Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great article in Panorama GT4 / GT3 / RS

Old 07-25-2015, 09:47 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 733 Posts
Default Great article in Panorama GT4 / GT3 / RS

Pete Stoute wrote a great article in July's Panorama that fell on the doormat today.

What a great article to read this evening, read it now, don't wait. I haven't driven a GT4 but have driven a GTS on track, driven a GT3 just around the block for a few minutes, but I think I'm exactly on the same page as Pete.
I feel better after the analogy of the old 4.0 costing more than the new 4.0 in terms of performance and content value LOL.
My wife today goes "Don't be an idiot again and keep this one and just add the next one" I swear she said that after as I showed her the Panorama photo's that shows my spec purple and matte aluminum beautifully :-)

You can't go wrong with any GT Porsche car. More models more choice. Let's just hope they don't water it down too much (My opinion no dry sump in GT4 seems not needed but it's the first step..) like M cars went down the toilet.

Big thanks for the facts and perspectives Pete!! If you see this post; I may be wrong but the Ultra Violet RS doesn't have silver wheels to my eye but the (exclusive to purple cars) matte aluminum instead. Silver and black wheels are optional on all colors and PTS cars. AFAIK, you cant get that on anything but UV. The Silver wheels look less white.

After a day at Sebring driving my hot rod 964RSA, I told someone; "I never once today thought, I wish I had flappy paddles because this shifting thing is too much work" as we're talking all track cars coming to market 350R, Z28, GT4 etc etc, more yacking than usual because we were looking at the pouring rain in Sebring. so a couple people mentioned Panorama article with a purple RS..

Looked at a new GT3 in beautiful white and thought to myself that it's really a nice all around track car. Than I get a text from Orbit that he received a GT3RS...
Crap, first to Orbit and then home to read Panorama :-)

So I attempted 3 more laps of aqua planing, played with my Harry's laptimer setup a but more and left. Some more aqua planing and Gumball driving (when dry) and shortly after I was sitting in the new RS at Orbit.
The car is way more impressive in person, it's huge, really exotic curves but really well put together. I think it's awesome. Surprisingly this car had all the leg room I'd ever want. Huge room inside, much much bigger than 997.
It came up that most RS won't get tracked. What a shame. The car had sofas, maybe that gives more legroom also.

I asked if we could put it on the lift and Rodger right away agreed. We can confirm it sits much higher than 997's so much easier to lift. Car looks so nice underneath with zero miles :-) the uprights are 991CUP like and seen lots more cool stuff.
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=59610 Sorry for the crazy big pics.

Then read a great article about the 3 model GT comparison, I think it was a good Porsche track filled day
Oh boy my car is 8 weeks out, The Ring 8 weeks and a day.. I'm getting excited!

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 07-25-2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I phone stupid spell check.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:03 PM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for making my day Trakcar.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:13 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^^ Great post ,will look forward to the read ,

Was at LRP this past week it's not a pancake

first time green horn had some modded evo rice patty , we really belonged in a walmart parking lot

with cones learning how to swift LOL

can you share what dealer supplied the RS ?
Old 07-25-2015, 10:19 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I read the article last night. Great read, seems to be the norm for Pete Stout who has added so much to Panorama. It's hard to go wrong with any GT car, and I wouldn't turn down any of them, but taking everything into consideration the 3 just hits the sweet spot for me.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:21 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
^^ Great post ,will look forward to the read ,

Was at LRP this past week it's not a pancake

first time green horn had some modded evo rice patty , we really belonged in a walmart parking lot

with cones learning how to swift LOL

can you share what dealer supplied the RS ?
LRP?

Sorry Brahman car..
Old 07-25-2015, 10:24 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I read the article last night. Great read, seems to be the norm for Pete Stout who has added so much to Panorama. It's hard to go wrong with any GT car, and I wouldn't turn down any of them, but taking everything into consideration the 3 just hits the sweet spot for me.
The magazine is much improved, real size, real articles and now I look forward to receiving it! It just takes guys like one of us, except hard work and knowing how to formulate POV's of the Porsche faithful and put it on paper LOL By 3, you mean the non-RS right?

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 07-25-2015 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:05 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Old 07-25-2015, 11:30 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
LRP

Sorry Brahman car..
sorry
Lime Rock , didn't crack 60 sec lap , next time

had a PFC 11 LR outside pad prematurely disintegrate after only four event

replaced back oem's for the time being

Last edited by R.Deacon; 07-26-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

PFC had that happen a few times I heard.
I thought we couldn't pass Lime Rock sound? Never been there!
Old 07-25-2015, 11:49 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

I may have to get a panorama subscription. I thought it came free with my PCA membership, but no dice.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:01 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
PFC had that happen a few times I heard.
I thought we couldn't pass Lime Rock sound? Never been there!
sorry being
afternoon unmuffled pca/hvr de

03 cup on hoho's with years of laps had 3 sec on me ,my first day back in 4yrs.

Last edited by R.Deacon; 07-26-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:12 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Great article in Panorama GT4 / GT3 / RS

Originally Posted by Drifting
I may have to get a panorama subscription. I thought it came free with my PCA membership, but no dice.
Panorama is included with PCA membership.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:21 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by david
Panorama is included with PCA membership.
Thank you. I need to talk to the PCA people again.

Last edited by Drifting; 07-26-2015 at 12:25 AM. Reason: .
Old 07-26-2015, 12:48 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

To me, before Pete, Panorama was an afterthought. Now, not only do I read it, I also enjoy the articles. Pete has done a fantastic job with the magazine. I also appreciate his very thoughful, and informative posts on Rennlist.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:49 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
To me, before Pete, Panorama was an afterthought. Now, not only do I read it, I also enjoy the articles. Pete has done a fantastic job with the magazine. I also appreciate his very thoughful, and informative posts on Rennlist.
I completely agree. Pete has added so much value to Panorama. I really enjoy his articles. He also seems like a hell of a nice guy. Go Pete & keep up the great work. Mark

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Great article in Panorama GT4 / GT3 / RS