Sponsored by:

Who's stuck in Emden?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 12:08 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
I can only imagine getting a message from my SA that my GT3 is stuck in the mid-atlantic indefinitely due to a major mechanical on the transport ship.

I've been waiting so long for this car (18 months) I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever finally arrive.

Ryan
You can say that again, and I feel that way after only a 12 month wait!!! I feel like when car finally arrives to dealership, I need to have my wife smash a bottle of champagne over front bumper for good luck....of course it must actually arrive to do that?
Old 12-18-2014, 10:53 AM
rookie1
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

On the Altair Leader as well, hoping the voyage to San Diego (and then SF Bay Area) will go smoothly!
Old 12-18-2014, 02:29 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got an update from my SA, Porsche Transportation Manager says my car is schedule for transport on the Camellia Ace loading 22/23 Dec at Emden. Not good news, looks like Firmament Ace has disappeared from the Porsche Transport Schedule - must not be healthy enough for a cross Atlantic voyage.

Now my arrival at Brunswick is 1/8 so delivery at my dealer on 1/9 is highly unlikely.

Ryan
Old 12-18-2014, 05:54 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by reidry
Just got an update from my SA, Porsche Transportation Manager says my car is schedule for transport on the Camellia Ace loading 22/23 Dec at Emden. Not good news, looks like Firmament Ace has disappeared from the Porsche Transport Schedule - must not be healthy enough for a cross Atlantic voyage.

Now my arrival at Brunswick is 1/8 so delivery at my dealer on 1/9 is highly unlikely.

Ryan
Weird....Firmament Ace just arrived to Emden a few hours ago.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:12 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cal from dealer yesterday. Car still at Emden. Delayed.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:48 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Weird....Firmament Ace just arrived to Emden a few hours ago.
I guess as Ryan was already told the Firmament Ace is no longer heading to Brunswick...at least not soon.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:44 PM
vf430
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My Car has been in V331 (Entry to Emden) since Dec 16. I checked VW logistics and it shows no ships bound to San Diego until Jan 11 or so . How often does VW logistics update with the schedule of departing ships?
Old 12-19-2014, 08:56 PM
SDaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rookie1
On the Altair Leader as well, hoping the voyage to San Diego (and then SF Bay Area) will go smoothly!
Do the ships stop at San Diego then NCAL? I was thinking that all CA cars got off in San Diego and were trucked / train up to NCAL if needed. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:43 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vf430
My Car has been in V331 (Entry to Emden) since Dec 16. I checked VW logistics and it shows no ships bound to San Diego until Jan 11 or so . How often does VW logistics update with the schedule of departing ships?
Mine arrived on the 15th, headed for SD as well. My schedule has reported it leaving Emden on the 26th for quite a while. No idea how accurate those estimates are.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:59 AM
rookie1
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SDaddy
Do the ships stop at San Diego then NCAL? I was thinking that all CA cars got off in San Diego and were trucked / train up to NCAL if needed. I hope I'm wrong.
Correct, all cars will be unloaded in San Diego and then trucked up to NorCal.
I conservatively expect ~2-3 weeks from docking in San Diego until the car is unleaded at my dealer here.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:43 PM
SDaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rookie1
Correct, all cars will be unloaded in San Diego and then trucked up to NorCal.
I conservatively expect ~2-3 weeks from docking in San Diego until the car is unleaded at my dealer here.
Thanks. Sounds like Northern California cars have about the longest trip of all
Old 12-20-2014, 01:45 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SDaddy
Thanks. Sounds like Northern California cars have about the longest trip of all
First we need a boat.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Don Keener
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Im in the same mess with my Audi. Firmament Ace' schedule matched my departure and arrival dates in VAG order status. I saw the wandering at Vigo but saw that the ship finally made it to Emden. Now it seems that they are again wandering about just North of Bremerhaven. I guess I need to call the dealer and find out if my car got put on the 'failboat' while it was in Emden. Firmament Ace was still on the Week 50 schedule. Kinda hoping that Im getting put on Camellia Ace or even better something earlier. The car was sitting in Emden since 12/6. Sigh....
Old 12-21-2014, 06:12 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Don Keener
Looks like Im in the same mess with my Audi. Firmament Ace' schedule matched my departure and arrival dates in VAG order status. I saw the wandering at Vigo but saw that the ship finally made it to Emden. Now it seems that they are again wandering about just North of Bremerhaven. I guess I need to call the dealer and find out if my car got put on the 'failboat' while it was in Emden. Firmament Ace was still on the Week 50 schedule. Kinda hoping that Im getting put on Camellia Ace or even better something earlier. The car was sitting in Emden since 12/6. Sigh....
You have probably been moved over to camellia ace by logistics like the rest of us to Brunswick. It's been in Emden loading and should be heading out if it hasn't already.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Don Keener
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vf430
VW Logistics schedule has been updating weekly on Friday for the last month.

Quick Reply: Who's stuck in Emden?