Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Old 03-22-2015, 07:37 PM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle: Eduardo's Signal Green PTS has a standard interior like my stripper ... no extra heavy leather on that baby. Hmmm. We are the rare, the few, the leatherless.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:48 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fascinating story Ed. You so deserve the SG unicorn you found in Ohio. I am looking forward to hearing more of this story. I am also really wondering what type of meetings were conducted to elicit such nice presents from PAG.

Say, since you are so darn good at finding Porsche unicorns maybe you can help with the one I am after. Talk soon!
Old 03-22-2015, 07:51 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by neuroguru
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle: Eduardo's Signal Green PTS has a standard interior like my stripper ... no extra heavy leather on that baby. Hmmm. We are the rare, the few, the leatherless.
I am leatherless as well :thumbs up:
Old 03-22-2015, 07:53 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

Eduardo, you may want to edit post #44 as it contains customers personal info.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:57 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Eduardo, I'm late to your party so I just now read the fabulous story of your new Signal Green 2015 GT3!! I could not be more pleased for you. Sometimes things just have a way of working out and clearly this was meant to be. Congratulations!
Old 03-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default What dealers are these PTS gt3s located in the United States?

Chapter 5 - Here is where we have been able to identify the location where these PTS gt3's are allocated:

Here is where we have been able to identify the dealers where these PTS gt3s were allocated to in the United States:

'Signal Green'
Confirmed
1) McKenna (Status Unknown. Was initially available at $20K over MSRP...but it might be higher now!)
2) Beverly Hills (Sold at markup over MSRP)
3) Stevinson (Sold)
4) P of Beachwood (Sold at MSRP to Rennlister)
5) P of Bellevue (Sold)
6) P of San Diego (Sold as MSRP to Rennlister)

Reported but not yet confirmed
7) Ellis Atlanta
8) Porsche of the Main Line
9) First report today (3/22) but not yet a liberty to reveal since the Rennlister that informed me is trying to negotiate the purchase.
10) ?
11) Assigned to a North Carolina customer that is part owner of a Porsche sales & restoration shop. (Sold at MSRP). I personally think this is an extra PTS 'Signal Green' gt3 in addition to the 10 originally allocated to US dealers in the reward program. Need that confirm since it's only speculation on my part.

'Arena Red Metallic'
Confirmed
1) Porsche of Tacoma (WA) Available. (Asking $10K over MSRP)
2) Porsche of Omaha - (Available as of Sat. March 21st! Sold to Rennlister who then backed out due to lack of LWB)
3) Porsche of Conshohoken - (Sold at MSRP to Rennlister).
4) Porsche Exchange - (Available as of two days ago. Were asking MSRP)
5) Porsche of Beverly Hills (Available as of a few days ago).
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?
9) ?
10) ?

'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'
Confirmed
1) Champion Florida. (Available. Asking $178,000 or $20K over MSRP)
2) Rusnak Pasadena (Available. Asking $198,000 or $40K over MSRP). Rusnak claims it is 'Mexico Blue' and not 'Modegrau'...we are not so sure!
3) ?
4) ?
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?
8) ?
10) ?
11) Assigned to customer known as 'Anonymous918' & who has two 918's on order! He is the only PTS gt3 in this group whose specs were totally modified from original. He is getting LWB, PCCB, etc. Along with the North Carolina buyer, I believe this PTS 'Modegrau' is an extra build and does not count against the original 10 'Modegrau' that PAG/PCNA originally thought to allocated to the US dealers on the reward program. But I don't have confirmation of that at the present time and is only speculation.

The Bizarre Story of the 'Mexico Blue' gt3 at Rusnak Pasadena

Although we initially thought the reported 'Mexico Blue' gt3 allocated to Rusnak Pasadena was for not part of this batch of PTS gt3's since it was done in 'Mexico Blue', we have since concluded this gt3 at least started out as a 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' award cars. The PCNA computers list this gt3 at 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' and NOT 'Mexico Blue'. I'll provide more information on this at a future post. And as you will be able to verify yourself, it has the same exact specs as one of the other 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' gt3. So either Rusnak was able to convince Porsche to switch its color from 'Fashion Grey' to 'Mexico Blue' (which I find doubtful), or Rusnak is simply not telling the truth as to the color of the gt3 they will receive in May. We report. You decide.

Here is a copy of recent email received by someone in our group re: Rusnak PTS so-called 'Mexico Blue' gt3 :

Now examine the specifications for the 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' at Champion in Florida. And those specifications match the original specs reported to us by 'Anonymous918' on his allocated 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'.

So who are you going to believe?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-22-2015, 08:08 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Eduardo
Thank you so much for your contributions to this forum and congratulations on the viper green GT3. It is certainly well deserved.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:26 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Eduardo,
Congratulations on your new green baby!!!

Thank you for all the effort you spent researching this and then taking the time to so carefully retell all the details of the story to us. It is a fascinating turn of events, and I hope more of us on here will follow your lead and find themselves a wonderful PTS car.

I enjoyed the read so far, and look forward to the rest. Especially any info on how the colours or builds were decided. I can completely understand Signal green, but it seems to me that Arena red and especially Fashion grey would have been less obvious choices. Perhaps, for instance, they thought there were enough blues out there already, even though these are such popular colours? And why weren't, say, 3 cars each produced in 10 different colours? Testing shouldn't have been an issue, and I'm sure there would be enough PTS colours approved and built on GT3s to provide a broader spectrum of proven colours.

Once again, thank you so much for all your interesting insights!
Old 03-22-2015, 08:30 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

It's just downright sad some of these dealers are taking advantage of a situation and adding a market adjustment.....
Old 03-22-2015, 08:33 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I wanted was a Fashion Grey GT3 and now I see they produced some even though I was denied a year ago before the stop sale and denied again after the stop sale. It's so frustrating dealing with this from PAG. Why even offer a service at a premium price and then deny folks. It really makes me want to sell my car and go back to Ferrari just so I can get a color I want and not deal with this BS. At least Ferrari will gladly take my money.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by WSH
Eduardo, you may want to edit post #44 as it contains customers personal info.
Thanks WSH. The weird thing is that I was NOT expecting to find anything on top under 'Customer' because Champion claims the gt3 is AVAILABLE at $20K over MSRP. And they are not very careful with their customers' personal information since it was Champion who sent the build sheet to one of us with the gentleman's address in place! The customer in question either backed out of the deal...or he is part of the deal and we just don't know how much he stands to gain in partnership with Champion!

But thanks for bringing it to my attention right away so that we could correct that!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-22-2015, 09:03 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Originally Posted by RossL
All I wanted was a Fashion Grey GT3 and now I see they produced some even though I was denied a year ago before the stop sale and denied again after the stop sale. It's so frustrating dealing with this from PAG. Why even offer a service at a premium price and then deny folks. It really makes me want to sell my car and go back to Ferrari just so I can get a color I want and not deal with this BS. At least Ferrari will gladly take my money.
That's for sure....Ferrari will paint ever panel a different color if you want....the business model is a little different though
Old 03-22-2015, 09:13 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RossL
I feel so badly for you and others in your situation. I'm sorry that you've been jerked around so much. Given the chance, would you now buy one of the 10 fashion grey cars? Perhaps Eduardo, or others, can help you find one.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:14 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default What is the build status for these PTS gt3s at this stage of the game?

Chapter 6 - I believe all are V-250 and above as of this date. Set in stone 'unchangeable'. Some are being build as we speak. The paperwork provided by PCNA to some dealers seem to suggest that these late PTS gt3 allocations were handed out sometime in late January to the dealers that were eligible to receive them. I believe that the specs were meant to be unchangeable from the very start. In fact, my paperwork says that the build status was blocked by PAG and unchangeable, even under V-215 status. I don't think they wanted to allow anyone (dealer or customer) to start changing them, thus creating advantages for one particular spec vs another of the same color. Or mess up PAG plan to get rid of excess supply of one particular base part or option. From analyzing the specs, it seems that in particular PAG wanted to 'move out' some 4-way Sport Plus base seats! That is perhaps (only speculation on my part) why 4-ways Sport Plus seats were part of every spec from day one on these 30 or so gt3s!

But in the end, as often the case in any organization, some well connected individuals were able to modified their specs. For example, the 'Signal Green' at Stevinson was upgraded to PCCB brakes by the GM. And I also have a report that the 'Signal Green' at McKenna was able to be upgraded too to PCCB brakes by that dealer. Anonymous918 was able to change anything he wanted...and got LWB and anything else he wanted!

Other than the two that will apparently be air-freighted to the US from Stuttgart (Anonymous918 and North Carolina buyer), all of these PTS gt3's in 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' and 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau' are expected to arrive at their designated dealers in May. I may be off-base here, but I believe that any PTS gt3 given as a favor to an individual - e.g. North Carolina man or 'Anonymous918' - as opposed to a dealer will be forced to pay for air freight from Stuttgart to an airport in the US, then subsequently truck to their local dealer for delivery. That was the price of getting their personal allocation from a project meant to reward a limited number of dealers, not individual customers like NC man or Anonymous918!

The buyer of the 'Signal Green' gt3 at P of San Diego has arranged to do European Delivery for it. So that one will arrive in the US last.

Finally, I had two sources - a seemingly knowledgeable customer from NC and a GM of a Porsche dealership I know quite well - confirm to me that 10 gt3s in each of these three colors were going to be built and allocated to dealers in the US. But a third source - himself also a GM of one of the dealerships that is receiving on of the PTS gt3s, thought no more than 'half a dozen' cars would be built in each of those three odd colors - 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' and 'Fashion Grey/Modegrau'. I am hoping that tomorrow Matthew Henry of 'Porsche Exclusive' will be able to confirm the exact number when I talk to him. Will let all of you know.

I hope that other Rennlisters that participated in this 'study' program with me - Montoya, Sportscentury, Mr. Sullivan, NateOZ, Nine1won, DesmoRR, Mooty, Jimmy-D and others - add their comments to what has already been written on this thread. I saw that djcxxx & jon70 already said a few words. And a special thanks for Mr. G. It was a team effort and I appreciate all the help received from these other Rennlisters!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-22-2015, 09:21 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by <3mph
I feel so badly for you and others in your situation. I'm sorry that you've been jerked around so much. Given the chance, would you now buy one of the 10 fashion grey cars? Perhaps Eduardo, or others, can help you find one.
Good question and yes I would if it has LWB and is reasonably optioned. It's the car I planned to get 2 years ago when I put down a deposit and it would be fantastic to actually get

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!