Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 06:14 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, this is strange. I don't get it, unless we are incorrectly assuming the lemon title. In most states I believe the buyer must initiate the lemon law process. Maybe Porsche avoided this by simply buying back the cars and the titles will be clear with the exception of the buyback. That is the only way this makes sense to me.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:16 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think those cars' titles will be "laundered" before they get sold to the public. What I have been told on a manufacturer's buy back titled vehicle is that once that car is sold for a second time, it reverts to a regular title. I doubt any regular consumer will get one of those at a bargain price.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:16 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Yes, this is strange. I don't get it, unless we are incorrectly assuming the lemon title. In most states I believe the buyer must initiate the lemon law process. Maybe Porsche avoided this by simply buying back the cars and the titles will be clear with the exception of the buyback. That is the only way this makes sense to me.
It specifically said in the notes from Porsche - "lemon title" and they announced it again before each car hit the block.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:17 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
It specifically said in the notes from Porsche - "lemon title" and they announced it again before each car hit the block.
Crazy!. O'well certainly didn't affect depreciation...
Old 09-23-2014, 06:19 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Dupe post in the 991 subforum: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8355...r-auction.html

Would be awesome if someone could pull all the VIN's and dump them here for tracking purposes.
I have vins as I'm sure many do I will keep them not post them yet....they are well documented now and have auction history so i don't think it would hurt anything?
Old 09-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
No dealer was allowed to buy more than 3 cars. So that certainly is another dynamic.

I also have to believe the dealers did some homework on this and were comfortable buying lemon cars at basically no discount , even in the presence of what seems to be significant open allocations.
Is it absolutely assured that these cars will still have branded titles after this sale? I don't know much about the process but I was told early on by someone in the business that the buy back cars would go to auction and that the titles would essentially be laundered by the transaction. He basically predicted what has indeed happened with regard to pricing, although honestly I didn't believe it at the time.

If what I was told was true, it might explain the incredibly high prices brought by these cars. I'm at a loss to understand how cars with lemon titles could otherwise basically sell at retail prices, especially given your point about open allocations still being available.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:22 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Old 09-23-2014, 06:23 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
I have vins as I'm sure many do I will keep them not post them yet....they are well documented now and have auction history so i don't think it would hurt anything?
If you have all, would you mind PM'ing them to me? I will not post, nor will I share them, as I won't be the original source (you are).

Much appreciated!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Sgroer-thanks for doing this and very appreciated

I do not think it is fair to release the VINs

I am very happy what they sold for and can not edit to get him later this evening from business travel and take her for a spirited drive.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:27 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Is it absolutely assured that these cars will still have branded titles after this sale? I don't know much about the process but I was told early on by someone in the business that the buy back cars would go to auction and that the titles would essentially be laundered by the transaction. He basically predicted what has indeed happened with regard to pricing, although honestly I didn't believe it at the time.

If what I was told was true, it might explain the incredibly high prices brought by these cars. I'm at a loss to understand how cars with lemon titles could otherwise basically sell at retail prices, especially given your point about open allocations still being available.
Yes the titles have been marked and sent to auction. I do not believe that you will see a porsche dealer try to "scrub" title but who knows after they are sold in future. The history would present itself in some form on the autocheck report now since they went through auction. I also believe this is why porsche sold to porsche dealers only as to prevent this being done by unscrupulous people with different agendas
Old 09-23-2014, 06:29 PM
marz7490
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if someone else mentioned it but Porsche Finance announced they WILL lease and finance these lemons. Porsche also added a year of warranty on to the car. Not that bad but imo, why pay the exact same as you would for a non-lemon GT3?
Old 09-23-2014, 06:31 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

I keep going out of my office to look at my dirty beast! Hard to believe some of those cars sold for more than I paid.......
Old 09-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

While all states have lemon laws isn't it the case that not all states have Lemon branded titles? Would probably show up on an auto check or car fax however. Could simply be bought for overseas export too?
Old 09-23-2014, 06:32 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'Different agenda?" Like trying to make a fast back as the market climbs? Really, we are a bright bunch here. Who in their right mind who can afford these cars (and in theory is a pretty savvy person) would not do their homework before buying one of these? Unless you are buying for cash and need to finance, the bank runs these vins to make sure they are kosher. (mine die). I don't get it
Old 09-23-2014, 06:34 PM
bhf_clt
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting thread. I can't imagine this is coincidental given this info, but I though you all would like to hear this. I received an email at 4:46 PM today from one of the dealers I pinged last month looking for an allocation. This is the email in its entirety; "We just bought a 2014 GT3 Sapphire Blue. We will be asking 159,990. Thought you might be interested. I can forward the build sheet if interested." Not sure what the build looks like but the price they're asking has to be at least at MSRP or higher (given the range we've typically seen).

Quick Reply: PCNA GT3 Auction is at 4PM today