Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Old 03-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'Club Blau' vs 'Voodo Blue'

Originally Posted by ****
What's the difference between the pca "club blau" and voodoo blue?
One is a Toyota hue and the other is an exclusive PTS color for a Limited Edition 991 model! Is that the short answer you wanted?

Two completely different colors. 'Club Blau' starting base is the vintage historic 'Acid Blue' of the 1974, adjusted by two shades to create a unique formulation. Its darker, has a slight purple tint and it's stunning:

'Voodoo Blue' is a very rich blue color that has not historic significance in Porsche history. It's bright and very much a 'blue'. Nice enough color. Some people love it...particularly in Aichi, Japan!

And there are some fans at Porsche circles too!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Presently in Marin County
Old 03-26-2015, 01:27 PM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

so, club blau is darker? Eduardo, can you take a look at this pic? supposedly the light blue 918 is voodoo. can you tell me if that is true?

thanks

Old 03-26-2015, 03:48 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by D-WISH
How did the PTS Peru Red car get bucket seats? I thought the PTS cutoff prevented the inclusion of buckets.
Not necessarily. I have both. Pts was a hold over from 2014 build, as opposed to any later pts window for 2015s. Lwb were added to my build when the bucket window opened. I was able to keep my pts approval from earlier when the bucket window opened and my (second) freeze date for 2015 hit because I was a customer from 2014 affected by the stop sale. Delays caused me to slide down into the bucket window for my reallocated 2015. So there may be a few cars with both probably for these sorts of reasons.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:03 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Gracias a todos!

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Eduardo, I'm late to your party so I just now read the fabulous story of your new Signal Green 2015 GT3!! I could not be more pleased for you. Sometimes things just have a way of working out and clearly this was meant to be. Congratulations!
Thanks Mike!

Originally Posted by Jon70
Eduardo
Thank you so much for your contributions to this forum and congratulations on the viper green GT3. It is certainly well deserved.
Thank you Jonathan!

Originally Posted by jfr0317
LOL, Eduardo! Love your "America" lyrics reference!

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
Congrats, enjoy it. It is supreme justice you will be a repeat owner of a Signal Green PTS Porsche once again. Henry
Yes, the Porsche Gods were looking out for me...and whispered 'Signal Green' into the ears of whomever decided on these three odd colors to do PTS for these last batch of gt3s! Henry, looking forward to seeing photos of your 'Birch Green' Porsche and perhaps visiting you in Vancouver to see it in person!

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Echo chamber here... But this is wonderful justice , so happy for you Eduardo.
Molte grazie, Alessandro!

Originally Posted by mooty
the power of internet is way bigger than chemical or nuclear weapon. in the 21st century wars are won by words. when this blog goes viral.....
Thanks John!

Originally Posted by UAEGT3
Congrats Eduardo, amazing story with a rewarding finale.
Yes!

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
Eduardo congratulations on your PTS 991. I was hoping you were able to score a car at MSRP. Though Mckenna has always treated me well for 20 years I cannot condone, nor would I pay, over MSRP.

We will be in Carmel for the Monterey races all of August and rent a house for the month a stones throw from your beach abode. Hopefully we will connect in August or September for Rennsport. I will keep my eye out for that very special green car!!
Send me a pm when you are in Carmel in August. Hope to meet you then!

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
I'm a little late to congratulate you, Eduardo... But congrats! I'm really happy for you. Will continue following along on this thread.
Thanks, GreenLantern buddy!

Originally Posted by aboodchy
Just spent the last half hour ignoring my calls at work to read this thread congrats!!!
Good for you!

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Congrats Eduardo, if anyone deserves a PTS GT3 it's you. Thanks for the undercover work.
You are welcome!

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I just read this entire thread. First, Eduardo, let me thank you for doing such diligent work on this topic. It's obviously for the love and enthusiasm that you have for the car as well as your willingness to help others. NOBODY deserves to get the PTS car they want more than you do and I'm glad that you are getting it, congrats you truly deserve it and glad you're getting it at MSRP like ALL new cars in my opinion should be. This thread is like a Grisham novel and I can't wait for the next chapter. I don't know what the outcome of your communications with PCNA/PAG will amount to, but I certainly hope they address the over MSRP issue and do it transparently. I have no problem with dealers/PAG/PCNA charging crazy jack for cars that used to fall under the Sunderwunche (Special Wishes) program of many years ago. Those people paid premiums to have a car custom tailored to exactly how they wanted their cars. So to make extra money in those ways to me is fair game. It's the dealers that are charging premiums for cars on their lots or order books (Rusnak 40K over sic) that really upset me. I can't wait to hear your following chapters up to and including the GT3RS PTS situation. Hopefully Porsche realizes (more importantly, even cares), that in today's business climate of the information age, you need to be more transparent in your dealings with your clientele and when dealing with such high dollar amounts, they need to show that their customers are not only appreciated, but walk away with having parted with such a large sum of money and still smiling.

Staying tuned in for the next episode!
Yes, all very true! Thanks for the note!

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Congratulations on securing your PTS car!! I'm sincerely happy for you.
Thanks Jamie!

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Great story Eduardo! Congratulations on the SG and many thanks for the knowlege you bring to the Porsche enthusiast community!
Thank you. Very nice of you to say that.

Originally Posted by WernerE
Eduardo, congrats. You are a PTS Jedi Master, and I hope Porsche is listening and seeks you out for your expertise.
I don't know about that...and I do have a nice couch to sit while I patiently wait for PCNA's call!

Originally Posted by <3mph
Congratulations (these Admin threads are kinda like RL Michelin stars for you)!
Yes, this is my third here on Rennlist. We are on a roll!

Originally Posted by Just in time
Eduardo, felicitationes en haber conseguido uno de los GT3 en Signal Green. Ahora recuerda que estos vehículos vienen con gomas que no son las mejores en el pavimento mojado. Me imagino que aprendisteis una lección con el RS. Así que a conducir con cuidado.

I read your several posts and found them to be quite interesting. Personally I am not offended by PAG opening and closing the PTS window at their convenience. I do not think it is done to affect the market. Probably more a production convenience for them. I am TRULY offended however by dealers trying to exploit customers with so called market adjustments. I would think that many of us would turn down such deals but certainly there will be folks willing to pay up in excess of MSRP. you know the old expression whatever the market will bear, may not be the best in today's markets where imbalances can be corrected with demand/supply from other parts of the country. I guess I would never do business with someone trying to pry my eyes out.

Que disfrutes el vehículo!
Gracias, Just in Time!

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
De acuerdo
Thanks, Jimmy-D!

Originally Posted by montoya
Eduardo, I know I have said this privately to you many times, but again congratulations on the PTS Signal Green Porsche.

I am a bit player in this intriguing story, as Eduardo helped me and a small group of rennlisters search for these PTS cars. Unfortunately we had no success in finding an available Signal Green- we were close though! Several dealers have made sure these cars rec'd first look from their regular customers, and well, if you rec'd the call out of the blue- do you want a PTS Signal Green GT3, what would you do? Yes, its a duh! I do think it is regional: midwest states are more converservative, so it's not surprising (to me at least) that Eduardo found his car in Ohio where the customer base may not be that interested in "bright" colors!

So, we are all curious what Porsche will do next- with the program and with a response to Eduardo's letter. And yes, I'm glad this is a sticky thread since we can look forward to delivery days of each of the 30 cars and congratulate the owners. Someday I hope one of those owners will be me, in no small part to Eduardo's help and passion for these rare cars!
Thanks for your assistance in researching for this story!

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
What a cool thread, just finished reading every post. Thanks and congrats!!
Danke, Sam!

Originally Posted by mqandil
Eduardo, what a fascinating story. Really well done. I could not stop reading. Also congratulations on your new PTS signal green Porsche. I am really happy for you. Mark
Thanks, Mark!

Originally Posted by silverrules
Way to go Eduardo. Very happy for you my friend. Oh, don't forget to change your username to Greenrules
I should!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Still in Marin County
Old 03-27-2015, 02:22 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 9972RS
so, club blau is darker? Eduardo, can you take a look at this pic? supposedly the light blue 918 is voodoo. can you tell me if that is true?

thanks

Well, that photo shows a PTS 'Blue' 918 in what appears to be an American South West desert location. And we know there is a PTS 'Voodoo Blue' 918 for sale in Scottsdale Arizona.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/02/07/o...-sale-on-ebay/

So I would say there is a good chance the 918 in that photo might be 'Voodoo Blue'. Too bad there is not a certain Blue FJ Cruiser in the photo or we could have settled the color question once & for all!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Still in Marin County
Old 03-27-2015, 01:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I've sent in my request to Porsche for PTS.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Racingutoo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Some" of these "30" cars went to V300 yesterday. Eduardo, did you hear/or get your VIN yet?
Old 03-27-2015, 06:32 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Eduardo, is your GT3 Signal green the closest to .1RS green?
Old 03-27-2015, 08:24 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Z356
Well, that photo shows a PTS 'Blue' 918 in what appears to be an American South West desert location. And we know there is a PTS 'Voodoo Blue' 918 for sale in Scottsdale Arizona.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/02/07/o...-sale-on-ebay/

So I would say there is a good chance the 918 in that photo might be 'Voodoo Blue'. Too bad there is not a certain Blue FJ Cruiser in the photo or we could have settled the color question once & for all!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Still in Marin County
That's my picture from the drone we were using that day. It is indeed the Voodoo Blue 918 but the color gets terribly portrayed in that pic
Old 03-27-2015, 09:36 PM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

^ is it a darker blue in the sunlight than what the pic shows?
Old 03-27-2015, 09:38 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ToyGuyAZ
That's my picture from the drone we were using that day. It is indeed the Voodoo Blue 918 but the color gets terribly portrayed in that pic
Here's a fantastic example of what Voodoo Blue looks like: http://www.porscheofnorthhouston.com...hotos/6842502/
Old 03-27-2015, 09:43 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

This is a pretty accurate photo of Voodoo taken inside my office:

Out in the sun pics never show Voodoo correct

Outside in the shade pics show it pretty well too

Old 03-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I've sent in my request to Porsche for PTS.
Let's see what happens next!

Originally Posted by Racingutoo
"Some" of these "30" cars went to V300 yesterday. Eduardo, did you hear/or get your VIN yet?
Didn't know. I will check with my dealer. Thanks.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Eduardo, is your GT3 Signal green the closest to .1RS green?
Not really. 'Signal Green' traditionally has a little bit more yellow tint than 'RS Green' or even 'Viper Green'. Here is a photo I took of my old 'Signal Green' .1 997 (which was color code W25 and not the color code 22S which is what I will be getting on the 991 gt3) next to a .1 997 gt3 RS in 'RS Green'.

I suspect that 'Signal Green' color code 22S will still have more yellow tint than the bluish tint you normally associate with 'RS Green', but not as much as my old color code W25 'Signal Green'!

Here is a recent photo of the 22S 'Signal Green'. Its on a Cayman that just arrived at Walters in Riverside:

And compare it to a photo I took of an .1 997 'RS Green' gt3 RS in Long Beach two weeks ago!

Was the drone armed or not? The reason I ask is because I love the smell of a fired Hellfire missile early in the morning!

Understood.

This is a pretty accurate photo of Voodoo taken inside my office:

Out in the sun pics never show Voodoo correct

Outside in the shade pics show it pretty well too

I am beginning to really like this damn Toyota color!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Back in Carmel
Old 03-27-2015, 10:51 PM
raysmd
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

looks good.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:56 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Eduardo, I really like the 22S Signal Green as shown on the 981 Cayman photo you posted. I think it will look fabulous on your GT3!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!