Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS: Entered Production Yesterday

Old 10-20-2014, 01:18 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by CrossThread
OK - So you are saying I am writing a check for a 20K deposit on Tuesday for a car that cannot be delivered? Do I call B.S. on the dealer and pass on it?

Oh and the color choices did not help much, that green also looks crazy good.
Maybe the dealer is confused about PTS availability? My car is being built the first week of December, and arrives early February in the US, and the options lock the first week of November.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:38 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

OK - So you are saying I am writing a check for a 20K deposit on Tuesday for a car that cannot be delivered? Do I call B.S. on the dealer and pass on it?

Maybe ask your dealer to go over with you again what they think the deal is with PTS. AFAIK PTS requires 3 months advanced planning to get the colour approved and specially manufactured/outsourced coloured parts lined up for production (for colours already on the approved list--i.e. approved for 991 911). If you lock on the 20th of Oct, that means you'd be looking at roughly a late Jan production--and so far there has been no word of any PTS GT3s in January. Other customers have had their Feb builds declined for PTS, and my Dec PTS may be one of the only ones in that month.

Just be wary of what the dealer is offering, since it doesn't add up with other customers' experiences. I would be absolutely certain the deposit is fully refundable if they cannot deliver what you are asking for.

Now on the other hand, if you're happy to go with a non-PTS colour, you may be able to lock an order on the 20th for perhaps late Nov or Dec production. So, yes, you could get a car still--just probably not PTS.

Good luck! And I hope you get the PTS somehow--would be nice to have another one up in the PNW (I'm in BC).
Old 10-20-2014, 01:38 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

OK - So you are saying I am writing a check for a 20K deposit on Tuesday for a car that cannot be delivered?
Yes...essentially.*

Do I call B.S. on the dealer and pass on it?
Yes & No. Yes - Ask him to have 'Porsche Exclusive' at PCNA Atlanta verify to you in writing that your dealer can lock in a PTS color at this late date for a 991 gt3 allocation. No - You might find that a standard color 991 gt3 is better than no 991 gt3 at all!

For your next PTS experience (now or later), take a look at the latest PAG PTS approved list (attached). You have a lot of possibilities and all depends on your taste & personal preferences.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*The sad reality is that if your dealer is able to get PTS on this late MY2015 allocation, our own Mr. Sullivan in this fine gt3 forum will most likely either kill himself or kill his Porsche dealer. For his sake, let us hope that your dealer can't deliver on his promise!

Attached Images  
Attached Images
Old 10-20-2014, 03:13 AM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with Green any one of the ones Eduardo displayed they look unbelievable.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:47 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Yes...essentially.*

Yes & No. Yes - Ask him to have 'Porsche Exclusive' at PCNA Atlanta verify to you in writing that your dealer can lock in a PTS color at this late date for a 991 gt3 allocation. No - You might find that a standard color 991 gt3 is better than no 991 gt3 at all!

For your next PTS experience (now or later), take a look at the latest PAG PTS approved list (attached). You have a lot of possibilities and all depends on your taste & personal preferences.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*The sad reality is that if your dealer is able to get PTS on this late MY2015 allocation, our own Mr. Sullivan in this fine gt3 forum will most likely either kill himself or kill his Porsche dealer. For his sake, let us hope that your dealer can't deliver on his promise!

haha LOL...

yes, so true.

actually, as I have always said, I would be very happy for any rennlister to achieve PTS... don't confuse jealous and frustration with Porsche as being targeted at one of our own clan...

having said that, I do strongly doubt this dealer knows what they are talking about...

there are several of us (I am not the only), who have "contacts" at PCNA and/or PAG and make a hard run at this in the months of August/September with no luck... just to many data point for there all of a sudden to be open PTS opportunities...
Old 10-20-2014, 10:11 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
haha LOL...

yes, so true.

actually, as I have always said, I would be very happy for any rennlister to achieve PTS... don't confuse jealous and frustration with Porsche as being targeted at one of our own clan...

having said that, I do strongly doubt this dealer knows what they are talking about...

there are several of us (I am not the only), who have "contacts" at PCNA and/or PAG and make a hard run at this in the months of August/September with no luck... just to many data point for there all of a sudden to be open PTS opportunities...
Just in case, when we meet at PCNA in Atlanta which of us will bring the torches??
Old 10-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

I guess they decided to do all the PTS at the same time.

After telling me I had 19 September completion, my SA now tells me body shell is painted and headed for custom tailoring with completion 'maybe around the end of the month.'

After all the conflicting stories I've been told by my dealer, at this point I think it's equally likely he'll call to say they forgot to make my car or the car is here, pick it up.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jamie140
After all the conflicting stories I've been told by my dealer, at this point I think it's equally likely he'll call to say they forgot to make my car or the car is here, pick it up.
No. In fact your car was already built and picked up at the factory...but not by you! Apparently, someone is having a grand old time with it in the autobahns of das vaterland! Do you have any relatives in Pforzheim, Baden-Württemberg?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS Don't care much for the gt3 stickers. If you ever get it back Jamie, please take those silly things off!

Attached Images    
Old 10-21-2014, 12:05 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Beautiful color; but what a shame they painted the bottom plastic parts... The black looks so racecar
Old 10-21-2014, 12:38 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
No. In fact your car was already built and picked up at the factory...but not by you! Apparently, someone is having a grand old time with it in the autobahns of das vaterland! Do you have any relatives in Pforzheim, Baden-Württemberg?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS Don't care much for the gt3 stickers. If you ever get it back Jamie, please take those silly things off!

Ha ha. Wouldnt be surprised!
Old 10-21-2014, 03:57 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,788 Likes on 2,157 Posts

I don't get why Porsche is making it this hard to get an approved PTS color....hell I bet that's one of their highest margin options. Don't these guys want to make more money on the GT3s that they sell????
Old 10-21-2014, 09:49 AM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Update from dealer on my PTS:

Originally V260 was 12/5/14, now moved to 1/16/2015

V270 from 12/12/14 to 1/23/2015

Seems like PTS is all over the place.....
Old 10-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS one of the highest profit margin options? Nein!

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I don't get why Porsche is making it this hard to get an approved PTS color....hell I bet that's one of their highest margin options. Don't these guys want to make more money on the GT3s that they sell????
And you would lose on that bet! See post #34 on this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post11587570

As a matter of fact, let me make a prediction here at Rennlist on this subject. It would not surprise me if PAG substantially raises the price of the PTS option starting with the .2 991 facelift in MY2016 to perhaps $6500 from the current $5500! Even at that price, it's a negative or marginal revenue option for the business enterprise considering all the additional costs (testing, planning, logistics, et al.) & warranty contingency reserves. The actual cost of ordering the unique PTS paint & spray booth prep time in assembly are minor compared to these other 'headaches'. It's the rest of the 'custom ordering' elements in PTS that gets expensive for an ongoing business, especially when you deviate from normal series production paint colors. Even at $6500, PTS is a damn bargain for you the Porsche consumer! Just think outside the box for a minute and you'll understand what I am talking about.

But I am with you that if PAG & 'Porsche Exclusive' would do a better job of explaining the process (PTS windows/how they work), they would do themselves and their customers a big favor! As most of you know, I am a well known booster of 'Porsche Exclusive' & it's options But I am also the biggest critic of their operation, especially how it's run out of PCNA for our North American market! In the particular case with MY2015 gt3, Porsche should have handed out the new allocations to dealers much earlier to allow for the normal 3 month minimum requirement between a locked order & PTS built completion. This delay in handing out allocations was responsible for PAG's inability to accommodate PTS on these new orders (as opposed those '14 PTS clients that got pushed into '15 builds & will get their PTS). Even if PCNA 'Porsche Exclusive' is not responsible for the delay in allocations, they should have done a better job of explaining the inability for PAG to accommodate PTS requests for its latest gt3 customers. It's precisely this lack of effective communication skills that is hampering 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US from exploiting the full potential of custom orders in this lucrative market! And the sooner Detlev von Platen & his top executives find this out*, the better our chances are for a successful 'PTS' & 'Porsche Exclusive' experience as customers in the future!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*Mr. Sullivan - why don't you take this message to your contacts at PCNA!

Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2014, 08:22 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Re: No PTS - Build still available

Posted elsewhere today by member CrossThread!

"No PTS...As discussed in another PTS thread, the dealer was wrong on being able to order a PTS this late in the game. They do have one build allocation that I am giving up that needs to be locked in soon, and a white car in route."

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...available.html

Thus I dedicate this tune EXCLUSIVELY to CrossThread!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Last edited by Z356; 10-21-2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: To delete 'Porsche of Spokane' from my dedication! It's all now for you, CrossThread!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:58 PM
wundernutt
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No BS on PTS

I am the individual at Porsche of Spokane who was in contact with member "Crossthread". At no time did I imply that I could get a December build in PTS. We were discussing the build based on this directive contained in his last email:

"I am hearing that it is too late for a PTS in Maritime Blue and I should:
Ask him to have 'Porsche Exclusive' at PCNA Atlanta verify to you in writing that your dealer can lock in a PTS color at this late date for a 991 gt3 allocation. If the car is not PTS I will spec it different due color of PCCB and stitching. The car I want will be under $160,000.00 and I have no problem making the required deposit."

I did in fact confirm with Porsche Exclusive, and I informed the client that PTS was NOT an option for this build on the same day. All subsequent discussion was, at least on my part, based on him choosing a different color.

It would seem he did not receive my initial correspondence where I told him PTS was off the table. No ones fault, just the nature of email communication.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PTS: Entered Production Yesterday