Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So how do you like driving it?
Old 10-12-2014, 10:03 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 163 Posts

Loved your previous 991 thread Money!!
Once i read your recent posts with the '991 C2S issue', i felt terrible for you.
Especially, after all the mods and loving you gave it.

Anyways, I'm certainly glad you got your GT3, as i could tell you wanted that instead.
I learned at an early age that compromising is NOT worth it (to me).
Everytime i 'settled' on something almost as good but cheaper....
I thought about what it would have been like if i had gotten the real deal instead.

This happened on numerous occasions and I hated every minute of it.
I just learned i have to save longer to get what i really want the first time.

I bought my first Porsche about a year ago and went straight for the Turbo (Cayenne).
The past 6 months, all i can think about is my next Porsche.
It WILL be a GT3.

I look forward to following this thread.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:09 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Awesome pictures of an awesome car.

Bummer about the side marker - at least they are inexpensive.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:46 PM
pg103
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Money2536
Reserved.
Congrats Money!!! Beautiful Car. I called Ocala and was about put a deposit down for that same allocation a couple of weeks ago (they had my cc but told them to hold it for a day). However, my local dealer was able to find me one before giving them the deposit.….what a small world.

Please share your experience with us. I would love to know what's your thought on the car. I don't really track much myself. Enjoy the car!!!
Old 10-12-2014, 11:29 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Great job on the new car, looking forward to more excellent journaling.

Jeff
Old 10-12-2014, 11:56 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 173 Posts

Oh man, you just made me rethink my color choice! Congrats!!!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:26 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Oh man, you just made me rethink my color choice! Congrats!!!
Lol...I have been locked since 10/7.... It really is a relief.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:18 AM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

such a gorgeous car. now down to some serious business, how's the paint?
Old 10-13-2014, 02:31 AM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by Money2536
Reserved.
howd you get your pics to stay so sharp as attachments? mine looked like crap, figured it was the crappy compression that got applied after i attached them on here.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:36 AM
HKILP7M8
7th Gear

Absolutely beautiful...
Old 10-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by mainly
howd you get your pics to stay so sharp as attachments? mine looked like crap, figured it was the crappy compression that got applied after i attached them on here.
I was just thinking they don't look nearly as good as they do in Camera RAW. I export them at 100% quality from RAW to JPG files using LightRoom. Then I upload them to Picasa. For some reason this time the compression made them a bit yellow. I'd like to switch to Flickr, but I've been using Picasa for so long that I'm stuck with it.

Once the photos are in Picasa, I simply view the images one by one, right clicking and selecting "COPY IMAGE LOCATION." Then paste into the "INSERT IMAGE" prompt in Rennlist.

Originally Posted by 991999R
such a gorgeous car. now down to some serious business, how's the paint?
The paint is in really good shape considering I think the car had to be shipped to Atlanta to have the motor replaced and then on to the dealer. I'm knows it's been washed a few times and they slopped some kind of wax on it.

I got my Brinkman light out last night. There is a weird hologram on the wing and what looks like some wet sanding marks on the rear deck lid. The rest of the car looks great. I'll probably compound the rear decklid with Microfiber cutting pad and FG400 and just use SF4000 with a foam polishing pad on the rest of the car.

We'll see. I'm going to detail it next weekend. I did the glass and trim yesterday with Wolf's nano, so that will take some of the load off the detailing next week.

Also, I can't take the wheels off and am afraid to try due to the center locks. I'll probably buy a wrench, but I'm not sure I'm willing to commit to applying four hundred pounds of pressure with the car up in the air and someone standing on the brakes. So no Opti-Coat for the wheels. I may just slop some Auto Finesse wheel wax on the faces of the wheels.

This blue is going to look amazing jeweled with Auto Finesse Desire on it!
Old 10-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Loved your previous 991 thread Money!!
Once i read your recent posts with the '991 C2S issue', i felt terrible for you.
Especially, after all the mods and loving you gave it.

Anyways, I'm certainly glad you got your GT3, as i could tell you wanted that instead.
I learned at an early age that compromising is NOT worth it (to me).
Everytime i 'settled' on something almost as good but cheaper....
I thought about what it would have been like if i had gotten the real deal instead.

This happened on numerous occasions and I hated every minute of it.
I just learned i have to save longer to get what i really want the first time.

I bought my first Porsche about a year ago and went straight for the Turbo (Cayenne).
The past 6 months, all i can think about is my next Porsche.
It WILL be a GT3.

I look forward to following this thread.
Thanks! I would have gotten a GT3 in the beginning, but I couldn't get one and really wanted a manual. I think I will appreciate it more despite the pain my bank account has taken. The 991 GT3 really suits me.

Originally Posted by pg103
Congrats Money!!! Beautiful Car. I called Ocala and was about put a deposit down for that same allocation a couple of weeks ago (they had my cc but told them to hold it for a day). However, my local dealer was able to find me one before giving them the deposit.….what a small world.

Please share your experience with us. I would love to know what's your thought on the car. I don't really track much myself. Enjoy the car!!!
You must have been the guy they were saying they were waiting on. I only have 300 miles on the car, so I'm still collecting my thoughts. Keep checking the thread. I'll probably throw up my thoughts on the options I wanted and didn't. I'll also took photos of the first wash procedure, so I'll be sure to get that up. Detail comes this weekend, so I'll chronical it.

I'll probably do a C2S comparision around 1,000 miles, so I have a more useful knowledge base to compare. I will say it, for what I'm going to use it for, it is a better car for me than the C2S. The GT3 separates the M3/4 and makes me want to treat it more like a weekend toy rather than an alternative daily driver like the C2S. I'm liking the separtion of the two cars.

I'll keep everyone posted as I collect my thoughts.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:06 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 308 Likes on 183 Posts

WELL DONE!!! That is gorgeous.

...now if you'll just get it cleaned up....
Old 10-13-2014, 11:19 AM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Shouldn't the CCB make the need for opticoat on the wheels less urgent?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:22 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!!! Love SB!!! I have a 2015 SB coming in 3 weeks. Keep us posted on the various detail products you use and why. Just like with the track junkies, I like to learn as much as I can from others.

One quick thing to ask the RL crowd. Has anyone noticed the fit/finish of the rear decklid? I have been viewing a lot of GT3s recently, and I notice the fit/finish of the decklid to be sporadic. In Money2536's car, it appears the rear decklid is overclosed by 1/8 of an inch or so, equally on both sides. It is easily noticeable because there is the 1/2" design bend at the leading edge that is supposed to match the car qtr panels. I know this piece is not metal, so I wonder if some of the fit/finish things I have been seeing are related to heat on a plastic part????? Hope not.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Money2536's Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal