Sponsored by:

Carbon Ceramic Brakes for 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 06:55 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Carbon Ceramic Brakes for 991 GT3

RacingBrake (RB) is pleased to announce that we are working on the following brake set up for your GT3:
  • Iron rotor replacement for OE one piece
  • CCM rotor replacement for OE CCM rotor
  • Complete CCM or Iron rotor brake package with RB calipers.
PCCB
Front rotor: 410x36mm
Rear rotor: 390x32mm
Non PCCB (Steel) - This set up has the exact same size rotors as we offer for Nissan GT-R (09-11), from 2012+ the front is 390mm.Complete Aluminium Caliper Kits: (390x34 front and 380x30 rear):
http://www.racingbrake.com/390x34mm-...gtr-irp-01.htm

Calipers are made from forged aluminum alloy; 6-piston front (7075-T6), and 4-piston rear (6061-T6) precisely designed and built for the lasting performance and easy maintenance.

Click here to view the comparison chart and learn how RB calipers are built different than others, and demystify whether mono-block or two halves construction is stiffer.

Advantage of RB CCM Rotor Kits:
  • Brake pads are standard FMSI, you can install either ZR1 (D1395/D1165) or GT-R (D1382/D1383=D968), with a variety of brands and compounds to choose from to keep your cost down; not a proprietary nature like those kits offered by others.
  • Same price as we offer for other cars (Porsche Tax is not added)

• Want to switch between iron rotor & CCM kits, no problem, just purchase RB iron rotors and instantly swap your CCM rotors back to iron rotors to suit your need.
  • Brake kits are designed and built in our Fullerton, CA facility - Made in USA with the latest brake technology.
  • Local availability means prompt tech supports, and/or customer service whenever you need it.
Feel free to check those items as we continue adding more options (RB's track worthy Iron Rotors or Surface Transforms CCM-X rotors).

The birth of a CCM brake kit for GT-R - Is there one?

Thank you.

Warren-RB

Last edited by RacingBrake; 09-09-2014 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Edited for 991 GT3 specific
Old 09-08-2014, 10:17 PM
brass4321
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about 991 GT3 kit?

I only see info about 996/997 brakes; what are the details of your 991 GT3 options? Do you have any currently?
Old 09-09-2014, 12:00 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

What's in your GT3 iron or CCM, and what you are looking for?.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:19 AM
brass4321
Racer

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
What's in your GT3 iron or CCM, and what you are looking for?.
I ordered steel but I'm sure that others on the board would like to see what options you have for replacement rotors and full kits. We've seen what Movit has to offer so it would be nice to be able to compare the options.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:18 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

We will be offering:

1. Light weight two piece iron rotors (380x34 / 380x30) replacing one piece steel (non PCCB) - RB discs

2. Carbon Ceramic rotors (410x36 / 390x32) as PCCB replacement. This kit can also be used as Steel upgrade using OE calipers with adaptor - Surface Transforms discs
Old 09-09-2014, 09:30 AM
brass4321
Racer

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
We will be offering:

1. Light weight two piece iron rotors (380x34 / 380x30) replacing one piece steel (non PCCB) - RB discs

2. Carbon Ceramic rotors (410x36 / 390x32) as PCCB replacement. This kit can also be used as Steel upgrade using OE calipers with adaptor - Surface Transforms discs
Will you also be offering calipers? When will everything be available?
Old 09-09-2014, 09:57 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Complete caliper CCM Rotor kits can be made available. The longer leadtime is the CCM-X discs they typically takes 6-8 weeks.

We also need a GT3 car for spindle measurement, anyone with a GT3 live nearby us in SoCal can help with this brake development?
Old 09-09-2014, 07:34 PM
werks
Advanced

Just wanted to pop on here and welcome Warren from RacingBrake as a new site sponsor. I've been working with him for the last few months on testing and developing new pad compounds for use with CCM rotors and can honestly say that while they might be a newer player to the performance brake world they are the real deal and seriously focused and committed to developing cutting edge brake solutions for serious performance and track use!

RacingBrake has already introduced a new patented center cooling vane solutions with his iron rotors that are proving them self in the GTR world to be quite successful and are lasting significantly longer than other comparably priced racing rotors from the established players. While that is not a Porsche it is a close to 4k pound bloated pig on steroids that has zero brake cooling and frankly eats pads and rotors for breakfast when tracked! In other words possibly one of the most severe testing platform for brakes out there!! There is also a lot of work going on developing conversion kits for cars that would allow you to use low cost Corvette ZR1 brake rotors, which provides you with a cheap, low cost source for replacement CCM rotors without the Porsche tax! So if you can imagine CCM rotors rings at a replacement cost of only around $1300 per unit! The CCM end of things specifically is the area that I have been doing a lot of testing with them on to establish pad compounds and get a good understanding of rotor life with serious track use. Additionally RacingBrake has established an relationship with Surface Transform and will be bringing in their rotors too for those looking for the ultimate braking solution! This is something that I'm personally extremely excited about being able to work with them to develop as to date I have seen a lot of talk about these rotors from other manufacturers (Stillen, AP, MovIT etc) but I have never been able to find any solid information or feedback from people using them for hard core performance and track use! That is the area that RacingBrake is focused on and with all of the stuff that they have in the pipeline and are testing I'm confident that they are soon going to be setting the bar in CCM and CSiC brake offerings!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:27 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Ron,

Thanks for the introduction.

To avoid mix-up, I just added a new thread discussing for Iron (Steel) rotors options here:

Iron (Steel) Rotor Replacement for 991 GT3

This thread will be just for Carbon Ceramic Rotor Set Up.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Slip
Racer

Received 100 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by werks
I have seen a lot of talk about these rotors from other manufacturers (Stillen, AP, MovIT etc) but I have never been able to find any solid information or feedback from people using them for hard core performance and track use!
Not too hard to find the info if you do a search:

MovIt CCM track results GT3 RS 4.0

I've got the Surface Transform CCM rotors on my R35 GTR and they are fantastic:

R35 GTR CCM discussion
Old 09-13-2014, 02:44 PM
werks
Advanced

Originally Posted by Slip
Not too hard to find the info if you do a search:

MovIt CCM track results GT3 RS 4.0

I've got the Surface Transform CCM rotors on my R35 GTR and they are fantastic:

R35 GTR CCM discussion
I've read the thread that you posted the first link to before. It really does not have a lot of information other than that the user liked the system, a discussion about the $30k cost of the system versus iron and some comments about how pads are lasting 40 track days which anytime I hear claims like that almost automatically makes me question the pace that the user tracks the car at. That is not really the type of information that I'm looking for.

What I think people (including me) are looking for is detailed testing information of different brake pad compounds, their performance differences, wear data/pad life info on them, rotor temp info with the different pads etc. accompanied with some on track video so that you can determine what pace the user runs at. Additionally some solid info about rotor life. It has been stated that the rotor last forever yet I know one user that killed a set of rotors so what is the truth? I guess what I'm saying is that I'm looking for more facts & data (along the lines of what you did with your water cooling test) than talk which is what the other thread represents to me. That is also the kind of information that I think people are looking for in order to make an informed decision on going with the higher priced ST rotors versus CCM.

You mentioned that you have run the ST rotors on your GTR. To get some discussion started can you share some information on pad testing that you have done and what your feelings are on the different ones that you have tested so far?
Old 09-13-2014, 04:04 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by werks
I've read the thread that you posted the first link to before. It really does not have a lot of information other than that the user liked the system, a discussion about the $30k cost of the system versus iron and some comments about how pads are lasting 40 track days which anytime I hear claims like that almost automatically makes me question the pace that the user tracks the car at. That is not really the type of information that I'm looking for.

What I think people (including me) are looking for is detailed testing information of different brake pad compounds, their performance differences, wear data/pad life info on them, rotor temp info with the different pads etc. accompanied with some on track video so that you can determine what pace the user runs at. Additionally some solid info about rotor life. It has been stated that the rotor last forever yet I know one user that killed a set of rotors so what is the truth? I guess what I'm saying is that I'm looking for more facts & data (along the lines of what you did with your water cooling test) than talk which is what the other thread represents to me. That is also the kind of information that I think people are looking for in order to make an informed decision on going with the higher priced ST rotors versus CCM.

You mentioned that you have run the ST rotors on your GTR. To get some discussion started can you share some information on pad testing that you have done and what your feelings are on the different ones that you have tested so far?
Werks, I agree with you. I have read those Movit threads here on rennlist. There is no real documentation of extended track usage. It's almost like they're just an ad for Movit. And those pics of "wow" written on a piece of paper are laughable. I mean if your going to tell me "they will not wear out" and then charge that kind of money give me detailed, verifiable facts...and a money back guarantee.
I have been tracking Surface Transforms rotors on my GT3 for almost a year. I have 22 days on them. Have used only pagids...RSC1, RSC3, and RS29. I'm keeping details on everything and have used genesis rotor temp paint to get a temp range. They are getting to around 800ºC which I am now told is not good. I have tempilaq paints on the way to more specifically pin down the max temp. And I am looking for increased air ducting solutions now. I am very satisfied with the feel of the brakes and having the unsprung weight advantage. Now it all comes down to how long do they really last. PM me if you want my email for updates later.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:39 PM
werks
Advanced

Originally Posted by paver
Werks, I agree with you. I have read those Movit threads here on rennlist. There is no real documentation of extended track usage. It's almost like they're just an ad for Movit. And those pics of "wow" written on a piece of paper are laughable. I mean if your going to tell me "they will not wear out" and then charge that kind of money give me detailed, verifiable facts...and a money back guarantee.
I have been tracking Surface Transforms rotors on my GT3 for almost a year. I have 22 days on them. Have used only pagids...RSC1, RSC3, and RS29. I'm keeping details on everything and have used genesis rotor temp paint to get a temp range. They are getting to around 800ºC which I am now told is not good. I have tempilaq paints on the way to more specifically pin down the max temp. And I am looking for increased air ducting solutions now. I am very satisfied with the feel of the brakes and having the unsprung weight advantage. Now it all comes down to how long do they really last. PM me if you want my email for updates later.
Hi Paver, thanks for posting and joining in on this conversation. Glad to see that we share a similar mentality on this, Warren from Racing Brake also thinks the same way that we do. One of the reasons that I started working with him is that this to him is more of a passion to offer only the best rather than just a way to make money off of us as a lot of what I see other companies doing seems to be. He's honestly interested in developing and selling only the best products possible something that has become obvious to me the last few months that I have been working with him! Thank you for sharing your feedback on the ST rotors, my experience to date has mosly been with testing CCM rotors and pads and I look forward to working with Warrren and Racing Brake to develop their ST rotor products! I would encourage you to share any feedback and testing results that you have on the ST rotors here, having a technical knowledge base that we can access will be beneficial to us all and I'll be adding my findings / feedback to this thread in the coming months!

Quick Reply: Carbon Ceramic Brakes for 991 GT3