Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US GT3RS configurator is now live...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 03:33 AM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone has a close picture that shows the finish of the microfiber? I want to compare it vs alcantara. Someone mentioned it previously somewhere, that there's a difference between the texture of the storage compartment and several elements on the door.. (toggle between them on the configurator to see the difference)..

Thank you

Karim
Old 03-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Speaking about Microfiber - are we to be certain to experience the same electro-shock after sitting on it in the car after awhile Like some of us do a la in the home after sitting in microfiber furniture?

Some of us may or may not experience this phenomenom! It's the one downfall of microfiber materials. You sit or lay on them long enough you will generate and electrical field that wants to discharge the instant you get up and touch something metal.

Now the great question, why use this material?

Quote from AcidShort: Does the 8800 redline imply that there will be another more exclusive 9000 redline version in the future? Just wondering
TechSpecs says the Redline in 8250RPM; 'least on the US website it says that is the top-end. And why Porsche doesn't list Torque I don't know. However if the engine indeed makes that much power at just, I know "JUST", 8250RPM then I imagine the car is developing more torque at a lower and wider RPM range. But that is just a guess.

I would like to pop one of these new 3.9L RS motors out of the engine bay and put it on an engine Dyno to see what it is really pushing.

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 03-05-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:24 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Speaking about Microfiber - are we to be certain to experience the same electro-shock after sitting on it in the car after awhile Like some of us do a la in the home after sitting in microfiber furniture?

Some of us may or may not experience this phenomenom! It's the one downfall of microfiber materials. You sit or lay on them long enough you will generate and electrical field that wants to discharge the instant you get up and touch something metal.

Now the great question, why use this material?
I think the microfiber resists pilling better than alcantara and it does not have a nap or grain that alcantara has which may give it better durability. It may also have been chosen because it came in the desired shade of orange and alcantara didn't?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:42 AM
AciDShOrT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The orange in the videos were the sun is able to hit it looks great.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:45 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
I think the microfiber resists pilling better than alcantara and it does not have a nap or grain that alcantara has which may give it better durability. It may also have been chosen because it came in the desired shade of orange and alcantara didn't?
Agreed. Microfiber resists piling and is even easier to care for, while resisting stains well.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:51 AM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brindle101
I couldn't agree more with you. I do love the RS, but for me it's a $50k difference, but I don't see $50k worth of performance there. The GT3 is already insanely awesome, and I can't even begin to appreciate its potential on the street, which is Where I drive it most of the time ( about 4-6 track days per yr). I thought I would trade my GT3 for RS if I got the opportunity, but I love my GT3 so much I have a hard time shelling out $50k more, for what I think at best is $10k increase in performance. I'm not so sure if I would trade up right now. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Microfiber also, a good quality, does a better job with Spills and other such Upholstery disaster!
Old 03-06-2015, 04:32 PM
BusDriver
Instructor

Received 217 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
4) Always Alcantara, options just add a Crest or PORSCHE on it - I prefer it plain and cheaper to do after delivery anyway as you get both.
Can you elaborate? How or where can I have this done after delivery?
Old 03-06-2015, 06:47 PM
991RDC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karimgt3
Anyone has a close picture that shows the finish of the microfiber? I want to compare it vs alcantara. Someone mentioned it previously somewhere, that there's a difference between the texture of the storage compartment and several elements on the door.. (toggle between them on the configurator to see the difference)..

Thank you

Karim
This was shot the other day at Geneva from Mech33-#30.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...or-show-2.html
Old 03-06-2015, 06:51 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Originally Posted by 991RDC
This was shot the other day at Geneva from Mech33-#30.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...or-show-2.html
Saw it thank you very much!!

Karim
Old 03-06-2015, 06:53 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AciDShOrT
The orange in the videos were the sun is able to hit it looks great.
Imagine it on acid...lol
Old 03-07-2015, 04:48 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

-Why is there a door panel leather option? It comes with the Leather package and comes with a CF strip in the door?
==> door pull out pocket down low, end piece near upper strike side of door and mirror triangle. let's just say u will never notice it.

-What exactly becomes leather and what becomes alcantara with the leather option?
===> it can be seen on configurator, click in "I" of the alcantara choice. 90% of upper dash is leather, lower dash is alcantara. 40% of door is leather and 40% alcantara. goto the RL report on RS from geneva, lots pic.

-What color are std nipples chrome or black? Does it change with getting chrome or black head lights?
===> always chrome

-Is the center console lid always alcantara? Or whatever fuzzy stuff.
====> no, no full leather cars gets plasstic. alantara gets alcantara, micro fiber is the fuzzy stuff.

-Are stock lights still Xenon and option just swivels them? or do they give less light?
===> free light is xenon. option lights are xenon pivoting, xenon pivoting with blk housing, LED pivoting, LED pivoting blk housing

-Silver wheels. Silver or matching GTSilver
===> wheels are silver not GT silver

Quick Reply: US GT3RS configurator is now live...