Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 GT3 R DFI & RSR Turbo (Article)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:15 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2016 GT3 R DFI & RSR Turbo (Article)

Best I could do with Google translate. Hope some of the native German speakers could help.

In English (using Google Translate)
"ie speculation is over, the blebt THE FAITHFUL ELFER PORSCHE GT Le Mans regulator. Debut of the new 911 GT3 R was a GT after rkssportklasse. postponed to 2016 cal insiders have confirmed jett. that management (GT LM) and failed in the Kundensport-: Por musings Also in the GTLM class prevails GT3 category. In addition to the Heckmotor- Although the new GTL concept was also the engine question in a tight spot: the GTschlachten the future now but because of ement already 2016 comes into force, can 911 hit the center of internal six-cylinder meets in discussions with Porsche for late applications and due be of different Entsches, although the penalty with his small-volume GTRennsport usually increased to back-heavy model cycle until 2017 has to be seen large-scale th driving concept in GTsport sucker and in the future with an effort to respond to the Central For new 911 RSR. The change ad turbo engines. high-torque front mid-engine competitors and motor technology to the new RSR (GT3) was now to exist. For this reason, the Ku were his solution. In the probable indeed faithful to next season, Porsche can indeed ers decided to sow tested-a serious alternatives remain mid-engine car au basis of the 918 Spyder, however, is the direct inject legendary look at you in peace, as the Mezger engine was replaced by a supposedly Enogen and replaced the same design in detail of the engine. Turbo engines from Ford and new This change also explains why the Ferrari (and BMW) played in the GTLM-. Porsche 911 is connected to the two class prove GTFronten parallel move: in the 911 Hertz"

In German:
"ie Spekulationen sind vorüber, die BLEBT DEM ELFER TREU GT PORSCHE Le-Mans-Regle. Debüt des neuen 911 GT3 R um ein GT nach rkssportklasse wurde. auf 2016 verschoben sche-Insider haben jett bestätigt. dass ment (GT LM) und in der Kundensport- durchgefallen: Por Gedankenspiele Auch in der GTLM-Klasse herrscht kategorie GT3. Neben dem Heckmotor- Obwohl das neue GTL konzept stand auch die Motorfrage im Zugzwang: die GTschlachten der Zukunft nun doch denn der ement schon 2016 in Kraft tritt, kann 911 geschlagen Zentrum interner Sechszylinder trifft im Diskussionen, mit der Porsche wegen der verspäteten dungen und aufgrund des anders Entsches werden, obwohl der Elfer mit seinem kleinvolumige GTRennsport meist auf großvolumige ten Antriebskonzept im GTSport Sauger und in Zukunft vermehrt auf hecklastigen Modellzyklus erst 2017 mit ein erkennbar Mühe hat, gegen die Mittel- Für neuen 911 RSR reagieren. Der Wechsel ad Turbotriebwerke. drehmomentstarke Frontmittelmotor-Konkurrenz motor und nik soll beim neuen RSR die (GT3) wurde nun zu bestehen. Aus diesem Grund wurden den Ku Lösung sein. In der wahrscheinliche zwar treu zu nächsten Saison kann sich Porsche ja ers entschieden, dem Sau geprüft-ein ernsthaft Alternativen Mittelmotorauto au Basis des 918 Spyder bleiben, allerdings wird der legendäre direkteinspritzen mal in Ruhe anschauen, wie sich die Mezger-Motor durch ein wurde angeblich enogen und im Detail des Triebwerk gleicher Bauart ersetzt. Turbotriebwerke von Ford und neuen Dieser Wechsel erklärt auch, warum das Ferrari (und BMW) in der GTLM- durchgespielt. Porsche ist mit dem 911 an zwei Klasse bewähren GTFronten parallel unterwegs: in der Hertz 911"
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

I'm surprised at the silence of this
Old 04-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 506 Likes on 256 Posts

Read it twice. Still don't understand what they are saying. Care to give me the gist of it? Please...
Old 04-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

That translation needs to be translated.

So Porsche is going to use Ford turbo engines and make a Hertz 911 rental edition? Did I read that right? Will it be gold and black like the Shelby?
Old 04-26-2015, 11:14 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel like something important is written here but I don't understand it.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:36 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

If there's something important I can't make it out either. Sorry.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:39 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,767 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Old 04-26-2015, 11:55 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

There is an Auto und Sport article that I believe to be the same. If so the Google translation sounded more logical. If I read correctly these are the main points: insiders say a decision has been made to stick with the 911 platform for racing (rather than mid engine). Second the Mezger is being replaced by a direct injected engine based on the RS engine (no mention of the 9a1 that I could see) and third the RSR for GTLM may go turbo in future years but Porsche is behind and will have to watch Ferrari, Ford and BMW run turbos while P remains NA for 2016.

No pride in authorship so please feel free to improve on my interpretation.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:23 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Just in time
There is an Auto und Sport article that I believe to be the same. If so the Google translation sounded more logical. If I read correctly these are the main points: insiders say a decision has been made to stick with the 911 platform for racing (rather than mid engine). Second the Mezger is being replaced by a direct injected engine based on the RS engine (no mention of the 9a1 that I could see) and third the RSR for GTLM may go turbo in future years but Porsche is behind and will have to watch Ferrari, Ford and BMW run turbos while P remains NA for 2016. No pride in authorship so please feel free to improve on my interpretation.
Thanks very much for that. I was hoping someone can give us insight into this. Too bad I don't speak German. Guess it's promising to know that there is talk that they will race this engine.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:27 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Cheers for that Mine German is krap ..............
Old 04-27-2015, 07:30 AM
outline
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The german text in the OP has bunch of extra stuff in there that is not in the pictured article. I don't speak German but I can still see extra characters..

Typing it out as shown in the image gives something like this:

"Die Spekulationen sind vorüber, die Gedankenspiele durchgefallen: Porsche-Insider haben jetzt bestätigt, dass die GT Schlachten der Zukunft nun doch mit der Sportwagen Ikone 911 geschlagen werden, obwohl der Elfer mit seinem hecklastigen antriebskonzept im GT sport erkennbar mühe hat, gegen die mittelmotor und frontmittelmotor konkurrenz zu bestehen. Aus diesem Grund wurden alternativen ernsthaft geprüft - ein Mittelmotorauto auf basis des 918 spyder wurde angeblich erwogen und im detail durchgespielt.

Porsche ist mit dem 911 an zwei GT-fronten parallel unterwegs: in der GT-werkssportklasse nach le-mans-reglement (GT-LM) und in der kundensport Kategorie GT3. Neben dem Heckmotor Konzept stand auch die motorfrage im Zentrum interner Diskussionen, denn der kleinvolumige sechszylinder trifft im gt-rennsport meist auf großvolumige Sauger und in Zukunft vermehrt auf drehmomentstarke turbotriebwerke.

Für den kundensportbereich (GT3) wurde nun entscheiden, dem saugmotor zwar treu zu bleiben, allerdings wird der legendäre mezger-motor durch ein direkteinspritzen des Triebwerk gleicher Bauart ersetzt.

Dieser Wechsel erklärt auch, warum das debüt des neuen 911 GT3 R um ein Jahr auf 2016 verschoben wurde.

Auch in der GT-LM klasse herrscht Zugzwang (chess teminology- google it): obwohl das neue GT-LM Reglement schon 2016 in kraft tritt, kann Porsche wegen der verspäteten Entscheidungen und aufgrund des anders getakteten modellzyklus erst 2017 mit einem neuen 911 RSR reagieren.

Der Wechsel auf biturbotechnik soll ein neuen RSR die wahrscheinliche lösung sein. In der nächsten Saison kann sich Porsche ja erst mal in ruhe anschauen, wie sich die neuen turbotreibwerke von Ford und Ferrari (und BMW) in der GT-LM klasse bewähren."

Which using google translate gives:

The speculation is over, by like mind games: Porsche insiders have now confirmed that the GT battles of the future are now but struck with the iconic sports car 911, even though the penalty with his back-heavy drive concept in GT sport apparent ease, has against the medium motor and front mid-engine competition to exist. For this reason, alternative serious consideration - a mid-engine car allegedly considered on the basis of the 918 spyder and was played out in detail.

Porsche is the 911 on two fronts GT-parallel move: in the GT class factory sport by le-mans-regulations (GT-LM) and in the custom GT3 sports category. In addition to the rear-engine concept, the motor wonder was at the center of internal discussions, because of the small volume six cylinder meets the gt-racing mostly on large-volume suction and increasingly in the future on high-torque turbo engines Advance.

For the customer sport range (GT3) was now decide the naturally aspirated engine, although to be faithful, but the legendary mezger-motor is replaced by a directly inject the engine of the same type.

This change also explains why the debut of the new 911 GT3 R has been postponed by one year to 2016.

Also in the GT class LM prevails Zugzwang (chess teminology- google it): although the new GT-LM Regulations 2016 already comes into force, Porsche, because of the delayed decisions and because of the different clocked model cycle until 2017 react with a new 911 RSR ,

The change to biturbo technology to be the probable solution a new RSR. In the next season, Porsche can even watch only once in silence how innovative the new turbo blowing works of Ford and Ferrari (and BMW) class in the GT-LM.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:57 AM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So they are going to race the 9A1 most likely. If they do, what will all the haters of the 991 GT3 have left to say? I'm worried this forum may become boring. /sarcasm
Old 04-27-2015, 09:22 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

9a1 racing- no way!
Old 04-27-2015, 10:05 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Nothing surprising here really - FIA was always going to switch to FI in the near-term and it makes more sense to develop that on the 9a1.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:07 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by outline
The german text in the OP has bunch of extra stuff in there that is not in the pictured article. I don't speak German but I can still see extra characters.. Typing it out as shown in the image gives something like this: "Die Spekulationen sind vorüber, die Gedankenspiele durchgefallen: Porsche-Insider haben jetzt bestätigt, dass die GT Schlachten der Zukunft nun doch mit der Sportwagen Ikone 911 geschlagen werden, obwohl der Elfer mit seinem hecklastigen antriebskonzept im GT sport erkennbar mühe hat, gegen die mittelmotor und frontmittelmotor konkurrenz zu bestehen. Aus diesem Grund wurden alternativen ernsthaft geprüft - ein Mittelmotorauto auf basis des 918 spyder wurde angeblich erwogen und im detail durchgespielt. Porsche ist mit dem 911 an zwei GT-fronten parallel unterwegs: in der GT-werkssportklasse nach le-mans-reglement (GT-LM) und in der kundensport Kategorie GT3. Neben dem Heckmotor Konzept stand auch die motorfrage im Zentrum interner Diskussionen, denn der kleinvolumige sechszylinder trifft im gt-rennsport meist auf großvolumige Sauger und in Zukunft vermehrt auf drehmomentstarke turbotriebwerke. Für den kundensportbereich (GT3) wurde nun entscheiden, dem saugmotor zwar treu zu bleiben, allerdings wird der legendäre mezger-motor durch ein direkteinspritzen des Triebwerk gleicher Bauart ersetzt. Dieser Wechsel erklärt auch, warum das debüt des neuen 911 GT3 R um ein Jahr auf 2016 verschoben wurde. Auch in der GT-LM klasse herrscht Zugzwang (chess teminology- google it): obwohl das neue GT-LM Reglement schon 2016 in kraft tritt, kann Porsche wegen der verspäteten Entscheidungen und aufgrund des anders getakteten modellzyklus erst 2017 mit einem neuen 911 RSR reagieren. Der Wechsel auf biturbotechnik soll ein neuen RSR die wahrscheinliche lösung sein. In der nächsten Saison kann sich Porsche ja erst mal in ruhe anschauen, wie sich die neuen turbotreibwerke von Ford und Ferrari (und BMW) in der GT-LM klasse bewähren." Which using google translate gives: The speculation is over, by like mind games: Porsche insiders have now confirmed that the GT battles of the future are now but struck with the iconic sports car 911, even though the penalty with his back-heavy drive concept in GT sport apparent ease, has against the medium motor and front mid-engine competition to exist. For this reason, alternative serious consideration - a mid-engine car allegedly considered on the basis of the 918 spyder and was played out in detail. Porsche is the 911 on two fronts GT-parallel move: in the GT class factory sport by le-mans-regulations (GT-LM) and in the custom GT3 sports category. In addition to the rear-engine concept, the motor wonder was at the center of internal discussions, because of the small volume six cylinder meets the gt-racing mostly on large-volume suction and increasingly in the future on high-torque turbo engines Advance. For the customer sport range (GT3) was now decide the naturally aspirated engine, although to be faithful, but the legendary mezger-motor is replaced by a directly inject the engine of the same type. This change also explains why the debut of the new 911 GT3 R has been postponed by one year to 2016. Also in the GT class LM prevails Zugzwang (chess teminology- google it): although the new GT-LM Regulations 2016 already comes into force, Porsche, because of the delayed decisions and because of the different clocked model cycle until 2017 react with a new 911 RSR , The change to biturbo technology to be the probable solution a new RSR. In the next season, Porsche can even watch only once in silence how innovative the new turbo blowing works of Ford and Ferrari (and BMW) class in the GT-LM.
Thank you very much for that outline, outline, I believe it's a great outline that outlines the fact that there is progression with the 9A1 and I hope Porsche won't fall out(a)line.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3 R DFI & RSR Turbo (Article)