Sponsored by:

Porsche 911 GT3 RS Virtually Undisguised

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 04:01 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
However, down the line, a little 'Bordello Red' alcantara' seat inlays & headliners could pop up again in some limited versions of a future RS!
Originally Posted by <3mph
Interesting that the "blutorange" one also has a matching orange CS package and orange alcantara seat inserts! (photo 1, I've increased the saturation and exposure to show this better)
I don't know if this is what you were referring to specifically, but one of the RS mules seen in CA seemed to have coloured seat inserts in its (ROW-type???) buckets (as posted in the 911RS Consolidated thread--I've reattached the still photo I grabbed from the video showing this). I didn't realize this had a historical precedent in the 4.0. Very interesting, since it looks like it might reappear again as soon as on the 991 RS!
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
I feel we must surender our girls at the door, before we sample some of this marvelous collection and enjoy the good company. Mark
Well, in the original business model of the 'Cabaret' as I learned at Penn's Wharton & Columbia Business School, the girls* are supplied by the establishment! It's a profit center, just like the bar & other amenities of our fine operation! For the record, my attorney has asked me to clarify that under California's progressive statutes, our establishment can not discriminate based on the sex, or even sexual orientation, of our employees. So the 'girls' might be boys that look like girls or vice-a-versa! Same same, but different!

Originally Posted by <3mph
I don't know if this is what you were referring to specifically, but one of the RS mules seen in CA seemed to have coloured seat inserts in its (ROW-type???) buckets (as posted in the 911RS Consolidated thread--I've reattached the still photo I grabbed from the video showing this). I didn't realize this had a historical precedent in the 4.0. Very interesting, since it looks like it might reappear again as soon as on the 991 RS!
Yes. So we might not have to wait for a LE to see colorful Alcantara® inserts. Alcantara S.p.A. in Italy offers a variety of colors for its products. So if indeed one of the special exterior hues offered in the 991 gt3 RS is 'Blutorange / Tangerine', a historical early 911 color, I would expect that the factory might indulge the interior with some 'orange' Alcantara® bits as an option!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 10-25-2014, 05:03 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, in the original business model of the 'Cabaret' as I learned at Penn's Wharton & Columbia Business School, the girls* are supplied by the establishment! It's a profit center, just like the bar & other amenities of our fine operation! .
LOL... I am all for the business model and God forbid I mess with a good thing. What I meant by our girls, are our beautiful sexy GT3's. Must surender the keys to you before devouring or consuming such a great selection, while enjoying a great company. It is the responsible thing to do
Old 10-25-2014, 05:19 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Seems Eduardo is partaking in some non-PTS single malt while he photoshopped that last pic.. Oh my eyes!!!!!

I'm in Carmel 2x/month for work, would be cool to grab a coffee and hear your knowledge firsthand.. I'll pm you next time
Old 10-25-2014, 07:50 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Eduardo is indeed a fascinating person and an exceptional host. It was my privilege to visit his beautiful home in Carmel. Damn nice garage too!
My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting Eduardo's home this past August. His wife and he are gracious hosts and have a beautiful home and an exceptional garage.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
What I meant by our girls, are our beautiful sexy GT3's. Must surender the keys to you before devouring or consuming such a great selection, while enjoying a great company.
Mark: I have asked the authorities for permission for a 'drive-through', but they haven't responded yet. The logistics get a little tricky - girls, booze and automobiles - but I'm hopeful. The concept is not new to our country - we invented the Drive-In Movie Theaters! And frankly, it's not that different from what goes on at the Monterey Historics! In our case, it would just be year-round and not limited to Ferrari owners & their young trophy wives or girlfriends! And if this was Washington State or Colorado, I could add cannabis to the mix! Is this a great country...or what?

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Seems Eduardo is partaking in some non-PTS single malt while he photoshopped that last pic.. Oh my eyes!!!!!

I'm in Carmel 2x/month for work, would be cool to grab a coffee and hear your knowledge firsthand.. I'll pm you next time
PM or email next time you are in town. We can talk about garage access and driveway elevation grades all day long!

Originally Posted by jfr0317
My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting Eduardo's home this past August. His wife and he are gracious hosts and have a beautiful home and an exceptional garage.
John, it was a pleasure hosting you and Jenny at our home a few months ago! We need to meet in Houston next!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 10-26-2014, 12:00 AM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Mark: I have asked the authorities for permission for a 'drive-through', but they haven't responded yet. The logistics get a little tricky - girls, booze and automobiles - but I'm hopeful. The concept is not new to our country - we invented the Drive-In Movie Theaters! And frankly, it's not that different from what goes on at the Monterey Historics! In our case, it would just be year-round and not limited to Ferrari owners & their young trophy wives or girlfriends! And if this was Washington State or Colorado, I could add cannabis to the mix! Is this a great country...or what?

PM or email next time you are in town. We can talk about garage access and driveway elevation grades all day long!

John, it was a pleasure hosting you and Jenny at our home a few months ago! We need to meet in Houston next!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

We are ready and waiting, Eduardo! We also have our place in Austin as well! Hope you can visit us soon!
Old 10-26-2014, 02:06 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I was going to bring the 50th by Eduardos house this summer during Histronics but we couldnt coordinate for some reason. Looks like I really missed out!

Quick Reply: Porsche 911 GT3 RS Virtually Undisguised