Rhodium at Alice's on Skyline?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 03:46 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Rhodium at Alice's on Skyline?

I saw a new 991 GT3 with PCCBs in Rhodium Silver Metallic, dark wheels, parking outside Alice's on Skyline Blvd today in the evening (around 6:00pm) -- was that a fellow Rennnlister?
Are there really so many GT3's out there already that they just show up on street corners? : )
Old 09-02-2014, 04:01 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

well, it is woodside and not far from sandhill road ;-)
991GT3 are mere junker taxi's.
dont you have one too hahhaha
i saw it too, was on my bicycle at alice
Old 09-02-2014, 04:41 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
well, it is woodside and not far from sandhill road ;-)
991GT3 are mere junker taxi's.
dont you have one too hahhaha
i saw it too, was on my bicycle at alice
Right, I think it was an Uber car or delivering a box of strawberries from Amazon Fresh.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:04 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Old 09-02-2014, 09:56 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I saw a new 991 GT3 with PCCBs in Rhodium Silver Metallic, dark wheels, parking outside Alice's on Skyline Blvd today in the evening (around 6:00pm) -- was that a fellow Rennnlister?
Are there really so many GT3's out there already that they just show up on street corners? : )
I am yet to see one in person... And I've been looking.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:03 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Rhodium I have found a most fascinating color. It really gives many different color tones depending on the lighting. My dealership has a C2S in their show room in Rhodium. I was not very impressed because it has too much of a blue hue with their lighting. About a week ago I saw a beautiful C2S at my dealer outside. I could not stop looking at it and asked what color is that. It was rhodium. Who ever ordered this color will really like it . But be prepared for all the different color tones this color gives off.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:08 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

A personal taste opinion, I know - on a Rhodium GT3, black wheels or regular? Which look better with this exterior color?

I'm struggling a little with this on my yet-to-be locked order.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Rhodium I have found a most fascinating color. It really gives many different color tones depending on the lighting. My dealership has a C2S in their show room in Rhodium. I was not very impressed because it has too much of a blue hue with their lighting. About a week ago I saw a beautiful C2S at my dealer outside. I could not stop looking at it and asked what color is that. It was rhodium. Who ever ordered this color will really like it . But be prepared for all the different color tones this color gives off.
JD, due to my perception of rhodium being "bluey", "blotchy", and sort of "shallow", I decided to fork out a few extra moolah's for the deeper, darker, fuller, GT Silver!
SO STOP WITH ALL THIS PRAISE FOR RHODIUM!!! Which now does look gorgeous!

Old 09-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

GT silver would be my personal preference but that one must see both colors and decide for themselves.

KenU - for the Rhodium I would go regular not black. I have found that the regular when they start to get dirty they actually even looks better. Tt really hides the brake dust very well. But - for Rhodium I think I would like the regular just because I think the black would just be a tad too much. But let me thro a curve ball - I would actually consider silver over black for the Rhodium. Can not go wrong with standard but I figured you can lose some sleep tonight
Old 09-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

As noted already, beauty is in the eye of the beholder (and the check writer.)
I chose GT Silver for the GT2 RS (default, when Porsche wanted to charge for Carrara White) and disliked it.
I chose Polar Silver Metallic years ago and it has always appealed though it is a tad too "polar blue" like deep, glacial ice. But then again, the planet has almost no glacial ice left, so maybe it's an appreciating asset ... :|
I chose Rhodium Silver Metallic because it is much, much less "glacial" than Polar and it has turned out to be a great color for the GT3 -- not "everyone's got it" white this time, since it's the launch color and will likely be the color for the RS when my order build, when, I dunno, "the year 2020" or something ... still white is the "best" way to get a 911 ... but I wanted to change it up, and Rhodium is not as "classy" as the darker gray, Agate Grey Metallic, that I just had in a 997.2 and will probably be the color for a future 911, but I wanted something more athletic and "fast standing still" for the GT3.
I was entirely unsure about Rhodi at the time the order froze, but in real life, it is a knockout.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:23 AM
KenU
Rennlist Member

I chose GT Silver for the GT2 RS (default, when Porsche wanted to charge for Carrara White) and disliked it.
I chose Polar Silver Metallic years ago and it has always appealed though it is a tad too "polar blue" like deep, glacial ice. But then again, the planet has almost no glacial ice left, so maybe it's an appreciating asset ... :|
I chose Rhodium Silver Metallic because it is much, much less "glacial" than Polar and it has turned out to be a great color for the GT3 -- not "everyone's got it" white this time, since it's the launch color and will likely be the color for the RS when my order build, when, I dunno, "the year 2020" or something ... still white is the "best" way to get a 911 ... but I wanted to change it up, and Rhodium is not as "classy" as the darker gray, Agate Grey Metallic, that I just had in a 997.2 and will probably be the color for a future 911, but I wanted something more athletic and "fast standing still" for the GT3.
I was entirely unsure about Rhodi at the time the order froze, but in real life, it is a knockout.
What color wheels, Titanium or black? Thanks
Old 09-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KenU
What color wheels, Titanium or black? Thanks
No.

: )
Old 09-03-2014, 09:58 AM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Old 09-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KenU
Kidding!

I mean there's one more wheel finish available on the GT3.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:38 AM
sidicks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting - my GT3 is Rhodium Silver having 'upgraded' from an Atlas Grey 997 C4S!!

I think it looks great with the standard wheel colour.

GT silver looks great too, but I was too tight to pay the extra!!

Quick Reply: Rhodium at Alice's on Skyline?