Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made an inquiry about an RS. My salesperson said no soup for me.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 12:52 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm sure Champion isn't far behind.
I was # 8 on the list at Champion back in the beginning on March 8 th 2013
4 days after The world introduction @ Geneva Show , within 6 weeks they
had taken 50+ deposit not knowing how many allocation they would be getting, when they learned of the # of allocation due them they returned 30
deposits and delivered 20+ GT3's , mine # 8 allocation deal at MSRP

Last edited by R.Deacon; 07-28-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:23 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Early adopter's get to pay up the butt hole. And to think of what could be done with all that saved money. Can't people just wait a year to 18 months instead of getting ripped off? Dealership asking $100K over msrp should be banned for all time. That is just sheerly stupid!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:45 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Early adopter's get to pay up the butt hole. And to think of what could be done with all that saved money. Can't people just wait a year to 18 months instead of getting ripped off? Dealership asking $100K over msrp should be banned for all time. That is just sheerly stupid!
People are just scared they won't get them. Everyone on the board that has an allocation keeps saying there are no more and will be no more. Everyone on the board waiting for an allocation is saying there will be more. Who knows.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:14 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by poofyo101
People are just scared they won't get them. Everyone on the board that has an allocation keeps saying there are no more and will be no more. Everyone on the board waiting for an allocation is saying there will be more. Who knows.
EXACT samething happened to the last 997.2 GT3RS - EAXACT. Sure you might not get one off the bat but people will turn around and flip them for more than they paid for their's. The market will even out and stabilize at a lower value than MSRP. A person is smart, people are dumb! I say that because when demand outstrips demand the people will do stupid 5h!7 like paying way over MSRP.

And it's absolutely funny, we are talking about successful people who, say, made fortune's on market's and option's and businesses and what have you. Gee let me pay $50K over msrp so I can be one of the first to own a depreciating asset (well not unless you flip the car quickly while the 991 GT3RS fever is in full swing).

And please don't overpay for a second hand RS that was bought to turn around from Marshall Goldman or Southlake Texas. Talking about strong scruples with those dealership's. I have my reason's. (There will be a ton of turn around cars)

The morale is just wait, invest your money in low risk investments instead of overpaying on a premium on the GT3RS that is just silly.

High $100K+ Premiums are for new Ferrari's. J/K
Old 07-28-2015, 11:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

I have bought a few of these things.
yes, everyone will EVENTUALLY get one
if I waited long enough maybe I can actually afford a cgt and a 918
but then I might die b4 that day....

no NOT everyone will get one that they want
some like to spec it exactly the way they want

look at 7.2rs, lots of great low mile and well priced cars, the one member from Alaska for example. I would have paid his asking and more if he had no chrono and no GPS. yes that One ortwo option killed it for me.

If a car has lift, it's totally worthless to ME.

I know quite a few in our group where one option will kill the deal. so they, to date, has not found 7.2rs. so there, not everyone will have one they want.

ymmv

why PAG would not make more is beyond me. I think they should build all that they can sell. everyone who wants one should b able to get one EXACTLY how they want it and not doing backflips through fire rings with white tigers like I have been... thus hurting my back and relying in pdk now( this is the REAL reason why they stopped H pattern and moved to pdk)

Last edited by mooty; 07-28-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:25 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm paying MSRP, I have no view on future values, no view on future allocations - I don't really even buy the 2,000 limit number. I just hope I love the car or I'm probably giving up and ordering a Singer as it'll be my 5th 991 to own...
Old 07-28-2015, 11:30 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ get singer
here in the valley, 991rs are about as common as odyssey
soccer dads drive them. rs that is

now singer.... soccer dad will be surrounded by soccer moms....
I'm on ramen diet to save for singer.
if u can, u must....
Old 07-28-2015, 11:39 AM
Four Liter
Pro

Mooty is a very smart man . My 2 cents would be 964RS and 993RS although visually the Singer makes your knees weak .
Old 07-28-2015, 11:46 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ u are sharp too
I looked for import 964rs 993 rs or rscs. they are 400+ USD
very limited resale mkt
I worry when I get a margin or capital call and have to liquidate :-)
I drove both in Asia.... they are something else!!
Old 07-28-2015, 12:00 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Dealership asking $100K over msrp should be banned for all time. That is just sheerly stupid!
Who cares what they ask......I say more power to them. If someone out there is willing to pay that much over then regardless of how we feel about the audacity of asking more than msrp they are proving us wrong. I always think it is poor long term plan for future customer retention and growth but I'm not sure that it will affect long term business for them either....when economy doesn't support these over msrp transactions and as the demand goes down so will the asking prices over msrp and perhaps we will see them start to reverse to the other side of msrp on the GT cars again. Until then buyers are the ones enabling this behavior and if they are getting it then they are good to go in my book.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:22 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ u are sharp too
I looked for import 964rs 993 rs or rscs. they are 400+ USD
very limited resale mkt
I worry when I get a margin or capital call and have to liquidate :-)
I drove both in Asia.... they are something else!!
I would probably have to go RHD so I can take it back to Australia with me which makes the 964/993 RS just stupid money. Singer starts to look like better money or a '73 RS tribute but that's still $250k for a properly setup one...
Old 07-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

While I personally would not pay over MSRP ,people are free to do what they wish. Perhaps Porsche should have a restriction on flippers, requiring 6 month hold (or a year) to discourage people who are just buying to make a buck as against those who want to drive the cars.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:31 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
While I personally would not pay over MSRP ,people are free to do what they wish. Perhaps Porsche should have a restriction on flippers, requiring 6 month hold (or a year) to discourage people who are just buying to make a buck as against those who want to drive the cars.
Doesn't Ferrari do this?
Old 07-28-2015, 12:34 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
Perhaps Porsche should have a restriction on flippers, requiring 6 month hold (or a year) to discourage people who are just buying to make a buck as against those who want to drive the cars.
Difficult to pull that off by a manufacturer with the franchise laws in most states keeping the manufacturer out of the selling process unless they force lease only situations with very specific language written in but I don't think you will ever see that happen. It would cost them just as many deals as the process would to protect against flippers unless they only made a couple hundred of a specific model like a Ferrari halo car.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:18 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Doesn't Ferrari do this?
I believe Ferrari prevent dealers from selling new cars above MSRP but used cars are fair game.

Quick Reply: Made an inquiry about an RS. My salesperson said no soup for me.