Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 05:51 PM
PcarFL
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not mine nor the my buddies I drove a few weeks ago. Oh well.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got my SW exhaust installed. In one word: awesome!!!! I have to also say that Dan and Alex have been great. When my dealer slacked off they made it happen
Old 10-25-2014, 11:18 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

^^
Then I suggest you stand on the side of the road and have your buddy drive by
you and upshift 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc at 7000 RPM... and if your car doesn't
sound like this, then there is something wrong with it.
Just kidding... this is the cup car! But having said that, that car has headers
and open exhaust which is not a fair comparison if your car doesn't.
Nevertheless you should hear something similar, although way more muted.
The cup car sounds like a gun shot on upshifts. Your GT3 should give a nice pop though!
Old 10-25-2014, 05:43 PM
englebert
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cup car has a proper sequential gearbox and it is the aggressive ignition cuts that causes the bangs. Whilst an exhaust will make things louder, it is down to the mapping for the bang.

Personally i don't think there is a much of a bang, unless you drive through tunnels. Getting someone else to drive your car to hear it seems pointless! My Golf R with an APR map and big downpipe made much louder bangs on upshifts; they terrified people! But of course the exhaust note is not comparable to the GT3...
Old 10-25-2014, 07:18 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by englebert
The cup car has a proper sequential gearbox and it is the aggressive ignition cuts that causes the bangs. Whilst an exhaust will make things louder, it is down to the mapping for the bang. Personally i don't think there is a much of a bang, unless you drive through tunnels. Getting someone else to drive your car to hear it seems pointless! My Golf R with an APR map and big downpipe made much louder bangs on upshifts; they terrified people! But of course the exhaust note is not comparable to the GT3...
Well he said he couldn't hear it from inside the car... That's why I suggested he tries to hear what all the people outside the car hear.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:17 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Well he said he couldn't hear it from inside the car... That's why I suggested he tries to hear what all the people outside the car hear.
I think his valve is stuck. I can hear mine inside, windows up or down.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:18 AM
PcarFL
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe my reference points of boom and pop are different than others... I just don't get anything that is very noticeable. I don't think valves are stuck bc at idle I hear a difference inside the car when I toggle btw pse on and off. The tone noticeable gets deeper at idle.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:22 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PcarFL
Maybe my reference points of boom and pop are different than others... I just don't get anything that is very noticeable. I don't think valves are stuck bc at idle I hear a difference inside the car when I toggle btw pse on and off. The tone noticeable gets deeper at idle.
Do you hear a difference shifting above 4000 rpm under hard acceleration between PSE on or off? If not, valve is stuck. It is a noticeable difference inside and outside the car. My kids both noticed it the first time I took them for a ride.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:35 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Do you hear a difference shifting above 4000 rpm under hard acceleration between PSE on or off? If not, valve is stuck. It is a noticeable difference inside and outside the car. My kids both noticed it the first time I took them for a ride.
This valve that everyone speaks of, is it the vacuum controlled pse valves by the exhaust or the air intake resonance flaps ?
Old 03-28-2015, 04:29 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

I know PSE has been beat to death, but I'm starting to doubt that mine is functioning correctly. From what I've read on the forum (including in this thread), you should be able to hear a noticeable difference at idle with PSE on and off. I don't hear a difference. I've tried it both ways idle outside, idling in the garage, and idling with the door open in the garage.

Is the difference really that obvious that it can't be missed at idle?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by horns
I know PSE has been beat to death, but I'm starting to doubt that mine is functioning correctly. From what I've read on the forum (including in this thread), you should be able to hear a noticeable difference at idle with PSE on and off. I don't hear a difference. I've tried it both ways idle outside, idling in the garage, and idling with the door open in the garage. Is the difference really that obvious that it can't be missed at idle?
I had a similar issue with my boxster spyder. It could be a few causes but in my case, the vacuum tubing developed a crack. Easy fix.

Quick Reply: Exhaust