Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon Door Sills - Picture?

Old 09-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
I just don't know how you can do the carbon fiber reinforced seatbacks on the buckets and not do CF trim inside. I am guessing it wont match perfectly. But I am also guessing it will match more than bright aluminum or the anthracite brushed aluminum? I would actually prefer not to spec it, but with sport buckets I think it will match the best.
I had CF seat backs in my 997.2 and the rest of the interior was standard full leather with some brushed silver trim on the dash and elsewhere. IMHO, it looked good. The black/grey elements in the weave will pick up the black and gray in the interior of the GT3 and look fine, IMHO. Just my $.02; not suggesting you shouldn't get CF trim if you want it.
Attached Images  
Old 09-21-2014, 09:01 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike, that's helpful. I lock next week and this is one of a couple things I am still back and forth on... I appreciate the pic. I think if anything I think I would do the anthracite trim... but then not sure what to do with the door sills, etc.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Mike, that's helpful. I lock next week and this is one of a couple things I am still back and forth on... I appreciate the pic. I think if anything I think I would do the anthracite trim... but then not sure what to do with the door sills, etc.
Anthracite would look nice. It will be a darker look, but nothing wrong with that. Some folks really like doing fancy bits on the door sills and again, they look nice. My personal feeling is that door sills are a bit like the extended leather trim on the doors; the doors are closed 95% of the time and you don't see them anyway, but I suppose that's a practical and not very artistic perspective. ;-)
Old 09-21-2014, 09:34 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I did carbon illuminated sills with anthracite trim. I have seen that combo in person and think it looks awesome. I didn't want carbon throughout the interior, and the base interior and the standard aluminum was to too bright for me.

My car arrives in a couple weeks. Sounds like it will be too late for you by then.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:46 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sgroer
I did carbon illuminated sills with anthracite trim. I have seen that combo in person and think it looks awesome. I didn't want carbon throughout the interior, and the base interior and the standard aluminum was to too bright for me.

My car arrives in a couple weeks. Sounds like it will be too late for you by then.
I lock next week (not this week), so maybe for both our benefit your car will come in soon I would love to see that combination. I was worried with the bright aluminum on steering wheel, shifter, etc. that it would be too many different things going on -- CF on seats, different CF trim on door sills, anthracite, etc.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:23 AM
platinum star
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love them and saw a White GT3 in dealer with that .. looks good
Old 09-22-2014, 09:18 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

I lock next week (not this week), so maybe for both our benefit your car will come in soon I would love to see that combination. I was worried with the bright aluminum on steering wheel, shifter, etc. that it would be too many different things going on -- CF on seats, different CF trim on door sills, anthracite, etc.
What day next week do u lock?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:24 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Thursday
Old 09-22-2014, 09:55 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I think we have the same lock date. At this stage I've got CF interior and CF door sills - think I will leave it that way, but still a little undecided.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:05 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Thursday
Well. It's unlikely unless we can place a call to the captain to speed the boat up. I think It gets in to port on the 29th.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:58 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Well. It's unlikely unless we can place a call to the captain to speed the boat up. I think It gets in to port on the 29th.
curious, did you car come in? any interior pics?
Old 10-07-2014, 12:50 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

curious, did you car come in? any interior pics?
Nope - still sitting in Brunswick "awaiting transport", a brisk 5 hour drive away. It's been sitting there a week now. What did you end up ordering?
Old 10-07-2014, 12:57 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Nope - still sitting in Brunswick "awaiting transport", a brisk 5 hour drive away. It's been sitting there a week now.
Thats horrible. What does the dealer say?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carbon Door Sills - Picture?