Paint to sample

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 08:14 AM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nlpamg
Crap, maybe I should just suck it up and get white and a Dec. build and be done with it. I'm dealing with Rusnak.
I suggest you have a back up plan for a non PTS color. I've been around this PTS rodeo for months, and each time disappointed with PAG / Germany reigning commitments. It is not the dealer that decides, nor even, PCNA, its Germany that decides. Best I know, no Feb production PTS, nor even any GT3 production after December 2014. So if want a GT3, you should decide locking in an allocation this year.

That all said, I wish you the very best, and importantly become a fun buying experience.

Last edited by amfp; 09-23-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:19 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was one of the lucky ones... I got PTS and my dealer confirmed with PCNA that my car will be the ONLY 2015 GT3 painted in this color, so it will be 1 of 1. Pretty excited about this.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eilig
I was one of the lucky ones... I got PTS and my dealer confirmed with PCNA that my car will be the ONLY 2015 GT3 painted in this color, so it will be 1 of 1. Pretty excited about this.
...and what colour might that be ??

Old 09-23-2014, 10:30 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

It will be Basalt Black... the color I had chosen for my 2014 before the run was canceled. I was set on that color, which of course was discontinued for the 2015 run, thus I had to go the PTS route in order to get it...
Old 09-23-2014, 10:30 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

for our records and sanity, please tell me your car is being produced in sept or oct... not nov or dec... or I think I am going to jump off a bridge... happy for you though, of course...
Old 09-23-2014, 10:34 PM
_BrakeDust_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 2008 997 C4S in that color and really liked it. Great choice.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:36 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Hey Jonathan, 10/17 is the date I was given... :-)
Old 09-23-2014, 10:37 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Thanks Brakedust! I'm really excited about it... I know some 2014 GT3s were built in this color, but never got to see one in the flesh... The dealer is saying mine should arrive around 12/1.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:40 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi eilig, congrats! I'm sure you're stoked! Just curious, is there any way your dealer or PCNA contact can provide a list of all the PTS colours that were successfully ordered? It would be cool to find out, and I suspect there may be quite a few not represented here on RL. If that info is not available, can they at least tell you how many PTS GT3s were ordered?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:44 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Jonathan, 10/17 is the date I was given... :-)
this makes sense...and in reading through your posts, I see now that you have had some time getting a GT3, I am glad to see in your case, with an issue dating back to original 2014 order, that they are honoring your color...congrats!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:02 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2014, 11:30 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I saw a jet black cayenne today and a basalt. The basalt was a grayish metallic black, the jet black was a blueish metallic black. The basalt also had more metallic flake in it. With all respect to the OP, I would not have paid PTS money for a color which is basically identical to the current one offered for $700... But, there is nothing quite like having exactly what you want in life so all decisions are good decisions.

I actually fell in love with the jet black after seeing and will be speccing it on my build.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default The Twilight Zone....

Originally Posted by Conekilr
...and what colour might that be ??
"Although inspired in part by a true incident, the following post is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event. You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop...the PTS Zone"

It will be 'Pure Green / Reingrün', color code Y56. It was just approved by 'Porsche Exclusive' and it will be the only gt3 in the f***ing universe in this wonderful hue! I was torn between it and all the other wonderful & unique colors offered via PTS - Mexico Blue, Gulf Orange, Signal Green, Voodoo Blue, Signal Yellow, Riviera Blue, Viper Green, ModeGrau, Etna Blue, Brewster Green, Blue Francia, Gelbgrün, Gulf Blue, Pastel Orange, Lichtgrün, Maritime Blue, Oak Green Metallic. Well you, know...so many great choices, right?

But in the end, after some serious back & forth, I decided to make this PTS 991 gt3 really special and order it in a PTS color that will be memorable & historic!

We now return to reality and to regular programing at this forum!

It will be Basalt Black... the color I had chosen for my 2014 before the run was canceled. I was set on that color, which of course was discontinued for the 2015 run, thus I had to go the PTS route in order to get it...
Originally Posted by CAlexio
I saw a jet black cayenne today and a basalt...With all respect..., I would not have paid PTS money for a color which is basically identical to the current one offered for $700... But, there is nothing quite like having exactly what you want in life so all decisions are good decisions.
Eilig:

Congratulations on your PTS gt3! We are all excited for you...and I include myself & CAlexio in that group!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

In the interest of full disclosure, the author (z356) of this fictional post wants to make clear to all of you that he has nothing against 'Basalt'. Some of his best friends are 'Basaltic' and he actually dated a girl in college that was born there! So he is not prejudiced. He is A-OK with 'Basalt'. He loves the 'flakes' and everything about that color!

Really, he does!

Last edited by Z356; 09-24-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:16 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
"Although inspired in part by a true incident, the following post is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event. You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop...the PTS Zone"

We now return to reality and to regular programing at this forum!

Eilig:

Congratulations on your PTS gt3! We are all excited for you...and I include myself & CAlexio in that group!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

In the interest of full disclosure, the author (z356) of this fictional post wants to make clear to all of you that he has nothing against 'Basalt'. Some of his best friends are 'Basaltic' and he actually dated a girl in college that was born there! So he is not prejudiced. He is A-OK with 'Basalt'. He loves the 'flakes' and everything about that color!

Really, he does!

Eduardo... I'm worried about you. But your posts are entertaining nonetheless!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Racingutoo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I don't know what to believe. I get a call back that seems odd saying I can have my PTS- signal green by the way. I asked how come the other dealers in so cal said no. He said he can get it - Nov build - and then says 20k over. I'm thinking of just going to my primary dealer and getting white again- this just seems odd. I already miss my old car....geez.

Quick Reply: Paint to sample