Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desperately......Polaris Leader

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 05:42 PM
GT3++
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll post any updates that I get. Not sure about all of the codes. I'm not the person who originally ordered the car so maybe I'm not getting those updates. I was lucky enough to get an open car that was coming in.

The dealer did say that they prioritize the GT3's since a lot of people have been waiting longer to get them and some got bumped to a later ship.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The Polaris Leader did not come directly from Emden, it stopped in Bremerhaven so it may have a bunch of BMW vehicles also on board. It stopped for a day in Puerto Rico so it may have unloaded some of its vehicles there. The original ship from Emden was the Antigua Leader, but it was diverted and the Polaris Leader substituted to pick up cars on 10/25 in Emden. My car was at the dock on 10/07 but was not loaded on the 10/09 boat . . . too many Macans I suspect.
The Porsches on the boat that arrived in San Diego back on 9/2 were unloaded, got through customs and were released to be loaded on the trucks in only 3 days. Some ships last year were taking up to 9 days. Porsche handles the trucking all the way to the dealers; where there were dock delays back East the individual dealers could not arrange private trucking even after the cars sat for over two weeks some on the Rennlist reported.
The San Diego truckers in the past seem to get the cars all over California within a day of leaving San Diego per prior posts to the Rennlist.
Some dealers had the cars cleaned and prepped for the customers within 4 hours or so of delivery by the trucks.
If any GT3 owners are still driving loaners . . . suspect you may be first off the boat
Old 11-20-2014, 09:57 PM
Bruno Giacomelli
Instructor

Polaris Leader is now on its way out of San Diego as of 20 minutes ago, so our cars are off the boat for processing and transport...
Old 11-20-2014, 09:59 PM
easy888
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, that is efficient and quick.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Polaris Leader docked at 6:00 am PST on Thursday, 11/20 and sailed again at 4:49 pm same day. Our cars are now sitting on the dock being tagged by local National City thugs!
Old 11-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Bruno Giacomelli
Instructor

Question

Ironic. Polaris Leader is now docked and unloading in Long Beach...
Old 11-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Bruno Giacomelli
Instructor

Latest status from my dealer a moment ago - looks like they're moving pretty qucikly:

• NA10 PDI in (COMPLETED)
• NA19 PDI finished (COMPLETED)
• V810 release for transport - Monroney printed (NOT COMPLETED)
Old 11-21-2014, 07:35 PM
armbar
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got this message from my SA...."I wanted to let you know, that your car has finished all the port actions and is awaiting a truck for delivery to the dealership."
And ....."The car will be arriving sometime next week my guess would be before Thanksgiving."

We're on final approach!
Old 11-22-2014, 12:18 AM
easy888
Instructor

Originally Posted by armbar
I just got this message from my SA...."I wanted to let you know, that your car has finished all the port actions and is awaiting a truck for delivery to the dealership."
And ....."The car will be arriving sometime next week my guess would be before Thanksgiving."

We're on final approach!
Yup just got the notice.

I'm almost losing my mind.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

Do the trucking companies drop new cars off at the Porsche dealerships on weekend days . . . and do the dealerships have staff to clean and prepare the cars over the weekend days for delivery to customers?
Of course with the bank closed getting a cashier's check or money wire means waiting until after Monday anyway.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:18 PM
armbar
Instructor

Originally Posted by Scottish Pete
Do the trucking companies drop new cars off at the Porsche dealerships on weekend days . . . and do the dealerships have staff to clean and prepare the cars over the weekend days for delivery to customers?
Of course with the bank closed getting a cashier's check or money wire means waiting until after Monday anyway.
I just asked my SA the same question re whether they truck on weekends. If he gets back to me I'll let you know.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:11 PM
easy888
Instructor

Todd,

I just came back from the dealership (for something else) but so far no deliveries.

Was told that once the cars are on the last leg to the dealership they have no visibility of the schedule but that it could take anywhere from 1-3 days. However as they share the trucks owned by BMW, should there have been BMWs off the PL those cars may get priority to be delivered by the transport trucks.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:18 PM
armbar
Instructor

Ok. And here is what my guy said, "Trucks do come on weekends, but the car will be officially released for transport on Monday and we hope to have it at the dealer before thanks giving. I will let you know as soon as it arrives."
Trying to be patient.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:26 PM
easy888
Instructor

I must have drove by 4 times today, sometimes purposely out of the way from my destinations, just to peek if a transport truck had arrived by chance!
Old 11-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Scottish Pete
Racer

My dealership in Fresno just e-mailed me at 2:09 pm Saturday:
"Hello Pete, I got great news your car is just waiting for the truck to pick it up and bring it to us. Once picked up it take 3 to 7 days to get here. I will let you know when it gets here."

Since the new Fresno dealer (out of Seattle) bought both the Porsche/Audi and the BMW dealerships in Fresno last year and built two new dealership buildings next to each other . . . having some BMW cars on their way to their BMW dealership next door should help speed the truck to Fresno.
One of my friends who owns a Southern California car hauler business has never taken more than 48 hours to deliver even out of state. The BMW trucks may require only one accurate log book though.
Nice to see they finished all your GT3 cars and finally got to my lowly Carrera S

Quick Reply: Desperately......Polaris Leader