Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 02:55 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918
Eduardo - actually I didn't order LWB since I was planning to daily drive it. so the car doesn't have LWB (as the pictures I have posted previously also indicate)
Ok...thanks for correcting that!

Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
Eduardo, the ARM car listed at Beverly Hills actually had the LWB & PCCB's on their build. I was offered this car multiple times before it arrived, but refused to pay the BH's $20k premium.
Thanks for that build info sheet, Newtown. There is no conflict here. Anonymous918 is not the owner of the 'Arena Red Metallic'. The actual owner of the 'ARM' thought we might be interested in knowing of the three special options on his build - that was all. We had already discussed one - the 'Kills bugs fast.' illuminated sill - in an earlier thread on this forum, which is why I knew this was the 'Beverly Hills' car.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 08-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With the LWB's and PCCB's on that ARM it would push the price to $170k. If there's a mark-up on top of that, that would be a pretty expensive GT3!!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:30 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Great information Eduardo......You should receive an award for your writing. I now see how my MY 2016 TARGA GTS order means nothing to PAG and PCNA in the overall grand big picture in how it was handled. Keep up the good work..I enjoy reading everything.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:59 AM
biglare
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New ARM for me!

I have been looking for a special GT3 and went with one of the coveted 30 special PTS models. I looked for a Fashion Grey, but could not find one without paying several thousand over sticker. I contacted Porsche Exchange who had one of the Area Red new GT3's and as luck would have it I was able to get it! It arrived today to Alekshop and I'll see it for the first time tomorrow morning. This particular model also has the special illuminated door sills that state, "Kills bugs fast". It doesn't have the bucket seats, but that is OK with me.

Here are a couple of quick photos that he took for me. I'll take more of course once I'm there tomorrow.

Thank you Eduardo and other Rennlisters for all your help to date. I have learned a lot in a short amount of time as this is my first Porsche. After 7 BMW ///M cars it is time for me to move on. I was able to find a new owner for my Fashion Grey M3 as well, so it will be in good hands.

Enjoy the photos for now!
Attached Images         
Old 08-28-2015, 02:21 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats Lare! Gorgeous car! Welcome to the GT3 club!!!
Old 08-28-2015, 02:29 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the ARM club. Way to go not paying over MSRP as they were asking way over sticker.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:09 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Big guy, you'll enjoy it and wonder why you didn't move to the Pcar world earlier.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Bokke
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats!

I enjoyed visiting with you at the Legends of the Autobahn a couple of weeks back!

Last edited by Bokke; 08-28-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:32 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations on the arrival!! What's Alex going to do to the car for you? Roll cage?
Make sure you bring her out to the Blackhawk cars and coffee a week this Sunday. I'd like to see an ARM in the flesh.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:59 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Wow - that arena red GT3 is absolutely stunning. My 993TT is in that color, love it!

Drive in good health!
Old 08-31-2015, 01:28 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by biglare
I have been looking for a special GT3 and went with one of the coveted 30 special PTS models. I looked for a Fashion Grey, but could not find one without paying several thousand over sticker. I contacted Porsche Exchange who had one of the Area Red new GT3's and as luck would have it I was able to get it! It arrived today to Alekshop and I'll see it for the first time tomorrow morning. This particular model also has the special illuminated door sills that state, "Kills bugs fast". It doesn't have the bucket seats, but that is OK with me.
Congratulations! We should meet up at Rennsport reunion to show off our ARM GT3s! But get to know the car first and break in the car before making mods, if I were you, because I think the car is fantastic the way it is from the factory.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:17 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

This particular model also has the special illuminated door sills that state, "Kills bugs fast". It doesn't have the bucket seats,
but that is OK with me.
Second 'ARM' with this option. Interesting! Here is where that all started...

Thank you Eduardo and other Rennlisters for all your help to date. I have learned a lot in a short amount of time as this is my first Porsche.
Glad you were assisted by what all of us contributed to this very successful thread, which put into Rennlister's hands a good many of these
special PTS gt3s! That is quite a feat that we should all be proud of. For it's not everyday a web forum can directly assist its readers by a
breaking-news story on the existence of these PTS gt3 vehicles and also identify their exact locations in the dealer network. That combination
made possible the fact that quite a number of Rennlisters were able to purchase one of these 30 PTS gt3s. So we all benefitted from the efforts
of so many that posted vital information re: this topic on this thread!

Congratulations with your purchase and enjoy it in good health.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 08-31-2015, 03:52 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Very nice, congrats! Delivered right to Alekshop, eh?? Doing some work on it already?

Here are a couple of quick photos that he took for me. I'll take more of course once I'm there tomorrow.

Thank you Eduardo and other Rennlisters for all your help to date. I have learned a lot in a short amount of time as this is my first Porsche. After 7 BMW ///M cars it is time for me to move on. I was able to find a new owner for my Fashion Grey M3 as well, so it will be in good hands.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:35 AM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

biglare,

Thank you for the great photo's of your GT3 delivery and thank you for your business we certainly appreciate it. If we can help you with any future moves please let us know.
1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com

'69 MBZ 6.3
'16 Cayenne
'32 Ford highboy, Cadillac powered
Old 09-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default I have my Audi R8 Spyder V8 Manual with 6566 miles for sale!

Just in case anyone here might be interested, it is posted over in both Classifieds and Member-to-Member. Priced right too!

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...566-miles.html

Originally Posted by Z356
For Sale: 2011 Audi R8 Spyder / Manual / V8 / Only 6566 Miles!

Former 'Teamspeed Member Car Of The Month' - click on link just below!

http://teamspeed.com/forums/teamspee...ne-2013-a.html

Lava Grey Pearl Metallic

'Amulet Red' Leather Interior

MY2011 Audi R8 Spyder

v8 / Manual Transmission

Illuminated door sills

Navigation with AMI

Heated Seats

R8 carpet floor mats & R8 'winter' rubber fitted mats

Original MSRP $136,000

I have added the following to it:

Amulet Red Leather Interior
R8 gt Alcantara Steering wheel with deviated red stitching
R8 gt Alcantara knee pad with deviating red stitching
R8 V10 shifter cap with red circle
New 'R8' badge (with red enamel) on rear

Purchased from Mercedes of Annapolis 1/08/2013 with 3847 miles,
after original owner traded it in on a MB. Currently 6566 miles, so
I have put only 2719 miles during my ownership.

In Service Date - 9/29/2011 . No accidents, no mechanical or paint issues.

Audi Care - Maintenance Program. I purchased 'Audi Care' in 2013
which covers the first 4 maintenance be it 4 years or 45 thousand miles.

Full Service History available.

First time advertised for sale. Priced to sell this week at US$94000.
I have around $120,000 invested in the vehicle as it sits. Need room
in my small Carmel garage for my new 'Signal Green' 991 gt3!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Email {venegas356@gmail.com}

Attached Images   

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!