Sponsored by:

Good Dealer List

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 12:14 PM
aznkuja328
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Good list: Sonnen Porsche Loeber Porsche I've heard one dealer 'game' is to put you on the list, with a deposit at MSRP, but will bypass you on the list if someone offering more or if someone has a more expensive build shows up. People ordering strippers get screwed.
weird, I live in both foster city and chicago, and the dealers you have listed are both the worst in the areas. Loeber is the worst ever in servicing and sonnen is pita to work with in terms of making a deal happen.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:40 PM
C63toGT3 Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to give a +1 for Porsche DTLA. And John Arvatz in sales in particular.

On the suggestion of a friend, I went in during the production hold and put my name on the wait list at MSRP with a small (tiny) deposit. Got my allocation in Sept. and he's been putting up with my nonstop build changes for weeks. Patience of a saint.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:44 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkuja328
weird, I live in both foster city and chicago, and the dealers you have listed are both the worst in the areas. Loeber is the worst ever in servicing and sonnen is pita to work with in terms of making a deal happen.
Originally Posted by C63toGT3 Guy
I want to give a +1 for Porsche DTLA. And John Arvatz in sales in particular.

Went in during the production hold and put my name on the wait list at MSRP with a small (tiny) deposit. Got my allocation in Sept. and he's been putting up with my nonstop build changes for weeks. Patience of a saint.
Yeah, this is making me realize that we need to be more fine-grained in the Good / Bad Dealer list, and note Salespeople + Sales Managers.

Specifically, as an example, Sonnen Porsche has been the absolute best to work with (and I've been involved in 3 transactions with them, so far, and have deposits down for several more). But, it really isn't Sonnen Porsche that keeps me with Sonnen Porsche, it's Brett Payne. And if Brett went to another Porsche dealer, I'd follow him.

(Also, Brett / Sonnen are a Rennlist sponsor.)

Last edited by GreenLantern; 10-30-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:23 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by wwlee
I stopped by South Shore and was treated very well. They gave me a good pretrade-in value for my convertible (despite convertible season being over in the northeast) and noted that they aren't in business to gouge customers on trade-ins. They made it clear they wanted my business.

I was leery of this dealership given Dude's color, but they mentioned that they were bought out about six months ago by the same folks that own Ferrari/Maserati of Long Island, are aware of subpar business practices in the past thru prior ownership, and are working hard to reach out to the community and re-establish relationships with customers. While the car won't be delivered until early 2015, I am pleased so far and don't have the feeling that I will be re-traded (have an executed purchase agreement and build sheet which they served up). Salesperson I'm working with is Mark Ivanko, who had positive reviews on Rennlist when he was at Beverly Hills Porsche.

Hey I'm one of the other 2 GT3's from South Shore. I also purchased my C4S in April of 2013 from Cary. Both times I was very happy with them, also Norman in the service dept has treated my very well. I'll also put in a good word for Alex the sales manager

Jeff
Old 10-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Brett is the man!

As far as dealers with mark-ups, Stevens Creek Porsche has a GT Silver GT3 with PCCB's on the floor with ~$165k MSRP + a $25k "market adjustment" = $190k sticker.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:30 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Brett is the man!

Originally Posted by Mech33
As far as dealers with mark-ups, Stevens Creek Porsche has a GT Silver GT3 with PCCB's on the floor with ~$165k MSRP + a $25k "market adjustment" = $190k sticker.
Haha. *sigh* And this is why I will never buy from them, or any dealership on Stevens Creek, to be honest. Too much stupid money buying cars on that Blvd. I actually know a bunch of people who send their Executive / Personal Assistants to buy cars on their behalf. Most Assistants won't care to fight, especially when the person they work for doesn't care about an extra $5k - $50k markup when they just really, really, really have to have the car now.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:34 PM
GSA
1st Gear

Gaudin Porsche Las Vegas gets the spot on my good list for the positive experience in ordering my Turbo S last year and setting up the Euro delivery.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:26 AM
Ken Wong
5th Gear

I just ordered today and put the deposit @ New Orleans dealership, they cut off $2800 to me
Old 10-31-2014, 02:30 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Wong
I just ordered today and put the deposit @ New Orleans dealership, they cut off $2800 to me
Nice! Brand new 2015 and they gave you $2800 off MSRP? You must be a slick negotiator, or a 918 purchaser from the same dealership.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:01 AM
Ken Wong
5th Gear

LOL No, I just walk in and ask do they have allocation for GT3 and ask them can they give me some discount. That's all i did
Old 11-01-2014, 01:02 AM
wwlee
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default South Shore Porsche

Originally Posted by jlanka
Hey I'm one of the other 2 GT3's from South Shore. I also purchased my C4S in April of 2013 from Cary. Both times I was very happy with them, also Norman in the service dept has treated my very well. I'll also put in a good word for Alex the sales manager

Jeff
Awesome! Hope to meet you at one of the events/rallies South Shore Porsche holds throughout the year. My observations of the dealership when I placed my order led me to believe that they take care of their customers throughout the whole ownership process (not just at point of sale) - your color confirms this.

Yes, Alex was great, though I was under the impression that he oversaw the preowned car sales process while Joseph Hodge oversaw new car sales (maybe I misinterpreted). Nevertheless, both were great to deal with. Based on trade-in values I received from other local dealerships, I was going to hold onto my convertible until the following spring where I'd trade in the car for something else. My decision to go with these guys for the GT3 was not based on the trade-in value they offered (which was 5%-10% higher than other local dealerships despite these other quotes coming in when temperatures / convertible demand were higher and car mileage was a bit lower). It wasn't until after I placed my order for the GT3, and telling them I was going to come back in spring to trade-in my convertible did they serve up their quote (in other words, they weren't using a higher trade-in value to lure me in on the GT3...they already had my business). It was interesting enough for me to do a pre-trade-in and I liked the fact that they didn't start off with a low-ball number - I agreed and this saved me the hassle of winterizing my car. Reason for the long story is that this experience gave me the feeling that they're not looking to make the most money possible from customers at every step of the process.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:18 AM
aeGT3
Rennlist Member

Parktrown Porsche in St Louis. Not only did the dealer meet the criteria, I have been very satisfied with them (both Sales and Service). The sales manager, Mike Heyer, whom I know him well (I bought my first Porsche from him in 1985, and I bought 3 of my Porsches from them) was pivotal to find me (with the help of people at PCNA) from another Porsche Dealer the car that I wanted, as he did not have allocation and I could not spec the car with respect to PTS. The Service has been great; I generally get a discount, and they store and keep my set of winter wheels/tires for my TT Cayenne.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:01 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Wong
LOL No, I just walk in and ask do they have allocation for GT3 and ask them can they give me some discount. That's all i did
me too ABQ Porsche= good list
Old 11-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Thank you guys as always for the positive words. Much appreciated!
Old 11-01-2014, 07:03 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

In Chicago, Rizza Porsche has been good to me Aaron has alway kept his word, and they have a GT3 on the floor now

Quick Reply: Good Dealer List