No Looking Back

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 07:28 PM
speedoflight
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
LOL

There is nothing lazy about driving a Cup with a sequential gearbox and no ABS. Next time we're out at the track, I'm belting you in, so you can experience it first hand! Every time I get out of that car, I'm drenched in sweat. Even when it's cold outside and I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts.
that's a great idea
Old 10-23-2014, 07:57 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by speedoflight
that's a great idea
Nah mite break your pca ggr record and car the same time. I'm a severe hamfister. Speedoflight(joe)- no problem having him drive- guy has quick hands : ). Mike
Old 10-23-2014, 08:46 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
PDKS

what's egghead?

party harder, then go from party to thr drive, skip sleep. lots coffee.
"Eggheads" at Fort Bragg pictured- stellar local clam white cream based clam chowder and local crabs eggs benedict. If you staying at mendicino- can't beat the nice cottage house ambience french restaurant "Cafe Beaujolais". If into vegan(stayed there but not my cup of tea) try "Raven" restasurant at the Stanford Inn- by the way sometime in Nov- mendicino has there annual "Mushroom and Wine Festival' and head chef of "Raven" will be head chef overseeing the mushroom and wine festival. Wineries to stop by as you take a leisurely drive thru the redwood tree laden hw 128 are Goldeneye(owned by Duckhorn)/ Navarro Vineyards/ and Toulousse Winery(be careful- its gravel road and uphill). mike
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
+1

Oof, you guys net up at 6am? Damn. I need my beauty sleep.

Would love to join you all some day up in NorCal.
Wasn't quite that bad although mooty and Lar had to come the furthest so I think they left around 6. We actually were supposed to all get together in Santa Rosa at 7:30am.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:10 PM
rookie1
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome trip, once my GT3 arrives in February I'd love to join you guys for another run
Old 10-24-2014, 12:55 AM
PANHEAD201
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL

There is nothing lazy about driving a Cup with a sequential gearbox and no ABS. Next time we're out at the track, I'm belting you in, so you can experience it first hand! Every time I get out of that car, I'm drenched in sweat. Even when it's cold outside and I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts.
Late 60,s,early 70,s do a 4 hour stretch in full Nomex before anybody invented a cool suit.Only thing showing was your eyeballs,a place for the sweat to go,leaning back against 500hp.It used to get a little warm.I'd do it again in a heartbeat.............Dtd'nt have to hide the car,just the price.A lot of times the last zero used to fall off.Every time I bought a car she bought a horse.Great pics.Great trip.........Thanks
Old 10-24-2014, 02:01 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 888 Likes on 336 Posts

For a GT4, PDK-S and keep my 997.2. That's my perfect garage.

Mike, the plan B for this trip was 128 from 101 to the Pacific. That's on my list for the next run.

Seems like there's a lot of interest in future drives. I used to organize runs down in LA and I'm more than happy to plan/organize for this group. Rules are simple: leave early to avoid the cops (Larry Cable and others may be out; shame); drive within your ability; no crossing double yellow. If you're interested in starting a list, PM me your email easier to do that way since there are many here across the 996/997/991 GT3 forums.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:41 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Mike, the plan B for this trip was 128 from 101 to the Pacific. That's on my list for the next run.
Chris, great road. I drove that not too long ago while putting on some break-in miles. Terrific choice for next time.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:51 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

I had the pleasure of taking a road trip with some fellow Rennlisters. Mike in CA, Mooty and ChrisF. We were quite a sight, two shiny new red GT3s, alongside a 4 liter RS and 3.8 liter GT3. Chris was itching to get some seat time in my new GT3, and, what with his ride being the identical twin of my original GT3, Gisele, I was more than happy to oblige. We did the swap while we were on a mountainous twisty section. Slipping into the GT2 seats was like putting on a favorite pair of loafers. I even remembered how to use all three pedals. However, a dozen or so turns into the ride, I was desperate to get back into my girl Scarlett. She is just so damn easy to drive, and drive fast at the limit. The road was hairpin after hairpin. Nothing but 2nd and 3rd gear. And, to keep up, you needed to be constantly shifting gears. I found rowing the gears by hand to be slow and tedious. I wanted back in my car!

Chris had a huge grin on his face when we swapped back again. He quipped that it was probably the most expensive 15 miles he'd ever driven (meaning now he'll HAVE to buy a 991 GT3!).

I'm loving it and not looking back. This car is AWESOME!
Oh, let me know you do something like this next time! Sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:57 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
+1

Oof, you guys net up at 6am? Damn. I need my beauty sleep.

Would love to join you all some day up in NorCal.
i was up at 5 getting ready, making coffee. take 1 hour to get to chris' and another 30 min or so to the gathering place. on, there are cops on 19th street through SF... ask how i know.

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Oh, let me know you do something like this next time! Sounds like a lot of fun.
max, i think i have ur old email addy.
you are always coped on these drives.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:09 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Did that route couple of year ago on way to Mendocino. Awesome road, though I was in my M3, have a feeling GT3 might scrape few places.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:50 PM
PANHEAD201
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If any of any of you ever get the chance,I used to commute from Telluride Co to Pueblo Co.Home every Friday,back every Sun,afternoon Mon. morning.250 miles of incredible.After Nov. 1st it was Subaru country.Spring and fall were beautiful.

Last edited by PANHEAD201; 10-24-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

Sounds like a great time!
Looks like Porsche accomplished what they wanted to - a GT3 that's easier to drive and a better DD than the prior iterations. Will January ever arrive?!?!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:13 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

For a GT4, PDK-S and keep my 997.2. That's my perfect garage.

Seems like there's a lot of interest in future drives. I used to organize runs down in LA and I'm more than happy to plan/organize for this group. Rules are simple: leave early to avoid the cops (Larry Cable and others may be out; shame); drive within your ability; no crossing double yellow. If you're interested in starting a list, PM me your email easier to do that way since there are many here across the 996/997/991 GT3 forums.
Sounds like an incredible drive!

I'm in when the next drive rolls around. (I believe that you have my contact info.)

P.S. There are much better roads on the north coast than 128 but it ain't bad. For instance, has anyone ever driven from Sea Ranch to Geyserville via Annapolis Rd / Stewarts Point /Skaggs?!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by david
P.S. There are much better roads on the north coast than 128 but it ain't bad. For instance, has anyone ever driven from Sea Ranch to Geyserville via Annapolis Rd / Stewarts Point /Skaggs?!
I have. That road seems to go on forever. IIRC not all of it appeared on my GPS and I wasn't sure where/if it would ever come out anywhere....

Quick Reply: No Looking Back