Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeal when turning the wheel left

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:26 PM
GT Silver
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for bringing this thread up again - I have the same problem. Does anyone have the schematic diagram for the parts / part of the car we are dealing with here. Want to get a grip on the situation and understand the components we are dealing with when these parts are changed.

Many thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:11 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a sound like this but comes from the rear right wheel. but only happens when you are turning hard to the left and barely moving. Tech said it was coming from the brake but I could make it happen when no brake. They told me its normal GT3 sounds and if it gets worse come back. Was kinda frustrated but don't know what to do.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:18 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Mine seems to do this when slowly pulling away from a stop even in a straight line... must be something different.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:55 PM
JFA65
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the turning squeal and the left rear spring squeal. Took it into the dealer this week. They said that they couldn't find it, it's very intermittent, and that Porsche only compensated them for 15 minutes of investigation. The service manager said it's a GT3 and I should just live with the noises. I advised him that other dealers are attempting repairs and again his response was its a track car not a daily driver and these noises are expected and part of the GT3 experience. I ordered the LSP lube as referenced in another thread for DIY repair.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:35 PM
SZFL6
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem. Seems to be fixed now. Please see attached work sheet.
Dealer suggested new struts and mounts were required but issue fixed with a simpler solution.
Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2019, 12:59 AM
lazrgato
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to revive an old thread but this just started happening to my car. It seems like there are a couple different schools of thought on what fixes this but the info is pretty old now and I was wondering if there is a more agreed upon solution or if a solution is need at all? Thanks!
Old 03-30-2020, 02:42 AM
Plantar Flexion
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lazrgato
Sorry to revive an old thread but this just started happening to my car. It seems like there are a couple different schools of thought on what fixes this but the info is pretty old now and I was wondering if there is a more agreed upon solution or if a solution is need at all? Thanks!
Did you ever get any feedback from anyone?
How many miles on the car?

Quick Reply: Squeal when turning the wheel left