Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 06:36 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

While I think we all appreciate sharing opinions and speculation on things that really haven't happened and are tough to verify, it bothers me when complete wild *** guesses are made, on things which are already known and easily verifiable. Specifically, I'm referring to posts which discuss "scrubbing" a title, or how a lemon branded title can somehow be deleted. Completely inaccurate claims of thirdhand rumors posted on here, only serve to confuse people who are trying to look for good information. So, quick link to Wikipedia should put to bed this speculation that lemon or corporate buyback titles can somehow be scrubbed. Branded titles are permanent.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_title_branding

"With the exception of 'salvage' (which may be replaced by the 'rebuilt' brand after repair and structural inspection, depending on the rules and regulations of the issuing district), the brands are permanent. Once a vehicle identification number has been associated with one of these brands, it will not be removed by authorities in that jurisdiction or in other jurisdictions with similar vehicle branding laws."
Old 09-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For some of us imagine if they allowed us to auction our cars that have a clean title what they would have gone for versus the ones with Lemon's?

Plus if we each had a 15 allocation we would not worry about not having a GT3…….

Very surprising at the dollars and how the dealers will make profit on these cars.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:39 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Branded titles are permanent.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
I have vins as I'm sure many do I will keep them not post them yet....they are well documented now and have auction history so i don't think it would hurt anything?
If you don't mind, I would like to have a copy of the vins too.

Again, would not disclose anywhere, or to anyone.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

I would like to find out from my Dealer if they bought one and how will they sell/represent it

The bottom line is I had a little anxiety about this auction and feel a lot better now knowing Porsche did not hurt us here.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Yes the titles have been marked and sent to auction. I do not believe that you will see a porsche dealer try to "scrub" title but who knows after they are sold in future. The history would present itself in some form on the autocheck report now since they went through auction. I also believe this is why porsche sold to porsche dealers only as to prevent this being done by unscrupulous people with different agendas
I understand that they were marked before auction. The question is whether they are still branded after auction. From what I was told, it's not that dealers will scrub the titles, but that the auction process itself (and it may have to do with the state where that process occurs) scrubs the title automatically.

Again, I'm not trying to argue the point about something I don't have first hand knowledge about. I'm just passing on what I was told. But if it's not true, I'm curious to hear another explanation for these selling prices that makes sense.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:49 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

i assume all these cars got the new engines?
Old 09-23-2014, 06:50 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's got to be a catch. I'm ecstatic about the prices, but why would a dealer pay almost above retail on those cars with iffy titles? I'm sure there is manufacturer support somewhere.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:50 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=promocop;11670694]'Different agenda?" Like trying to make a fast back as the market climbs? Really, we are a bright bunch here. Who in their right mind who can afford these cars (and in theory is a pretty savvy person) would not do their homework before buying one of these? Unless you are buying for cash and need to finance, the bank runs these vins to make sure they are kosher. (mine die). I don't get it[/QUOTE

First off I don't believe any Porsche store would not disclose lemon title. Are you saying that you've never met someone with more money than sense? Don't believe that everyone is like you. It's hard to believe but not impossible. I promise in a couple months you will start to see ebay ads with no forth coming info about lemon law cars and they probably moved car around title wise to wash title of lemon law.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:54 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

First off I don't believe any Porsche store would not disclose lemon title.
Why not? They aren't PCNA corporate owned, and there are unscrupulous dealers / people everywhere. It takes a lot to earn my trust, but it's very easy to lose it. (And I've been burned enough by dealers to have learned my lesson -- over 40 car transactions in the past 15 years.)
Old 09-23-2014, 06:56 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

I've even had Porsche dealers *not* disclose accidents despite me asking directly about them (and then backing it up with proof on a CarFax).
Old 09-23-2014, 06:58 PM
bhf_clt
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bhf_clt
Interesting thread. I can't imagine this is coincidental given this info, but I though you all would like to hear this. I received an email at 4:46 PM today from one of the dealers I pinged last month looking for an allocation. This is the email in its entirety; "We just bought a 2014 GT3 Sapphire Blue. We will be asking 159,990. Thought you might be interested. I can forward the build sheet if interested." Not sure what the build looks like but the price they're asking has to be at least at MSRP or higher (given the range we've typically seen).
Here's the build sheet for the car referenced in my prior post. Again, not saying this was one of the auctioned cars, but it would be a heck of a coincidence otherwise (given the timing).

Last edited by bhf_clt; 08-16-2020 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:00 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bhf_clt
Here's the build sheet for the car referenced in my prior post. Again, not saying this was one of the auctioned cars, but it would be a heck of a coincidence otherwise (given the timing).
Wow, they're asking a $20k premium.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:01 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Only 20 over for a lemon car. Such a deal. Well I guess this puts resale worries to rest.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:03 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carcommander
Only 20 over for a lemon car. Such a deal. Well I guess this puts resale worries to rest.
Maybe. As you, and everyone here knows... List price != sale price.

Only time will tell, truly.

These auction prices don't count, in my book. Unless it's truly open / wholesale auctions. These don't count as "wholesale auction results" to me, to be honest.

Quick Reply: PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today