Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?

Old 03-19-2015, 03:03 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?

I heard a rumor of one or more late arriving (May expected delivery) MY2015 gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau'? This is not a customer cancellation, but rather an additional allocation granted a US dealer as a reward. Arrival expected in May. If you have information on this elusive 'Fashion Grey' gt3 and what dealer(s) it was allocated to, please post at this thread or pm and/or email me. Any assistance is really appreciated.

The specs are rather peculiar (e.g. 4-way seats) and similar to this:

Porsche 911 GT3 / 61H 'Modegrau - Fashion Gray'

Exterior Paint to Sample, Non-Metallic

Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Platinum Grey

Extended Range Fuel Tank

Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor

LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) Exclusive

Ornamental Porsche Crest

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

Front Axle Lift System

20" GT3 Wheels

Wheels Painted in Black Exclusive Seat Heating (Front)

Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell Floor Mats

Sport Seats Plus (4-way)

Seat Belts in Silver Grey Exclusive

Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather Exclusive

Brushed Aluminum Interior Package, Anthracite i.c.w. Leather Interior

Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated Exclusive

Sound Package Plus

Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App

SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, NavTraffic, NavWeather and HD Radio Receiver

Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Module

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-19-2015, 03:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,158 Posts

No LWB seats = no care!
Old 03-19-2015, 09:31 AM
NYC_AREA_GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PTS "Zen Master" Eduardo,

I remembered seeing the Fashion Grey GT3 on Instagram indoors (at a dealer), I've attached it. I also remember seeing it in the sun on Instagram, but when I looked for it again, I couldn't find it. However, I did find a TTS (outdoors in the sun) and a 918 (outdoors in the shade) in this color. I'm not a fan...
Attached Images    
Old 03-19-2015, 09:34 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo, where are you getting all this inside info from? Great stuff.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:49 AM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fashion Grey was the color I really wanted but was denied PTS
Old 03-19-2015, 09:52 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 618 Likes on 274 Posts

Wow that looks great! I would be very interested as well if there are some available!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:10 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Very curious indeed! Thanks for that info Eduardo. Did outside suppliers produce too many parts in PTS colours and now the factory is trying to make a couple extra cars in this colour to use up the supplies and maximize profit? It's only too bad they didn't talk to customers who might have been in the hunt for those particular colours first.

IIRC, there is a fashion grey GT3 coming to anonymous918.

Originally Posted by NYC_AREA_GT3
I remembered seeing the Fashion Grey GT3 on Instagram indoors (at a dealer), I've attached it.
As for the above GT3, that's my car!! Word travels fast! That photo was posted on RL by me earlier (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-thread.html post #6 from a few days ago), so must have been found and reposted on instagram since then. Thanks for showing me that.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:18 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Very curious indeed! Thanks for that info Eduardo. Did outside suppliers produce too many parts in PTS colours and now the factory is trying to make a couple extra cars in this colour to use up the supplies and maximize profit? It's only too bad they didn't talk to customers who might have been in the hunt for those particular colours first.
Blue: Interesting thought, but no, that's not it.

Red: I agree.

Again, your 3 is beautiful. I thought that was probably yours.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:19 AM
donuts
Instructor

Chatter on Instigram that Champion is getting one.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:22 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Blue: Interesting thought, but no, that's not it.

Red: I agree.

Again, your 3 is beautiful. I thought that was probably yours.
You seem to be well informed. So, do you have more info to explain what's going on? (or are you embargoed until Eduardo does his expose? ) And thanks!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:32 AM
donuts
Instructor

And apparently theres a deposit on it already
Old 03-19-2015, 11:52 AM
FORENN
Banned

You seem to be well informed. So, do you have more info to explain what's going on? (or are you embargoed until Eduardo does his expose? ) And thanks!
Lol! Not embargoed, but I'll let Ed fill you in as he is the most informed and emperor of all things PTS.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:13 PM
FORENN
Banned

Originally Posted by donuts
And apparently theres a deposit on it already
It wouldn't surprise me. PTS 1GT3 = poof.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Nine1won
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 31 Posts

Sounds like the dealers that made the expensive trip over to Germany for an event got some last minute bonus cars...
Old 03-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
No LWB seats = no care!
You can get the LWB seats afterwards. A pts gt3, especially in a beautiful color like 'Modegrau', will be a very desirable car down the road!

Originally Posted by NYC_AREA_GT3
PTS "Zen Master" Eduardo, I remembered seeing the Fashion Grey GT3 on Instagram indoors (at a dealer), I've attached it.
Thanks, NYC. Yes that first photo is the gorgeous one that our friend & fellow Rennlister Daniel just received in Canada! Here is the link to his great write-up on the history of the color, plus more photos of his 'Modegrau' gt3! I urge everyone to read it - it's a very good story!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-thread.html

Originally Posted by bronson7
Eduardo, where are you getting all this inside info from? Great stuff.
I usually stay at least one night of the week at Holiday Inn Express....

Originally Posted by RossL
Fashion Grey was the color I really wanted but was denied PTS
Yes, it has to be frustrating for all that were denied a PTS gt3 for MY2015 and settled for one of the regular colors!

Originally Posted by electron mike
Wow that looks great! I would be very interested as well if there are some available!
Keep you eyes glued to Rennlist. We are uncovering new info every day!

Very curious indeed! Thanks for that info Eduardo. Did outside suppliers produce too many parts in PTS colours and now the factory is trying to make a couple extra cars in this colour to use up the supplies and maximize profit?
Nope. That is not it.

It's only too bad they didn't talk to customers who might have been in the hunt for those particular colours first.
So true. Look at the case of RossL above. If RossL would have been approached by PAG/PCNA on the availability of a late 'Modegrau' gt3, perhaps he would trade his current '15 gt3 (if he got one in a regular color) for a 'Modegrau'! Porsche announced a moratorium on all PTS Porsches for new MY2015 orders starting last Fall. So why are these late '15 gt3 allocations with PTS colors showing up, almost all of which are going to dealers and not directly to customers who were initially denied PTS?

Why couldn't PAG contact Melissa Witek or Matthew Henry at 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US & ask a simple question like this: 'Who are customers who tried to order a PTS gt3 and we turned down?' Because both of these PCNA employees must have a list of names of Porsche customers, many from the ranks here at Rennlist, that approached their offices last Fall asking for PTS on their 'new' gt3 allocations! The names at this forum that quickly come to mind that wanted desperately to get PTS gt3's include Montoya, Mr. Sullivan, Sportscentury, NateOZ, djcxxx, AC SATO, Kyrocks, DesmoRR, Jonathan70, Calpolo17, Mooty...plus RossL from above.

I did a similar thing simply to find fellow Rennlisters that were interested in PTS gt3's. I went back and read the PTS gt3's threads last fall on this forum, saw who was particularly frustrated in not being able to get PTS, and then contacted them each via PM or email here at Rennlist!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...t3-colors.html

It would not been that hard a thing to do...if Porsche wanted to do the right thing for their valued customers. Porsche would contact these existing gt3 customers first and ask if they would be interested now in a 'Modegrau' gt3 or whatever else they decided to produced in PTS this late in the game! Where there is a will, there is a way! Yet neither PAG nor PCNA did the right thing in this instance!

IIRC, there is a fashion grey GT3 coming to anonymous918.
Anonymous918 is the exception - he got a late '15 gt3 in PTS 'Modegrau' via the 918 VIP program and because he has other connections at PAG. But his case is not the rule. Almost all late PTS gt3's are going to dealers as extra allocations for them to do with it as they want...including charge an outrageous premium over MSRP. This is giving dealers license to gouge their customers simply because PAG put a moratorium on PTS in the Fall and created an artificial scarcity of that 'product'.

As for the above GT3, that's my car!!
And what a beautiful example of 'Modegrau' it is!

Originally Posted by donuts
Chatter on Instigram that Champion is getting one.
Thanks donuts. That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for!

Sportscentury is very well informed, I can vouch for that!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?