Sponsored by:

The Official 991 GT3 pic thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 02:46 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
JCBH, and how do they reckon the 991 GT3 stacks up generally speaking?
^^Interested in this too!
Old 01-25-2015, 03:08 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

So if you avoid a dealer wash and do a paint correction, but one day dealer washes it on accident, is it game over and another correction is needed?

Originally Posted by brass4321
Dealer did wash it. My first time ordering a new car so I wasn't really thinking about it. There were quite a few holograms and some scratches in the finish. I think that even people who are not having dealer wash are finding some. My detailer recently did a brand new LaFerrari and he said that its finish was worse than mine.

I also picked JBM thinking maintenance would be easier. Since I am in a condo building I can't really wash mine, so I settled on having C-Quartz applied. My detailer said to take it through a touchless car wash once a week and go back to him every month or so for a $60 maintenance wash, plus reload maybe every 3-4 months. That's something I can manage. I'll just watch Money's detailing videos and imagine I'm doing the same.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts
Default Beautiful Day

Just finished a nice Sunday drive!

Last edited by Maverick787; 03-22-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:35 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
JCBH, and how do they reckon the 991 GT3 stacks up generally speaking?
Hi, Mark.
They absolutely love the 991 GT3. They consider it the benchmark at this time, and anything else really needs to be compared to our cars, hence this comparo. They really wanted to drive the Z06 C7 back to back with my car, and refresh their memory about it, right away. It confirmed all that they remembered. Really neat to hear. Mostly everything else that is comparable costs so much more, and this reaffirms why our cars will not drop in value. It is just the best value out there, and our cars are such that you can drive them everyday. I already have 6k miles on mine, and I couldn't drive it for 4 months of the past year I have had it. That is more miles than I have put on any sports car this quickly, and I have 4 cars that I drive all the time, so that is saying something. I just keep going for this car on a regular basis.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Maverick787, sunshine and lovely weather in ATL? I cannot wait for spring and summer!
This morning however was sunny and beautiful but we're expecting snow tonight on the Cumberland Plateau. We had snow the night before last and I thought that would be it.
Yesterday morning I took these pics in my back yard...thats just about as far as the cups would go!

Old 01-25-2015, 04:37 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I would give my pinky to chat with jethro bovington, what ana amazing experience to meet the evo crew. Been buying that magazine since issue #1.

Did they powerslide your car, kind of like Ron Jeremy blinking your girl but it's ok because you can tell the story?
Jethro is terrific. He is such a great personality, and like many Brits, he has great opinions that he is happy to share. Very great guy, love his writing, love his driving, and getting to spend 2 days with them, and a great celebratory dinner afterwards, was really fun. Had to have them visit my garage, which was fun. Wanted to show them my older 1986 911 and garage that I had told them about.
Regarding driving, yes, I gave that example to a friend - funny that you said that.
Weird but still seemed right?
Old 01-25-2015, 06:58 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Jeff,

just saw this - that's so cool that they pictured your car. What issue? I'm about to fly to Heathrow today, so I'll pick up a hard copy. Seeing your car, noobies will think the new GT3 comes loaded with "everything carbon fibre".

My car is getting a wrap in Ohio. Won't see it till about Feb 25th.

Best,

Vivian
Old 01-25-2015, 07:08 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Hey Jeff, just saw this - that's so cool that they pictured your car. What issue? I'm about to fly to Heathrow today, so I'll pick up a hard copy. Seeing your car, noobies will think the new GT3 comes loaded with "everything carbon fibre". My car is getting a wrap in Ohio. Won't see it till about Feb 25th. Best, Vivian
Think it is the January? issue. Just came out on iPad today. It has the Z06 on the cover.
Funny about that - I was taking the Evo guys what was stock and what was optioned from the factory, and what was aftermarket. Quite a compliment to companies like MACarbon whose products match so well with factory parts.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Hi, Mark. They absolutely love the 991 GT3. They consider it the benchmark at this time, and anything else really needs to be compared to our cars, hence this comparo. They really wanted to drive the Z06 C7 back to back with my car, and refresh their memory about it, right away. It confirmed all that they remembered. Really neat to hear. Mostly everything else that is comparable costs so much more, and this reaffirms why our cars will not drop in value. It is just the best value out there, and our cars are such that you can drive them everyday. I already have 6k miles on mine, and I couldn't drive it for 4 months of the past year I have had it. That is more miles than I have put on any sports car this quickly, and I have 4 cars that I drive all the time, so that is saying something. I just keep going for this car on a regular basis.
Amen!!!

Last edited by Macca; 01-26-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:42 PM
CP_DXB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Congratulations! It looks great with the black wheels.

So, one week in and off to the track!
Yes, I was quick to get it on the track but I didn't push it too hard
Old 01-25-2015, 11:50 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

These two photo,s are breath taking ...........well done

Originally Posted by Haku
Maverick787, sunshine and lovely weather in ATL? I cannot wait for spring and summer!
This morning however was sunny and beautiful but we're expecting snow tonight on the Cumberland Plateau. We had snow the night before last and I thought that would be it.
Yesterday morning I took these pics in my back yard...thats just about as far as the cups would go!

Old 01-26-2015, 12:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Hi, Mark.
They absolutely love the 991 GT3. They consider it the benchmark at this time, and anything else really needs to be compared to our cars, hence this comparo. They really wanted to drive the Z06 C7 back to back with my car, and refresh their memory about it, right away. It confirmed all that they remembered. Really neat to hear. Mostly everything else that is comparable costs so much more, and this reaffirms why our cars will not drop in value. It is just the best value out there, and our cars are such that you can drive them everyday. I already have 6k miles on mine, and I couldn't drive it for 4 months of the past year I have had it. That is more miles than I have put on any sports car this quickly, and I have 4 cars that I drive all the time, so that is saying something. I just keep going for this car on a regular basis.
Jeff, thanks for the comprehensive answer. I have the same miles as you and feel the same way about the car...
Old 01-26-2015, 12:59 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Haku;11985144]Maverick787, sunshine and lovely weather in ATL? I cannot wait for spring and summer!

Haku, these pictures are sick . What camera/lens are you using?
Old 01-26-2015, 04:42 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven 666
These two photo,s are breath taking ...........well done
Thank you. As usual, the subject is so photogenic.

Originally Posted by silverrules

Haku, these pictures are sick . What camera/lens are you using?
Thank you. I've recently switched to the new full frame mirrorless Sony A7ii with the kit 28-70mm lens that came with it. I've been shooting in manual mode and am still experimenting and getting used to it.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:58 AM
englebert
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic photos and setting!

Quick Reply: The Official 991 GT3 pic thread