Sponsored by:

Got my Euro Delivery Package!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 08:29 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Euro Delivery Package!

I know this isn't much to be excited about, but I just can't control myself!

Just got my Euro Delivery Package!!! 1 more month to go till I am see my GT3 in Germany!

For those that have been there and done it, any advise?

Does anyone know if comprehensive insurance is included? Porsche states that collision coverage and third-party liability insurance are included, but what if the car get stolen in Europe?

F

Last edited by Fowwiee; 09-29-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:19 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Oooooooh. Ahhhhhhhh!

Dan (covets)
Old 09-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Fowwiee
I know this isn't much to be excited about, but I just can't control myself!

Just got my Euro Delivery Package!!! 1 more month to go till I am see my GT3 in Germany!

For those that have been there and done it, any advise?

F
Get a good night's sleep the night before and show up early. With the factory tour, car pick up, and museum visit (must do) you'll be on complete sensory overload all day. Congrats!
Old 09-29-2014, 11:25 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Get a good night's sleep the night before and show up early. With the factory tour, car pick up, and museum visit (must do) you'll be on complete sensory overload all day. Congrats!
Getting a good night of sleep would be HARD! But you bet I will show up early... I don't know how anyone can sleep the night before!!!

I am picking the car up on Monday, so I can't do the museum on the same day! But will def do it afterwards!
Old 09-30-2014, 01:00 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Getting a good night of sleep would be HARD! But you bet I will show up early... I don't know how anyone can sleep the night before!!!

I am picking the car up on Monday, so I can't do the museum on the same day! But will def do it afterwards!
Drugs!

It may be a good thing that you're coming back the next day to do the museum; you'll be able to catch your breath and you'll have more time. Check out the factory dealership across the street as well. Since you will be returning, and likely not allowed to return to the factory grounds to park, you should park in the museum garage. IIRC it's 12 or 14 euros but well worth it....it's secure and street parking, especially on a weekday, will be hard to find.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:32 AM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Drugs!

It may be a good thing that you're coming back the next day to do the museum; you'll be able to catch your breath and you'll have more time. Check out the factory dealership across the street as well. Since you will be returning, and likely not allowed to return to the factory grounds to park, you should park in the museum garage. IIRC it's 12 or 14 euros but well worth it....it's secure and street parking, especially on a weekday, will be hard to find.
Great, I will surely park it in the IIRC, don't want to deal with insurance and etc for damages...

I really hope they will have a 918 somewhere at the factory. I have yet to see one in person yet!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:47 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

http://nurburgring.org.uk/
Old 10-01-2014, 10:51 AM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's unlikely, but there's a chance that by Nov 1st there could be winter conditions in parts of Europe that you're traveling to. You might want to arrange for a contingency set of winter tires depending on your path.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:34 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Great, I will surely park it in the IIRC, don't want to deal with insurance and etc for damages...
IIRC, IIRC = If I Remembered Correctly
Old 10-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha! I can picture you driving up and down that road going "where... Is... that IIRC garage that Mike guy was talking about. Jeez, I'm driving up and down this road and I don't see a sign for IIRC!"

In any case, congrats on the ED. Btw, what's included in the packet?
Old 10-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kencollinsjr
It's unlikely, but there's a chance that by Nov 1st there could be winter conditions in parts of Europe that you're traveling to. You might want to arrange for a contingency set of winter tires depending on your path.
Good idea, I will doubt check with Porsche, but I think Porsche requires winter tires after Nov.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
IIRC, IIRC = If I Remembered Correctly
Oh my... Stupid me!!! I was so high after getting the package...
Old 10-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Haha! I can picture you driving up and down that road going "where... Is... that IIRC garage that Mike guy was talking about. Jeez, I'm driving up and down this road and I don't see a sign for IIRC!"

In any case, congrats on the ED. Btw, what's included in the packet?
Driving up and down would be fine! Hehehe I will be in my new car! Totally fine lol!

I got the following:
2 Taxi vouchers
1 Hotel voucher
The car's window sticker
A pen
A letter of instruction
Some bookle about european delivery (the same pdf from Porsche website)
A booklet about Porsche travel club
A quick start guide for 911

Lastly, a whole bunch of typos, they typed my name wrong, they even got the date of delivery wrong!

That's all I got, not even a model car... Or key chain...
Old 10-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Vouchers are always good. Thought they would leave you high and dry. Let's hope they know that you are coming
Old 10-01-2014, 03:37 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, have a great trip!

I love Euro Delivery and I've done it a couple times with Mercedes. The last time I did it was this past April - May for my DD, a CLA45 AMG. I went from Stuttgart->Spa->Nurburgring->Cologne->Frankfurt->Prague->Berlin (I actually flew in from Italy as I celebrated Easter in Rome and then picked up the car in Stuttgart).

Here's my route GPS logged by my Canon 6D.

I would love to do it with the GT3, but my dealer is being a bit greedy. They said that I can do it, but I will have to reimburse them for their costs to do it (approx. $3,500) because I'm "getting a deal" at MSRP. So, I'm not going to do it for this car. I'm not too upset since this was a last minute purchase and I already have two very short "vacations" scheduled in Dec. and Jan. and I think I'd be scared of driving this car around Europe and worrying about parking, etc. (all of my cars that I did European Delivery for had park sensors, backup cameras and it made parking in the tiny parking structures easy, with this car, I'd be a bit worried about dinging it and or messing it up).

Quick Reply: Got my Euro Delivery Package!