Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS '14 GT3 white at MSRP 2700 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:49 AM
DerStig
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it had the lift, I would be interested. I don't see driving one of these in new jersey without the lift....
Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 AM
DerStig
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
What do we think this car should sell for?
I figure it's the lowest prices one for sale at $137k?

But it has not sold, why?
Color?
No LWB?
2014 car?

Specs seem great but is there finally more supply than demand?
maybe because they want sticker for a used car?
Old 03-26-2015, 11:05 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
If it had the lift, I would be interested. I don't see driving one of these in new jersey without the lift....
I have no lift.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:29 AM
DerStig
Racer

Originally Posted by fastmd
I have no lift.
You are a brave men then. I am going to daily drive mine to work (Jersey City). I am scared even with a lift I am going to destroy the bumper, without a lift, there is no way. Hit 1 bump at the wrong angle and it's game over.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:01 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,724 Likes on 914 Posts

I figured, white GT3, PPI, low MSRP is all you need..
Got a bunch of inquiries mostly wonder why no one bought? Could is be prices starting to come down?

Marketplace make sense but I figured everyone looking for one is looking here?
I'll advise to throw it on cars.com as well.
26 used on cars.com. 14 white.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

That's a lot of supply to go along with the increased automatic demand.
A reason for not ordering white RS.

I wonder if this new market expects the BMW MB AUDI depreciation they are used to?
Old 03-27-2015, 07:21 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

That's a lot of supply to go along with the increased automatic demand.
A reason for not ordering lava orange RS.

I wonder if this new market expects the BMW MB AUDI depreciation they are used to?
Fixed it.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 AM
DerStig
Racer

I think the used GT3 prices are a little crazy right now. In a year, they are going to tank, relatively speaking obviously not BMW/Audi levels. I expect 10-15% depreciation for 14-15 models with 2-5k miles.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:29 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
Fixed it.
Still a lot more white than there will ever be Lava Orange?

I think the used GT3 prices are a little crazy right now. In a year, they are going to tank, relatively speaking obviously not BMW/Audi levels. I expect 10-15% depreciation for 14-15 models with 2-5k miles.
That's what happened in 08 and 11 as well for the .1 and .2.
Still that's not bad at all. Crazy prices? The advert here is at MSRP?
Old 03-27-2015, 09:42 AM
DerStig
Racer

That's what happened in 08 and 11 as well for the .1 and .2.
Still that's not bad at all. Crazy prices? The advert here is at MSRP?
I just don't think buying a used car at sticker is a sensible thing to do Eventually that price is going to take a big dip and you will have paid sticker for a car that wasn't new when you bought it to begin with. It's a totally different market and user base though, so I completely understand. Most people buying/selling these cars have a ton of money to burn and they "have to have" something when they want it. Well demand is low, and GT3 is the only offering in Porsche's lineup now that can satisfy the needs of this demographic, so the end result is insane used car market. Once RS hits stateside and that crowd shifts to the next best thing, I think people will be taking substantial losses on these cars. It's all about whether or not you wan to wait or if you must have what you want right away.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:49 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Yes and no.

Like in 2008 I think in 3 months you can't buy a GT3 anymore.
I bought my 2007 in 2008 at MSRP with 6000 miles. Seemed like a better deal then $50k over MSRP for an RS.. Sounds like 2015 to me.

So either wait the year and a half before they go down (before they go up again) or buy now while there is supply.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:07 AM
DerStig
Racer

Yes and no.

Like in 2008 I think in 3 months you can't buy a GT3 anymore.
I bought my 2007 in 2008 at MSRP with 6000 miles. Seemed like a better deal then $50k over MSRP for an RS.. Sounds like 2015 to me.

So either wait the year and a half before they go down (before they go up again) or buy now while there is supply.
Again, if you are the kind of person who has the itch and "must" have his toy when he wants it, then of course, it makes sense to buy a GT3 now at sticker than to pay 50k more (in fact it will be a lot more than 50k more as we all know). If you can stay strong and wait, these prices will come down. There is no way you'll be able to sell a 2-3 year old GT3 at sticker with 5k+ miles. There will be .2 and RS. So let the people who always want the latest and greatest take the hit and soften the used car market. The more people move to RS, the more GT3s will be in the market, and the lower the prices will be.

Right now we are still looking at GT3s that have been produced within the last 365 days. They are still considered sort of new. In a year, that won't hold true and you'll see 10-15k discounts if not more. Wait for another year when .2 comes out, and the discount will be double if not triple of that.

The last NA argument is there I know, but guess what, all these PDKs now are selling like hot cakes aren't they? Wasn't the same true when they went from MT to PDK? That 991 GT3 was not going to sell? It sold quite well don't you think? Just hear me out for a second. If Porsche goes the turbo route, it will only be because if the market wants it. Meaning, it will only be because if they can sell more cars, make more profit, and so on so forth. If that holds true, then .1 prices will continue to decline because there will be more supply as more people will be moving into .2.

Now, as in at this point in time, today, is probably the worst time to buy a used GT3. You are paying sticker for a car that is not brand new regardless of how much it was babied, knowing full well you won't be able to take advantage of the price retention in the used car market because the prices will go down soon.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Not for RS if you believe this: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-rs-color.html

I just don't think buying a used car at sticker is a sensible thing to do Eventually that price is going to take a big dip and you will have paid sticker for a car that wasn't new when you bought it to begin with. It's a totally different market and user base though, so I completely understand. Most people buying/selling these cars have a ton of money to burn and they "have to have" something when they want it. Well demand is low, and GT3 is the only offering in Porsche's lineup now that can satisfy the needs of this demographic, so the end result is insane used car market. Once RS hits stateside and that crowd shifts to the next best thing, I think people will be taking substantial losses on these cars. It's all about whether or not you wan to wait or if you must have what you want right away.
Maybe for GT3; not so much for RS. 997.2 RS never went down (yet) and not buying 997.2 RS 4.0 at msrp was least sensible decision I've made in past 20yrs.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:23 AM
DerStig
Racer

Not for RS if you believe this: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-rs-color.html

Maybe for GT3; not so much for RS. 997.2 RS never went down (yet) and not buying 997.2 RS 4.0 at msrp was least sensible decision I've made in past 20yrs.
What I said applies to GT3. I am not buying a GT3 only for track, will daily drive it in the tough new jersey roads. There is no way I can swing a RS here.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:37 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Right, all my GT3's are worth more today than when I sold them in 2010, 11(2) and 2012. Right I made that crazy splurge like an idiot buying a 4.0 at MSRP ($187,500) with 3000!! miles on it, I passed on a black one $3000 below MSRP, even.

Depending on demand versus the stagnation in supply once production stops, I think you see a little dip in the first 12 month of the GT3 and I agree the RS will never dip unless we have another major market crash perhaps. Even than, I think there is so much liquidity this time it wont matter as much as it dis in 2008. But that's a different conversation..

Quick Reply: FS '14 GT3 white at MSRP 2700 miles