Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally here GR GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 12:09 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats. I love the combo, very classic!
Old 10-25-2014, 02:19 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
I dunno if the pic is going to show up with quotes, but those Turbo wheels look good on any 911. Wish Porsche Trquipment would do "An Ode" to them like they did the Fuchs wheels. It's just the The Real Turbo wheels that were fitted to Turbos had hollow spokes while the non Turbo Look did not have hollow spokes.
It wasn't quite that simple but your point is still spot on. I wish they still made them. The hollow spokes were an option on the non turbo wide body cars, like my c2s, pictured. The way you can tell is where the spoke meets the wheel on the hollows it's smooth and curved, the solid spokes had a ridge line there. But none of this is neither here nor there...you are right that this one had the solids
Old 10-25-2014, 09:38 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Hello Again all, Hello Ken and thank you for the kind words.

At your request, and for people who may be on the fence, here are my red gauges. I originally wanted yellow face gauges, but alas, this is not available on the GT3. I would have paid a larger premium for yellow, but being I couldn't I took a chance on red and I am very happy I did. Please note, at night with the headlights on, they simply black out ( the red turns black) so it does not show any red at night, but luckily I drive mostly in the day.

The interesting thing is the parts of the car that I like the most were the most reasonably priced. Free sport design wheel, 860 for gauges, 325 for wheels and 350 for red seatbelts.

I will take a night pix of the gauges and post for people who are on the fence. Don't pay attention to the TPS failure, it spazzed out yesterday and today and it appeared to reset itself this afternoon. I checked the tire pressures manually and they are fine.

Thank you

Rich
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2014, 10:07 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Default gauges at night

Hello all, I hope this helps some decide on their options. I had to guess and hope that I liked it. I am very pleased with them and feel they were worth the price.

The first pix is with the flash on, and the second is with the flash off.

I am told that if you schedule an appointment with a special Porsche rep, they can show you every option in detail on your build to assist you with your choice. I am not sure why their configurator doesn't give more detail.

Here you go
Old 10-25-2014, 10:08 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

pix
Attached Images   
Old 10-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Great looking car. I have the same combination on order.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:32 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

The same on order!!! You have good taste!!! I see it may be a Christmas present for yourself..

One year, on Christmas Eve, I decided to take my Viper for a spin being the snow had not yet started and there was no road salt. My neighbor watched with disgust as me and my obnoxious car go sideways down the road. I didn't mean to show an unnecessary display of power, it was simply cold street and cold performance tires. I didn't wreck.

Anyway, take it easy in December when it arrives and I hope you love it!!!

Quick Reply: Finally here GR GT3