Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The modegrau / Fashion grey thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 11:22 PM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ that looks really good... anyone here managed to pull that for their order?
Old 08-27-2015, 07:15 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That would be one rare RS
Old 08-29-2015, 06:08 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 180 Posts

deleted

Last edited by d00d; 12-20-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:17 AM
msaw98
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, and thanks for all the great pics of the fashion gray porsche cars.
Since i am in the process of deciding for a color of my new Boxster Spyder, i would like to ask you some questions. Could someone please tell me if this color is an Metallic color or normal one? Is it sensitive?
Does anyone have more pictures. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:59 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by msaw98
Since i am in the process of deciding for a color of my new Boxster Spyder, i would like to ask you some questions. Could someone please tell me if this color is an Metallic color or normal one? Is it sensitive?
Hi and welcome to the forum! Fashion grey is non-metallic (i.e. solid). I'm sure it would be very nice on a Boxster Spyder. Congratulations in advance! I'm not sure what you're asking when you ask if it's "sensitive," so could you clarify? Yes, I have more photos, but is there anything in particular that you wanted to see. There are already quite a few photos on this thread that show the car under different lightning conditions and contexts. Perhaps you could suggest if there is something you were searching for specifically. And also, you will no doubt want to review the excellent thread on Exclusive, etc here: https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...e-and-you.html

Old 09-04-2015, 12:50 PM
msaw98
8th Gear

I Thank you very much for your time and answer. It really helps me alot in deciding about the colour. The question about sensitivity, is about how easily it gets scratched or not. My second option would be the carrarawhite metallic, which seems to withstand some torturing from nature and environment, as it does from washing. How is the fashion grey as a solid colour in this manner?

As for the pics, I have seen all of them there were in this and other threads and would appreciate if you could share more of them. This way i could get an idea of the shade of this colour.

Thank you once more!
Old 09-04-2015, 02:43 PM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,605 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by msaw98
FYI- PTS window has been closed for the 981 Spyder since 8/1.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:52 PM
<3mph
Drifting

With respect to the ability to withstand scratches, abuse, etc, I'm not sure there is much difference in the physical properties of the paint; i.e. I would imagine that the clearcoat on the surface is the same for pretty much all paint selections (over the base coat of whatever type/colour). I am not aware of any data on whether different currently approved base coats have worse issues with regard to fading, but since they are all tested for this prior to approval for PTS, I would imagine any differences would be minor. There is, however, the practical side of which colours show scratches/damage, and black is notoriously difficult to keep looking spotless. Fashion grey OTOH is quite easy to take care of and does not show swirl marks very visibly. It is very similar to silver in this regard. In fact, as it has a little bit of yellow/brown in it, it also hides dust quite well too. It's a pretty low maintenance colour overall imo. I will try to post a few more photos later on for you.

As to navanoD's point, do you already have an approved fashion grey PTS allocation?
As of a few days ago, I have it from Exclusive that "Paint to Sample is on order stop right now for most of our models, with no idea of when it might return." And there are rumours that it is more or less unavailable until the model refresh occurs. I'm not sure if that is relevant only to the North American market though. What part of the world are you in? Please let us know if you have different info on PTS availability.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:05 PM
msaw98
8th Gear

Thank you very much for all your information. It really helps on getting an idea on this. I live in Germany, and my Porsche Center said, that there is no problem in ordering individual colours at this point. However since I havent made up my mind on a colour, i will have to contact them on Monday an do a request. I will inform you as soon as i got an answer. The only thing that was mentioned, was the delay of delivery in case a PTS is selected.

I would appreciate it, if you find the time to post more sample pictures, as this would help me in deciding.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:41 PM
msaw98
8th Gear

Thank you very much for all your information. It really helps on getting an idea on this. I live in Germany, and my Porsche Center said, that there is no problem in ordering individual colours at this point. However since I havent made up my mind on a colour, i will have to contact them on Monday an do a request. I will inform you as soon as i got an answer. The only thing that was mentioned, was the delay of delivery in case a PTS is selected.

I would appreciate it, if you find the time to post more sample pictures, as this would help me in deciding.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:22 PM
<3mph
Drifting

A few more photos

Old 09-06-2015, 08:06 PM
<3mph
Drifting

And from around the web

from PH

from instagram https://instagram.com/crs2pepper/
Old 09-06-2015, 09:54 PM
farfromcommonGT3
Rennlist Member

Default The modegrau / Fashion grey thread

[quote=
Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2015, 10:01 PM
farfromcommonGT3
Rennlist Member

Default The modegrau / Fashion grey thread

Excuse my last post as I'm still a noob here!

That is a teaser of my Fashion Grey GT3. I was fortunate enough to take delivery last Wednesday of the last PTS bonus car from Stevens Creek and have a bit more into the story behind how they got there's as well as he allocations themselves!

But that's for another time. In the interim I am addressing some short comings on the spec ( adding PCCB, clear taillight sand reflectors, and finally adding LWBs to replace the 4 Ways..)

I have some other unique touches being applied, and hopefully the car will be done by next weekend so I can share it with you all!

Hope that you enjoy this shot, and keep the beautiful shots of your amazing car coming Daniel! Thank you for educating and showing the world about what a unique, rich, and special color Fashion Grey / Greymode is. I for one enjoy your perspective and history of the color greatly!

C
Old 09-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Nice custom colored GTS wheels! You don't mind that they are 1/2" narrower in the rear?

And do share how you are getting your hands on a set of LWBs!

Quick Reply: The modegrau / Fashion grey thread