Sponsored by:

No Looking Back

Old 10-24-2014, 07:58 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I have. That road seems to go on forever. IIRC not all of it appeared on my GPS and I wasn't sure where/if it would ever come out anywhere....
It does keep going and going but it does end, right here!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by david
It does keep going and going but it does end, right here!
Haven't been to that place. Looks good!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:54 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Haven't been to that place. Looks good!
Diavola is yummy and a long line of Porsches in Geyserville would be a sight (even with a measly white 997.2 C4S in the lineup...if you big boys let me and other lesser steads tag along!)
Old 10-25-2014, 03:38 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
First off, thanks again Lar for the chance for some seat time in Scarlett. You know how I love redheads! Thanks also to Mike for joining us for the fun and being a rational and calm contributor to this board in the face occasional insanity.

The section I got to drive was highway 175 between 101 and Lakeport (take a look on the map to see how awesome a stretch of road it is). As many know, I love my GT3 and have been skeptical of the 991 GT3 after having a decent amount of seat time in the 991 C2S. By comparison, I found the 991 incredibly capable but dull. The 991 GT3 is a totally different animal. I said it more than once when I got out of the car, "the drivetrain is epic!". I found regular PDK really good but not at all engaging. Same with the electric / numb steering. The 991 GT3's calibrations are on a different level: super fast nearly telepathic shifts; steering with good weight and more than enough communication to the driver to let you know what the car is doing and how to put it where you want it. I was thinking of posting a thread after driving the car about the debate over hydraulic vs. electric and how, if other cars were calibrated like this, I would prefer electric...but that's for another thread. There is a ton of grip, a really quiet interior. The only thing I really wanted different in this car was a set of sport buckets. Add that and it's pretty much perfect.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't already plugged in my wants into the configurator before driving Lar's car. Unfortunately for me, I deeply emotionally attached to my current car and didn't have the same reaction as Lar in that I no longer enjoyed my 997.2. On the way home, I still loved it. It also helps to delay the instant gratification response that I already have a Macan headed for delivery this week or next and a big remodel on top of that.

For now, the 991 GT3 is square on my radar. I'm still holding out for the GT4 announcement though before I make my next jump. But in reality, it's either the 991 GT3 or GT4.
Wow, awesome report. Thank you.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:41 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
lar is ruining all the H patter diehards.
after 30 miles of that beet, i ordered mine
Originally Posted by mooty
PDKS
If it's good enough for mooty, it's good enough for me!
Old 10-26-2014, 02:43 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

The morning was very foggy...

Name:  DSC00275 copy.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  62.7 KB

But thankfully it turned into a beautiful California day...

Name:  DSC00282 copy.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  134.7 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Looking Back