Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vanuatu Fundraiser - Cyclone PAM - Help Macca help those in need...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 01:31 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Contribution made. Godspeed with rebuilding homes, etc.

Hope to see the island someday, I've been considering a New Zealand holiday for some time, may swing over to your island sometime in the future.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:14 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad to help. Wish everyone the best through this hardship.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:59 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

Macca:
Contribution made. Much as we all share a passion for Porsches, it fades to triviality when something of this magnitude destroys livelihoods, families and neighbourhoods. Very best of luck in the reconstruction.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:20 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

God Bless all your hard work and efforts Macca! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to contribute.
Glad to help. Prayers also coming your way!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:42 PM
GT3Bang
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Mark - My thoughts are with you, your wife and your community.

Best of luck rebuilding your life and community.

Contribution made.

JB
Old 04-03-2015, 07:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Mark, I know circumstances are hard, I lived through a few years on 20+ days of no power. But my house stood and all was well.But it seems somehow it's slowing down.
It's a bit embarrassing that we didn't hit 30k yet.

Hundreds of owners here benefitting of sharing photos, suggestions hints and help..
I know you are sweating and working your *** of, never mind wifey..

Post another thread on the 991GT3 section please to remind all us rich ballers to pitch in.
I'm not the biggest donator I bet but c'mon people, mark is working his *** off and these people are really suffering.....
Old 04-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

PHP Code:
Hi Peter and othersGood ideaI will post a new thread tp get things going 
again. Thanks to RL support we got to the initial 20K target in record time. Have put a stretch target in place 30K and things have indeed slowed down. As soon as i have reliable internet Ill kick start things again. Currently using a limited 3G tethered connection off a friends iPhone. Here are a few pictures from this week. We have now cut footings for two houses using the funds from the fundraiser pus our own contributions to start pouring the footings/foundations yesterday so all is underway. Also yesterday Jo and I donated our time to promedical to do water runs with our truck up into the middle of the island through muddy tracks and into the bush. Quite amazing how folks are surviving up there - most small settlements were flattened but the people are resiliant and still smiling! 1000L delivered plus a whole load of food packs and a few easter sweets for the kids. Very rewarding work :-)

Here are a few pictures including the "911" truck in RS Lava orange regalia - who says 911s cant go bush (have had the lisence plate for almost a decade - funny thing is the local cop liked it and so now also now has the same lisence plate LOL! only in the islands....)...

Thanks you all so much for your support. Joanna is constantly amazed at the generosity of this community and Im very proud to be part of the RL family...
Attached Images      
Old 04-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Here's the boys with their lollypops. Not prone to break out in smiles these little Tanna kids but they appreciated them none the less!
Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2015, 01:53 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Macca, thanks for posting the progress photos. Looks like your fundraising goal of 30k just needs one final push, as you are now at $28,650.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:51 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. Really appreciating your help for us to reach our target.

Ok. Quick update here then I will post a new thread on the weekend in an effort to document everything that has been done to date. My wife Joanna will be updating everyone who has contributed through the fundraiser website "Update" function.

We got our internet back yesterday and power a week ago so things are looking up for us! For many power and internet are still a dream.

We have had a run of good weather here. House No.1 is 5.2 x 9m home for family of 4/5. We cut the footing, made the steel cage, poured the footing then built two block high base (400mm) with steel rod reinforcement and poured the block then backfilled, set mesh and poured a 100mm concrete slab this week. The "pad" is now completed, the timber has been delivered and the wall framing and roof rafters are under construction and should take around 5 more days to complete! We have ordered all we need barring electrical and plumbing. The roofing iron will arrive from New Zealand late next week we are told (and very much hoping it will be delivered the following week for completion of the first house). The second house we are building is ready for the cage to be completed tomorrow. We hope to have a slab completed by the end of next week. The real challenge is paying for and getting the supplies before everyone else takes them. Skilled labour is tough to find too. We have managed to do well so far on all front but there are always surprises along the way! Whilst these projects are underway we are repairing two other houses in teh village and giving advise to a number of others also working with their donors to provide similar assistance to the local people.

The fundraiser has been well subscribed and we are on our way to our stretch target. The amazing support of all on RL and the 991 GT3 board as well as the RL New Zealand board has been overwhelming. Joanna and I and the people we are working to assist are forever indebted. We have a tough few weeks ahead of us then we must travel to NZ for supplies and a little R&R. The last three weeks have been tough (perhaps we are soft from easy living). Its definitely been a "life altering event" for us in that it has reset our priorities and expectations in life and made us realise how privileged we all are - its also demonstrated what a great cluster of enthusiasts we are a part of!

P.S. A few extra shots here:
Washing day in the village.
Banking Island Village style.
Unicef erect 100s of temporary schools around the country!
Attached Images       
Old 04-09-2015, 11:19 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Fantastic work, Macca! You are an inspiration and a blessing to those around you! Best wishes,
Daniel
Old 04-11-2015, 02:20 AM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Macca, just learned of the fundraiser. I don't make it over to this board much. Happy to be of some help.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:02 PM
Ma991
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 4 Posts

Contribution made Macca, $29,425 who will be next?
Old 04-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Grizfish+Ma911 - Thanks so much for your kindness and donation.

A quick update here for those who have not seen the Indiegogo update my wife sent out this morning.

Last week we got the bulk of the timber framing in place on the first house. Still have some frame braces, the perlons, strapping and dynabolts into the pad (waiting for pad to cure off a bit) before we have the roofing iron delivered for screwing down. Roofing iron will be late next week and the house will be ready for this by the end of the week. Once the roof is up we can line the internal partition walls and get the electrical under-way.

The second house is underway. Making the cage today and pouring the footings if the weather stays dry (has some rain yesterday and some scheduled today). Hoping to get the pad down for this smaller house by mid week and will be framing it by by the weekend. We also have running repairs to at least two other house under-way as and when materials are available. We are keeping receipts etc for everything we purchase and will keep all updated with that too once the fundraiser has closed.
Attached Images  
Old 04-13-2015, 01:43 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Contribution made. Keep up the good work Macca!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Quick Reply: Vanuatu Fundraiser - Cyclone PAM - Help Macca help those in need...