Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypothetical Max Pain Price (MSRP) for the RS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:15 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
I can see the RS serving as an all around dd, track, and weekend fun car.....
I don't know about that...guess we'll have to wait and see what people say once it arrives.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:40 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
GT4 is pretty tough to pass up if you bring up the value argument. Stock standard it's 10 seconds slower around the ring and 0.5 seconds slower around Hockenheim in the latest supertest. $45,800 to the GT3 for 10 seconds and 0.5 seconds. $45,500 for the GT3 to GT3 RS which I suspect will get you around 8 seconds and 0.3 to 0.5 seconds, but only time will tell. GT4 tough to beat for the money...
Spyder/Cayman's are a completely different tier in quality, etc. I had a Boxster Spyder and the quality was nothing compared to 911... sold it after a couple months. Until they put the same attention to those models as the 911; I would never consider one again. I think if you don't have GT3 and can't get one w/LWB at MSRP and if you can get an RS allocation at MSRP, then by all means, it's an epic car. I've owned several RS' and in the past would not consider a GT3 over an RS. In this case, since there is massive inflation in the prices, I don't see the value in the RS anymore ($50-75k over??). I have seen this cycle before. I bought a '07 RS over MSRP (pre-2008 mkt crash) when they first came out.. same hype and limited availability. I put about 6k miles on it and in 2009 sold it at best price I could muster of $100k (moved up to cup). I am hoping the market takes a dump, flushing out all the new $$ and bringing prices back to normal, which will be a great time to pick up any of these cars, especially the cups.

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 04-25-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:12 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
Spyder/Cayman's are a completely different tier in quality, etc. I had a Boxster Spyder and the quality was nothing compared to 911... sold it after a couple months. Until they put the same attention to those models as the 911; I would never consider one again. I think if you don't have GT3 and can't get one w/LWB at MSRP and if you can get an RS allocation at MSRP, then by all means, it's an epic car. I've owned several RS' and in the past would not consider a GT3 over an RS. In this case, since there is massive inflation in the prices, I don't see the value in the RS anymore ($50-75k over??). I have seen this cycle before. I bought a '07 RS over MSRP (pre-2008 mkt crash) when they first came out.. same hype and limited availability. I put about 6k miles on it and in 2009 sold it at best price I could muster of $100k (moved up to cup). I am hoping the market takes a dump, flushing out all the new $$ and bringing prices back to normal, which will be a great time to pick up any of these cars, especially the cups.
I don't like the stock 981 offers to date, hated the Cayman S on the track, but have a 3.8L Cayman with rebuild suspension that is a great car. I'm assuming the GT4 will be closer to this and at MSRP it's pretty tough to pass up from a value perspective. I have a 3 with LWBs and it's a great car, but I've emotionally moved on to the RS now.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:14 PM
Superman32
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends how many they will make. The less they make the higher price I will pay. The more they make the lower price I will pay. If they make more than 3000 I think it should worse 20k less. If the make 600 I think it worse 40-50k more than current msrp.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:32 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
I don't know about that...guess we'll have to wait and see what people say once it arrives.
Although frowned upon I would order the 18 way seats.....I dd the GT3 with the Sharkwerks so can't see it being that much louder....a little stiffness doesn't both me much either....can't see it being a bad choice and rear visibility will actually probably be better.....sign me up!!!

Quick Reply: Hypothetical Max Pain Price (MSRP) for the RS?