Sponsored by:

2016 GT3 available

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 12:34 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2016 GT3 available

Got a call last night from a dealer that has an allocation available (still possible to change specs until today or tomorrow). This is not the dealer I bought my GT3 from, but apparently this dealer put me on a list when I was calling around last year looking for an allocation.

I told him I was only interested (even though I have my 15 MY spec'd to my liking) if I could get it done in PTS. Obviously that's not possible, so I passed.

Just throwing it out there....

Contact general manager of Motor werks in Barrinton, Illinois. Brian was his name. 847-304-3714
I have no affiliation with them, but feel free to tell him Tommy sent you. I could use any luck myself in hopes of one of these dealers getting me an RS allocation! :-)
Old 05-28-2015, 12:55 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

At MSRP?
Old 05-28-2015, 01:29 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by signes
At MSRP?
Yes!
Old 05-28-2015, 01:39 PM
Birel22
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phone call made and message left.........
Old 05-28-2015, 02:23 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Very nice of OP to post. Just to save some folks some time, I understand from another RLer who called that they are looking to sell at MSRP only to local customers. This is understandable and not at all uncommon. Most dealers, even small ones, have lists several people long, so this is a great opportunity for an Illinois enthusiast. Tree, hope you get your RS allocation.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:29 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke to Brian this morning & he told me that they have a pending deal on the car, but not yet 100% done. PCNA gave him this car as an extra allocation for doing so well. It is currently spec'd in White/Blk leather with silver stitching...about $155k MSRP. No PCCB or LWB, so really not the car for me...he even told me that the system won't let him add the LWB to the order. If you want those seat, you will be looking at a calendar year 16 delivery.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:34 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by Birel22
Phone call made and message left.........
I'm sure this guys phone has been ringing off the hook after this post on RL!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:47 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
I'm sure this guys phone has been ringing off the hook after this post on RL!
No doubt. That was my first thought when I saw Tree's post.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 PM
docapl
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried too. The GM (Brian) was very nice but he really prefers to sell the car locally.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 25 Posts

I just want to say that seeing a dealer do the right thing by selling at MSRP just further reinforces that I will NEVER purchase a Porsche from Porsche of Plano. It is pure greed and not good for the Porsche brand. There is a reason why Apple doesn't jack up the price on the new iPhones even though there is more demand than supply. Plano had been trying to get my business away from Park Place (who never charged over MSRP even if they didn't give great trade values), but I balked at the $35K over MSRP (which I got down to $25K over MSRP). I hope others will go out of their way to support dealers who do the right thing! Just my two cents. I may end up never getting a new GT3!
Old 05-28-2015, 04:52 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Sorry for you out of state folks. I did not know they were looking to sell only to in state buyers. I hope someone here is able to get this baby regardless!
Old 05-28-2015, 04:53 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Very nice of OP to post. Just to save some folks some time, I understand from another RLer who called that they are looking to sell at MSRP only to local customers. This is understandable and not at all uncommon. Most dealers, even small ones, have lists several people long, so this is a great opportunity for an Illinois enthusiast. Tree, hope you get your RS allocation.
Thank you Sir!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:45 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by GT TREE
Sorry for you out of state folks. I did not know they were looking to sell only to in state buyers. I hope someone here is able to get this baby regardless!
No apologies necessary!! All the RL's here appreciate the lead & I do respect the dealer wanting to sell in his local market. If they only sell at MSRP, then at least you know that you are taking care of the customers that will be hopefully servicing with you....and eventually trading in or coming back to get another Pcar!! I feel that is a great business model to build a sustainable customer base!
Old 05-28-2015, 08:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
No apologies necessary!! All the RL's here appreciate the lead & I do respect the dealer wanting to sell in his local market. If they only sell at MSRP, then at least you know that you are taking care of the customers that will be hopefully servicing with you....and eventually trading in or coming back to get another Pcar!! I feel that is a great business model to build a sustainable customer base!
Yeah, too bad Southern California dealerships don't share the same belief. I'd love to buy from one of the local dealers, but the $$$ signs get in the way of them wanting to establish a relationship with a younger buyer who'll be buying many cars in the future.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:48 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah, too bad Southern California dealerships don't share the same belief. I'd love to buy from one of the local dealers, but the $$$ signs get in the way of them wanting to establish a relationship with a younger buyer who'll be buying many cars in the future.
Yup. This ^^

Short-sightedness is a common problem amongst humans. Hard to find the truly exceptional ones. When you find 'em, stick with 'em.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3 available