Sponsored by:

Brunnhoelzl Jacks

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt3Fan
Do you use the jp stands with the standard pad or low profile?
Low profile.

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Mike,

Looks great. Quick question regarding clearance: I don't have clearance with the Jackpoint jack stand hat on top of my Pittsburgh 1.5 racing jack. Do you first lift the car up and place a race ramp, drop the car down then place the jack stand hat, then lift?
David, I don't have clearance with the low profile pad on my OTC jack either. I drive one wheel up on a 2x4 and even then I've needed a tiny bit more height. Raising the front lift gives me the extra 1/4" I need. If you don't have the lift and need more clearance then you could just use a layer of plywood under the 2x4, 2x8, or whatever.

If I'm putting the car on all four jacks I start with the above at one rear corner. Once the car is raised slightly, I can slip both the jack and pad underneath and lift that corner and place it on the stand. The other jack points are then no problem. Next I do the other rear corner, and then move to the front. When lowering you just have to make sure that you have the spacers under the last wheel again when you drop the car.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:53 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Thx Mik!
Old 12-10-2014, 10:14 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Low profile.

David, I don't have clearance with the low profile pad on my OTC jack either. I drive one wheel up on a 2x4 and even then I've needed a tiny bit more height. Raising the front lift gives me the extra 1/4" I need. If you don't have the lift and need more clearance then you could just use a layer of plywood under the 2x4, 2x8, or whatever.

If I'm putting the car on all four jacks I start with the above at one rear corner. Once the car is raised slightly, I can slip both the jack and pad underneath and lift that corner and place it on the stand. The other jack points are then no problem. Next I do the other rear corner, and then move to the front. When lowering you just have to make sure that you have the spacers under the last wheel again when you drop the car.
Just a slight modification - especially for caged cars or if you're already out of the car and it's in place for lifting. We just lift the car on the factory lift point without the Jackpoint pad in place. When the tire comes off the ground - slide a piece of 2x4 under the tire and let the car back down. It saves you from climbing in and out of a caged car plus it saves those track clutches that don't take kindly to feathering. In addition - when you lift the car the first time you extend the suspension which usually won't completely compress when you let the car down. That extra bit of space is probably all you need to avoid using that extra piece of plywood. If you want something more elegant than wood a Race Ramp flat spot preventer can be substituted for many cars.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:42 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jpoint
Just a slight modification - especially for caged cars or if you're already out of the car and it's in place for lifting. We just lift the car on the factory lift point without the Jackpoint pad in place. When the tire comes off the ground - slide a piece of 2x4 under the tire and let the car back down. It saves you from climbing in and out of a caged car plus it saves those track clutches that don't take kindly to feathering. In addition - when you lift the car the first time you extend the suspension which usually won't completely compress when you let the car down. That extra bit of space is probably all you need to avoid using that extra piece of plywood. If you want something more elegant than wood a Race Ramp flat spot preventer can be substituted for many cars.
Will do. I have the Race Ramp flat spot preventer. I'll give it a try.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion; same idea but more efficient execution!
Old 12-11-2014, 02:27 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

If you're baller, you use these...

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-12-10 at 10.18.06 PM.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  57.8 KB

If you're super baller, you use this...

Name:  IMG_3238.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  121.4 KB

...like this...

Old 12-12-2014, 12:06 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Wait a minute. That looks like a Brunnhoelzl jack in the trailer but NOT the same one in the video. Do you have 2 Brunnhoelzl jacks?
Old 12-12-2014, 02:03 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Wait a minute. That looks like a Brunnhoelzl jack in the trailer but NOT the same one in the video. Do you have 2 Brunnhoelzl jacks?
LOL

I'm ultra-baller!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:27 AM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

I've just ordered some for inventory. In the video is appears their low profile will go under your car with the Jackpoint pad in place. As I understand, the Brunnholzl Low Profile jack goes down to 2" minimum pick up height - yes? I've been using an Omega 29025 jack that has 2.5" minimum. That was close to working with my lowered GT3 but just a hair too high on the back lift points. Also, the Omega - at 90 lbs. - doesn't really like to travel (read - I can't lift that heavy bastard without tossing my back). I considered the Zinko - but even it doesn't go down to 2".
Old 12-18-2014, 02:55 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

The Brunnhoelzl jacks arrived today and I had to open a couple and have a look. They are REALLY pretty. These came with the saddle (lift plate) modified to fit our pads - a feature available from Brunnhoelzl at an added charge. As indicated earlier - these are the Low Profile model which goes down to 2" minimum pickup height. They're available in 1, 3, and 6 pump versions - referring to the number of pumps on the handle needed to lift the car. I opted for 6 pump because it would allow me to elevate the car with less effort on the handle. This could come in handy when I'm getting started and want to look under the car as I jack it up - thus probably working while on my knees. With the single pump - you need more leverage and would probably need to be standing.
I'm excited to try one on my car in the garage, but they're pretty enough I'd almost put one on a shelf in my office - functional art. Sorry about the fuzzy camera phone images.
Attached Images    
Old 12-18-2014, 03:52 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=24Chromium;11867540]If you're baller, you use these...

Attachment 893675

If you're super baller, you use this...

Attachment 893676

Love the jack storage bracket for the trailer. Did you find this somewhere or make it yuorself? If you have a source please share. Thank you
Old 03-21-2021, 08:27 PM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 225 Likes on 163 Posts

Thoughts? I've heard there were some issues... Looking for a new quality jack.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:39 AM
Thinker23
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Been using mine for over 10 years with no issues.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:02 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by M3the01
Thoughts? I've heard there were some issues... Looking for a new quality jack.

20 years later my pump finally gave out on mine. Time for a rebuild on the pump which is not that big of a deal.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:33 PM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 225 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
20 years later my pump finally gave out on mine. Time for a rebuild on the pump which is not that big of a deal.
How much are the replacement parts?

Quick Reply: Brunnhoelzl Jacks