Sponsored by:

Wind Buffeting Solution

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 10:40 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Woot, woot!!! They're done!

My fellow Rennlisters, I FINALLY picked up this first batch this afternoon.

I'll start shipping out to all that sent me P.M.'s on a first come, first serve basis.

I'm not really that good on e-commerce stuff, but thinking that paypal is probably going to be the easiest way to do it.

I haven't gotten final invoicing yet, but I want to get these out to you all.

I know the priority shipping by USPS is going to be $5.95, so I'll eat the difference of the few bucks it may come in above. No big deal.

So, if those who PM'd me will plan on a flat $50.00, plus the postage of $5.95, total of $55.95, I think that's what we'll do.

Macca, you're the only guy I need help with? I'm going to go to the post office when dropping off the first group and bring your package personally to find out how to ship? I'll let you know what shipping was after I drop it off, buddy.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

I remember like yesterday how irritating it was when I discovered this problem and HATED the idea that early adopters were expected to pay Ferrari like prices on something that should have been so simple? Just absolutely TICKED me off. Nothing wrong making a few bucks, but don't be pigs about it

BTW, I feel I need to clarify... the first solutions were priced around $279.00. There are much more reasonably priced fixes now and think the commercial products mentioned even on this thread are great compromises.

Last edited by est8esq; 08-27-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:14 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^^^with all your responsibilities and endeavors to tend to , so impressive and major KUDOS to you to see this through for fellow RLers. MOST IMPRESSIVE enjoy the satisfaction of your contribution !!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:15 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
^^^with all your responsibilities and endeavors to tend to , so impressive and major KUDOS to you to see this through for fellow RLers. MOST IMPRESSIVE enjoy the satisfaction of your contribution !!
Plus one for sure!
Old 08-28-2015, 12:11 AM
NSD991
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 112 Posts

Payment sent! Again, Thank you
Old 08-28-2015, 03:28 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are still accepting orders, I would like to order a set For my GT3. I tried to send you PM on couple of occasions, but for some reason, my outbox is not showing any messages sent to you. Not sure why. Thanks a million in advance. Mark
Old 08-28-2015, 04:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

John. Thanks so much for this! Have PM'd you...
Old 08-28-2015, 07:45 AM
est8esq
Racer

Default Installation suggestion

Folks-

I've been receiving several similar questions on install, so I thought I'd offer my humble comment. One thing I've learned from being on this forum is that the vast majority of you are WAY more technical and smarter than me

I guess my only advantage is simply from having played with this in advance, so I'm only providing my opinion being the first to play with this.

These winglets are so light that I believe the simple, white "foam double sided tape" that you can buy at Home Depot, Lowes or even grocery stores will work. However, the only reservation there is it's capacity to hold through long periods of wet and cold? I have to believe the 3m double sided tape should be stronger and being "commercial grade" may be your best solution.

Irrespective of what you use, I believe the more important consideration is going to be in the "prep". You need to make absolutely certain that you use a cleaning chemical, ie rubbing alcohol to ensure BOTH the winglet AND car are clean of any film, armorall or wax.

I think as long as you do that, you'll be fine.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:37 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts
Default Well worth the wait and the price...

Arrived today...

This is what I used. Overkill, but worth some piece of mind.

Easy to prep... Easy to place.

During ye olde roade teste...

Happy as can be with the result. An immediate and noticeable difference. Took her 'down to Mexico' tonight with zero drama.

Thanks again, J. Awesome job and well done for your friends here!

S
Old 08-31-2015, 10:41 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts
Default Wind Buffeting Solution

Do you have any left?
Old 09-01-2015, 10:09 PM
bhf_clt
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, I missed the original allocation as well and would love to get these.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:37 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

John - rec'd mine as well - thank you for doing this. I am surprised the deflector angle is as mild as it is... much less deflection angle than the AWE or Blackmill ones. I am sure you tested these... I am off to Thunderhill this Friday and will report back!

Thanks again for your kindness and efforts.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:07 AM
woodrow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WIND BUFFETING

Got mine fast shipper NO BS good mod to have for sure thanks again ! cheers from nevada 991 GTS !

Last edited by woodrow; 09-02-2015 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:26 PM
est8esq
Racer

Default Still a few left

Originally Posted by signes
Do you have any left?
Sorry for the delay in response. Just back in from NY.

Yes, I still have a few left.

If you're interested, please pm me and I'll forward my email address for paypal.

Forgive me for my lack of organization, but after I respond to pm's, I've been shipping on a "first come, first serve" basis by looking at payments and simply shipping off of the paypal list.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:38 PM
est8esq
Racer

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
John - rec'd mine as well - thank you for doing this. I am surprised the deflector angle is as mild as it is... much less deflection angle than the AWE or Blackmill ones. I am sure you tested these... I am off to Thunderhill this Friday and will report back!

Thanks again for your kindness and efforts.
The first set I made were half the size of these and still worked, but took a higher speed before becoming effective. I thought by adding to that first gen and creating what it is now was a happy medium to the other make out there that I thought were way too obtrusive, almost bombastic?

I just thought these were a good trade off? Honestly, there's no science behind it. It was a simple "close enough" thing for me.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:41 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

John,

Thanks much!

By the way, I found this that references 10 lbs strength v. 5 lbs strengh for Scotch competitor.

Amazon.com: Gorilla Tape 6065001 Mounting Tape, Clear: Home Improvement Amazon.com: Gorilla Tape 6065001 Mounting Tape, Clear: Home Improvement

I guess it's the same strength as:

Amazon.com: Scotch 414P 1 by 60-Inch Extreme Mounting Tape: Home Improvement Amazon.com: Scotch 414P 1 by 60-Inch Extreme Mounting Tape: Home Improvement

Maybe I should have gone with:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scotch...4-DC/203405976

Dan (waits 2 day A Prime shipping to mount)

Quick Reply: Wind Buffeting Solution