one advantage that the Pannys and 911 do not. They get to share architecture and parts across company lines, esp. with the Audi and VW SUVs.
Since we are taking a left turn on allocations, the discussion of SUVs does not make much sense to me, as they are not made in Zuffenhausen and I don't think realistically could be made there. The Zuffenhausen line can make any and all of the 911/Boxster/Cayman variants in any order, which to my mind is pure genius. I don't know the particulars, but I find it hard to believe that a $180,000 GT3 RS does not have more margin than a much less expensive 911 Carrera. In addition, consumers will pay full nickel and then some for the RS and I doubt anyone pays full nickel for a Carrera right now. Just like there is such a thing as a 2016 GT3, I will be surprised if more RS's don't come online

Quick Reply: anyone else think more GT3RS will come after aug vacation