Sponsored by:

Who's stuck in Emden?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Don Keener
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
You have probably been moved over to camellia ace by logistics like the rest of us to Brunswick. It's been in Emden loading and should be heading out if it hasn't already.
Thanks! Hope so...

Looks like Camellia Ace is taking on fuel right now so it wont be long till she pulls out of Emden. Wonder if she will head straight to Halifax or over to Bremerhaven first.

There was another ship in Emden when Firmament Ace was there that is heading to Brunswick (ETA 1/3)... Brilliant Ace. However, she isnt on the VAG schedule.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:10 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Keener
Looks like Camellia Ace is taking on fuel right now so it wont be long till she pulls out of Emden.
Where do you see that the Camellia Ace is fueling? VW Logistics schedule showed loading on Monday/Tuesday, did she actually get loaded early?

Ryan
Old 12-21-2014, 09:50 PM
Don Keener
Advanced

Originally Posted by reidry
Where do you see that the Camellia Ace is fueling? VW Logistics schedule showed loading on Monday/Tuesday, did she actually get loaded early?

Ryan
If you pull up this link and zoom into the ship...

http://www.vesselfinder.com/?mmsi=636015709

You will see a ship right beside the Camellia Ace at the dock... the Annika... Click on her and you will see that she is a fuel ship. Id venture a guess that Camellia Ace will head out of Emden in the next 8 hours.

Camellia Ace arrived in Emden two days ahead of schedule. Woot Woot!
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2014, 09:58 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

If you pull up this link and zoom into the ship...

http://www.vesselfinder.com/?mmsi=636015709

You will see a ship right beside the Camellia Ace at the dock... the Annika... Click on her and you will see that she is a fuel ship. Id venture a guess that Camellia Ace will head out of Emden in the next 8 hours.

Camellia Ace arrived in Emden two days ahead of schedule. Woot Woot!
Don,

Awesome research! I've been watching the data on marine traffic, but hadn't looked in detail at the map.

So looking forward to taking delivery!

Ryan
Old 12-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Don Keener
Advanced

Don,

Awesome research! I've been watching the data on marine traffic, but hadn't looked in detail at the map.

So looking forward to taking delivery!

Ryan
'aint technology grand!!

Hopefully our cars are snugly on board and ready to come to North America. Im still concerned that they may have loaded cars on Firmament Ace before she broke again on her way to Bremerhaven. It would suck to be stuck on the failboat. I have emailed dealer to get an update on where my car is...
Old 12-21-2014, 10:17 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

'aint technology grand!!

Hopefully our cars are snugly on board and ready to come to North America. Im still concerned that they may have loaded cars on Firmament Ace before she broke again on her way to Bremerhaven. It would suck to be stuck on the failboat. I have emailed dealer to get an update on where my car is...
I've been at port since before Thanksgiving and my dealer confirmed with the Porsche logistics manager that I was not loaded on Firmament Ace and will definitely be loaded on Camellia Ace.

If she pulls out of port tonight, I will be calling my SA tomorrow for confirmation!

Ryan
Old 12-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Don Keener
Advanced

I've been at port since before Thanksgiving and my dealer confirmed with the Porsche logistics manager that I was not loaded on Firmament Ace and will definitely be loaded on Camellia Ace.

If she pulls out of port tonight, I will be calling my SA tomorrow for confirmation!

Ryan
Hmmm.. I wonder why it wasnt loaded on one of the several ships that left Emden in that timeframe and stopped in Brunswick? Mermaid Ace, Felicity Ace, Swan Ace, Perseus Leader etc. My Audi supposedly got to Emden on 12/6 and just missed Perseus Leader..

I see you are just up the road from me. Im in Vero Beach (ordered from Audi of Stuart).
Old 12-21-2014, 10:35 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

I was watching Perseus Leader very closely, thought I might get on board, but it didn't actually seem to collect any Porsche cars. Just as it left Emden it fell off the VW logistics schedule.

Ryan
Old 12-21-2014, 10:37 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

So which will be the next boat to SD?
Old 12-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Don Keener
Advanced

I was watching Perseus Leader very closely, thought I might get on board, but it didn't actually seem to collect any Porsche cars. Just as it left Emden it fell off the VW logistics schedule.

Ryan
Well... lets keep our fingers crossed and hit'em hard tomorrow to get the scoop. Ive already got an email into the sales manager..... Ill update my saga tomorrow ;>)
Old 12-21-2014, 10:45 PM
Don Keener
Advanced

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
So which will be the next boat to SD?
That would be Altair Leader. its currently in Zebrugge which is just a short jump to Emden.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...57b90974b68bed

OOPS>... Looks like Altair leader has already been to Emden (on the 17th) and is on its way back to North America.

Next is Antares Leader which is scheduled to arrive in Emden on Jan 19th
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
WW51 Schedule.pdf (35.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: pdf
WW50 Schedule.pdf (35.2 KB, 121 views)
Old 12-21-2014, 11:18 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

That would be Altair Leader. its currently in Zebrugge which is just a short jump to Emden.

OOPS>... Looks like Altair leader has already been to Emden (on the 17th) and is on its way back to North America.

Ouch. That would suck if I missed the boat. My car arrived at Emden on the 15th.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:54 AM
Don Keener
Advanced

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
Ouch. That would suck if I missed the boat. My car arrived at Emden on the 15th.
Yup... sure would. Im surprised that ships dont leave for SD more frequently given the population density 'out west'. Perhaps VAG gets 100% of the capacity of ships heading for SD?

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:58 AM
Don Keener
Advanced

Ryan
Looks like Camellia Ace has a tug on her this morning holding her to the dock probably so they can untie her. Looks like she will be on her way soon.... Im surprised its only one tug though.. usually at least two.

Off to help my son move this morning.... gonna be sore tonight.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:52 AM
SDaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks! Where can we find the schedules for February? My GTS is scheduled to hit Eden then and I would like to start "pre tracking" the trip to San Diego

Quick Reply: Who's stuck in Emden?