Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I want to play songs off my ipod/iphone, do I need telephone bluetooth module?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Mike,
Thanks for the clarity ,I think a lot of confusion due to the 619 BT option
needed on the 14 build or no phony, now a standard function for BT

Have a good week
Deacon
My pleasure, Deacon. Have a good week as well.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:15 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by huracan
Thank you very much. Makes you feel very special driving it. Reviews say this has superior suspension to the normal one. Will try to see one in the dealers.
The black series has a coilover suspension. It has almost nothing in common with the regular c63. Different engine, tranny, brakes, suspension, etc
Old 09-22-2014, 07:44 PM
kneman1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone tell me the following I can't get a simple answer. Is there bluetooth wireless music with your iphone or not
Old 09-22-2014, 07:56 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kneman1
Can someone tell me the following I can't get a simple answer. Is there bluetooth wireless music with your iphone or not
Yes. As long as you have mobile phone prep (no cost option BUT one that must be selected on 2014 models and is standard on all 2015s...). Simply click the "Media" button until BT Audio is selected after your phone is paired. You won't get album art or song list control (must be controlled from your phone.

If you plug in via USB, the PCM controls it all and you get album art, etc.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:55 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Yes. As long as you have mobile phone prep (no cost option BUT one that must be selected on 2014 models and is standard on all 2015s...). Simply click the "Media" button until BT Audio is selected after your phone is paired. You won't get album art or song list control (must be controlled from your phone. If you plug in via USB, the PCM controls it all and you get album art, etc.
So we can connect via USB with this system also right?
Old 09-22-2014, 11:16 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
So we can connect via USB with this system also right?
Yep, Alex. USB in glove box.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

IMHO Simplest solution is to download your Music, Lectures, Audio Books, Etc. from iTunes onto a USB Flash Drive, and simply Plug the Flash Drive into the USB outlet in your glove compartment. You can then leave it in place or download the contents into memory. You then press "Source" button on console and select "Jukebox" You can select Track by Artist, Title, Album or Lecturer by pressing the "Media" Button This frees your iPod, iPhone, Etc for other uses.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:18 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kneman1
Kneman..... The answer is yes. The car should come with a bluetooth module to play your music regardless of what options you pick. It also should come with another bluetooth module for the phone, but in 2014 if you have not selected the no cost add phone bluetooth option the car did not come with it, however Porsche will add it for you at no additional charge if you go to your dealer and ask for it. In my case, I did not select any options other than sound plus package and the car came with bluetooth that was dedicated to play music, but was missing the phone bluetooth module, so I was able to listen to music via Bluetooth through car PCM. Last month and after speaking with PCNA they agreed to add the phone bluetooth module at no charge which I did take them up on this offer. So if you have 2014 car you should have a bluetooth module that can play your music and if you take your car to your Porsche delear they should be able to retrofit the phone module for free. Hope this helps. Mark

Quick Reply: If I want to play songs off my ipod/iphone, do I need telephone bluetooth module?