Sponsored by:

2016 991 GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 04:18 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
I didn't say anyone confirmed a 991.2 GT2 RS, specifically, will hit. But, AP did confirm that they're working on a GT2 / GT2 RS to end the 991 generation.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...he-911-gt-cars
Old 04-15-2015, 05:12 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

Yeah, maybe. They did say, a few times, that they've got limited production capacity (Porsche Motorsports is a small-ish team), that they have to wind down GT3 production to make room for GT3 RS (and now GT4) production. Whether or not that's to be believed is a different story.

Considering there are more deposits, along with deposits turned away when wait lists got too long, than they could possibly produce enough GT3 RS's for (right now), I don't think this is a problem.

Never gonna happen. It's almost a given that there will be a 991.2 GT3 and 991.2 GT3 RS, and a 992 GT3 and 992 GT3 RS. At least, if you believe what Andreas Preuninger has been saying in the media this year (multiple times). The GT2 / GT2 RS is actually an after thought -- he was quoted (in Geneva?) saying that they're looking into it after enough customers have asked for one, and then he later said that it's a strong possibility to come towards the end of the 991 generation (ending the 991.2 run).

The GT2 has never sold in the way the GT3 has. I doubt that'll change with the 991 generation. PAG knows this. They will never only put out a GT2.

They've also gone on the record multiple times, and different folks (not just AP), to say that the GT3 will remain N/A for a while (I'm assuming at least through the end of the 992 generation).

They've also gone on the record multiple times, and different folks (not just AP), to say that the GT3 will remain N/A for a while

Yes in facts they extended 991.1 GT3 production to meet what they said and keep it NA
Old 04-15-2015, 05:16 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz

They've also gone on the record multiple times, and different folks (not just AP), to say that the GT3 will remain N/A for a while

Yes in facts they extended 991.1 GT3 production to meet what they said and keep it NA
Haha.

I'll rephrase: They went on the record to say that GT3 cars will remain NA for a while.

I realize we all have our interpretations of interview quotes, since we weren't there to ask clarifying questions, but I interpret that to mean that in the spirit of the GT3, future GT3 variants will remain NA as long as they make sense and/or can remain so.

Also, from the same article:

“GT3s are normally aspirated - period,” said Preuninger. When asked how he’d managed to except his cars from the new general rule of turbo 911s, he said: “When everyone goes in one direction, I like to go in the other direction.”
Old 04-15-2015, 05:18 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts
Wink

Yeah, maybe. They did say, a few times, that they've got limited production capacity (Porsche Motorsports is a small-ish team), that they have to wind down GT3 production to make room for GT3 RS (and now GT4) production. Whether or not that's to be believed is a different story.

Considering there are more deposits, along with deposits turned away when wait lists got too long, than they could possibly produce enough GT3 RS's for (right now), I don't think this is a problem.

Never gonna happen. It's almost a given that there will be a 991.2 GT3 and 991.2 GT3 RS, and a 992 GT3 and 992 GT3 RS. At least, if you believe what Andreas Preuninger has been saying in the media this year (multiple times). The GT2 / GT2 RS is actually an after thought -- he was quoted (in Geneva?) saying that they're looking into it after enough customers have asked for one, and then he later said that it's a strong possibility to come towards the end of the 991 generation (ending the 991.2 run).

The GT2 has never sold in the way the GT3 has. I doubt that'll change with the 991 generation. PAG knows this. They will never only put out a GT2.

They've also gone on the record multiple times, and different folks (not just AP), to say that the GT3 will remain N/A for a while (I'm assuming at least through the end of the 992 generation).
Haha.

I'll rephrase: They went on the record to say that GT3 cars will remain NA for a while.

I realize we all have our interpretations of interview quotes, since we weren't there to ask clarifying questions, but I interpret that to mean that in the spirit of the GT3, future GT3 variants will remain NA as long as they make sense and/or can remain so.

+1 just kidding
Old 04-15-2015, 05:19 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Old 04-15-2015, 05:21 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Haha.

So how long is a while? A year? 10 years? Here in likes the fact that his comment was of zero value. It's a throw away constructed by the marketing department. It's not his call, at one point Porsche will get told to be a good German citizen and stop making N/A cars. I expect that point to be in a while

The EU directives etc don't matter, but political desire and political power to be green in Germany is huge.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:25 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NateOZ
So how long is a while? A year? 10 years? Here in likes the fact that his comment was of zero value. It's a throw away constructed by the marketing department. It's not his call, at one point Porsche will get told to be a good German citizen and stop making N/A cars. I expect that point to be in a while

The EU directives etc don't matter, but political desire and political power to be green in Germany is huge.
Agreed, on all points.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Leonardo629
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay gents, if allocations for 2016 are indeed not a pipe dream, who should I go with in So. Cal? I have to have this N/A belle.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:30 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Leonardo629
Okay gents, if allocations for 2016 are indeed not a pipe dream, who should I go with in So. Cal? I have to have this N/A belle.
In SoCal? Rennlist sponsor Walter's Porsche. Scott McCloud is on here representing them.

Major for Scott. Die hard enthusiast.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Leonardo629
AutoX

thanks for the tip!
Old 04-15-2015, 05:54 PM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Jon Arena at Circle Porsche is also a great resource. Now back to PTS. Now I have to agonize over which PTS to get...Signal Yellow, Mexico Blue, or Viper Green! This torture is such pleasure!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 06:01 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Just FYI, there's a big IF here... If this is legit or just an error in the internal configurator.

Also, PTS window is not open yet (if it actually will be) for the 2016 GT3. (And, again, if there really will be a 2016 GT3.)
Old 04-15-2015, 06:44 PM
Leonardo629
AutoX

Help a rookie out, I know PTS stands for paint to sample, but what does it really mean?

If I want regular white/Carrera white, is that still PTS?

You guys all got to spec'ed out your GT3s correct?

Sorry, coming from a M3 I feel like a child and not worthy~
Old 04-15-2015, 06:44 PM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Tongue is squarely in cheek. As much as I pined for PTS, I love my yellow GT3 to death. Not worth the hassle of changing up now. But wouldn't a signal yellow GT3 be ot of this world?
Old 04-15-2015, 07:00 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
Hello Guys,

I just noticed today that the internal PCNA configurator has a 2016 GT3 now on it.....which was not there last week? Please email me if you want to possibly get in line for a 2016 GT3. Again I have no knowledge if this is just a mistake or if Porsche is perhaps building some 2016 models now? Thanks fella's!
I am taking allocation deposits for those who will line up to kick the OP in the nuts if this is a hoax!

Quick Reply: 2016 991 GT3?