Sponsored by:

Peru Red GT3 (New) available @ MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Sloopy
It takes a big set to drive a RED GT3!!!
I don't like to brag.... haha
Old 03-26-2015, 10:51 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Not seeing a big difference from GR- I'm sure it is side by side but it's really just a darker shade of red with more black or brown in it to me. It's like the color is "almost" PTS, but not different enough to merit any attention.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:53 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
And will be for a long time at that price.
It's not like they are asking over. That's MSRP. It's just loaded.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:56 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Probably belongs to someone on here and they just aren't saying.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:30 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
It's not like they are asking over. That's MSRP. It's just loaded.
+1

Also, to echo what folks have been saying here... Vinny is a good guy. Purchased cars from him in the past.

$7k is low to average for a full wrap. I hope they used Premier or one of the other top providers in the Fremont area. When Premier did my C63 Black Series, a slightly larger surface area car, it was a few K higher than that.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:03 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Considering the amount of money spent on Porsche's new "State Of The Art" Painting facility, they sure are having a lot of paint issues since moving painting into their new upgraded paint facility...

It's possible that it's the actual paints that are the problem and not the equipment, but either way, how is that stuff allowed out of the factory and get past the inspectors and onto the shipping boats?
Old 03-27-2015, 09:11 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Considering the amount of money spent on Porsche's new "State Of The Art" Painting facility, they sure are having a lot of paint issues since moving painting into their new upgraded paint facility...

It's possible that it's the actual paints that are the problem and not the equipment, but either way, how is that stuff allowed out of the factory and get past the inspectors and onto the shipping boats?

Because these inspectors see thousands of cars and to them it's just another car, it's called day dreaming (they're only human). Once they get a lot of complaints, then and only then will they start focusing on their job again.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default re: Paint Issues

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
I believe the customer backed out because the wing needed a repaint from the factory (just the wing, I believe).
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911

See below.

Originally Posted by bronson7
Because these inspectors see thousands of cars and to them it's just another car, it's called day dreaming (they're only human). Once they get a lot of complaints, then and only then will they start focusing on their job again.
This is not it!

Paint Issues:

I don't think we know yet from a reliable source about the specific paint issue with the rear wing of this particular PTS 'Peru Red' gt3. But in the pages of this forum, we have seen reported issues with the paint on some of these gt3s, both in standard colors and PTS. Some have had to do with front bumpers not matching 100%, which might be a outsourced vendor issue since these might be painted separately from the rest of the chassis (which is done in Zuffenhausen) & is arriving 'just in time' & 'just in sequence' directly from the vendor at the assembly line.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...or-is-off.html

One of the most common complaints has been damage caused by the application of the protective shipping 'vinyl' on what appears to be uncured final 'clear coat'. This has been reported by quite a number of clients and dealers personally to me. The last reported case that I heard about was found on the a customer's gt3's roof after the shipping vinyl wrap was removed after this vehicle arrived at the dealer and was being prepped for delivery! It happened to be a PTS gt3, but we have seen this same thing happen to gt3s in standard colors too!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...roof-also.html

The fact that these paint issues are persisting to the present, after many of these cases were widely reported last Fall and PCNA was made aware of it, is indeed troubling. I have instructed my dealer, which will be receiving my PTS gt3 in early May, to thoroughly document the condition of the paint upon delivery and prior to any prepping. Because it's PTS, the last thing I need is for a panel or trim piece to have to be redone stateside and have the possibility of a mismatch. But we will see. Wish me luck.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Still in Marin County
Old 03-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Carmine red is the way to go - Peru red does nothing for me
Old 03-27-2015, 01:44 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Carmine red is the way to go - Peru red does nothing for me
Yea, it really is an unattractive color in real life. Maybe for an SUV where you're going for the rugged look?.. But it's just so clay brown that it makes no sense on a sports car.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:14 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Yea, it really is an unattractive color in real life. Maybe for an SUV where you're going for the rugged look?.. But it's just so clay brown that it makes no sense on a sports car.
If your a coke dealer, Peruvian red is the way to go...ie: Peruvian Flake...
Old 03-28-2015, 03:32 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a text from a friend just now. He called to buy Peru about 5 min ago. Someone there now buying it......at least that's what the SA said. So it may have a new home.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:20 AM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe it's the lighting, but if I were to buy red, it would be Carmine, not the pukey red of this one.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:12 AM
MoeGt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a color I would wanna spend any kind of money on
Old 03-30-2015, 09:06 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Btw, I do believe the Peru Red GT3 has sold this past weekend.

To a Rennlister, I wonder?

Quick Reply: Peru Red GT3 (New) available @ MSRP