Sponsored by:

GT3 Arrives

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 02:30 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by nycjwi
Ok, I have not been waiting as long as most of you. I just became obsessed with the GT3 after driving it in November and since that time I spend countless hours researching, watching you tube videos and learning from this sight about everything that is this car. I took delivery on friday and so far have only tacked on 54 miles. My biggest complaint is that it is going to be near impossible to keep it under 4200 rpms for 1500 miles!!!! Too early to comment personally on performance but so far so good at 4200 rpm I will say that this car could easily be a daily driver (although will not be for me) and at lower rpms behaves very civilized. Looking forward to letting this thing rip and thank all of you for all your advise and wisdom.

And yes, here are some pics, included my other favorite toy as well!!
Nice to see another Scud owner with a GT3. I have an 08 SCUD and my GT3 is in Emden. I bought a GT3 because the scud is such a special car, I cannot DD it. I would think the GT3 would be passed as a another porsche by a layman but would be recognized by enthusiast.

Would love to hear your experience driving both.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:57 PM
nycjwi
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Nice to see another Scud owner with a GT3. I have an 08 SCUD and my GT3 is in Emden. I bought a GT3 because the scud is such a special car, I cannot DD it. I would think the GT3 would be passed as a another porsche by a layman but would be recognized by enthusiast.

Would love to hear your experience driving both.
As you know the scud is just raw race car. Look, feel and drive. Carbon fiber interior, no sound proofing, its sheer exhilaration!! The GT3 on the other hand really has two personalities. Total comfort on the inside like any other porsche. This car can def be a daily driver and yes, low profile, but then when you want to blow it out it turns into a totally different animal. This car has better handling then both Scud and Speciale and faster than Scud but the whole time feels more in control and precise in a good way! That said i have not turned off all the traction control etc which may result in a different feel. Bottom line is the GT3 is a truly amazing car and you will really appreciate having both. For me the only thing i am missing is that 458 Speciale Need to make a few more bucks for that one!!
Old 01-31-2015, 04:35 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by nycjwi
As you know the scud is just raw race car. Look, feel and drive. Carbon fiber interior, no sound proofing, its sheer exhilaration!! The GT3 on the other hand really has two personalities. Total comfort on the inside like any other porsche. This car can def be a daily driver and yes, low profile, but then when you want to blow it out it turns into a totally different animal. This car has better handling then both Scud and Speciale and faster than Scud but the whole time feels more in control and precise in a good way! That said i have not turned off all the traction control etc which may result in a different feel. Bottom line is the GT3 is a truly amazing car and you will really appreciate having both. For me the only thing i am missing is that 458 Speciale Need to make a few more bucks for that one!!
Is it faster than the SCUD?

I have not driven a 991 GT3. Hows the sound compare to the SCUD?

I think my SCUD would be my last ferrari and its a keeper. I am not even thinking about a Speciale, or would say BLOCKING my consciousness. This craziness about cars has to stop.

That is why I have been longing to get back to a Pcar and the GT3 is my comeback. And possibly by last Pcar to buy also.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:30 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Look great in agate, congrats.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:23 PM
nycjwi
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Is it faster than the SCUD?

I have not driven a 991 GT3. Hows the sound compare to the SCUD?

I think my SCUD would be my last ferrari and its a keeper. I am not even thinking about a Speciale, or would say BLOCKING my consciousness. This craziness about cars has to stop.

That is why I have been longing to get back to a Pcar and the GT3 is my comeback. And possibly by last Pcar to buy also.
Technically it is slightly faster than the scud and shifting / technology is far more advanced. I promise you there is no way not to love the GT3! Both cars are absolutely amazing in their own way and very different! (good thing)

The sound is not as loud and screaming as the scud but it is great and really gets there at around 7k rpm+. Again different but equally amazing.

If I were you, I would find a dealer with a used GT3 and convince them to let you drive it. I think you will be sold on the car!

Hoping to never have to part with the Scud and time will tell with the GT3. Eventually would love to own the Speciale, I really love the look of that car!

Last edited by nycjwi; 02-01-2015 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:07 PM
vf430
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to hear these positive comments In relation to scud. My gt3 arrives in 15 days, very reassuring to hear from scud owners. I wish I could have kept my scud and added a gt3. Perfect combo , congrats op. I haven't yet driven anything modern that compares to scud for overall fun factor and thrills on street. The values are holding great now and I see no reason to sell it if you can keep both cars. It will be really hard to replace it.

Quick Reply: GT3 Arrives