Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 has a low center of gravity?(alfa 4C report)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 02:29 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Z06 has a low center of gravity?(alfa 4C report)

I just saw the new Z06 (as well as the new Alfa 4C!) The program manager and Jay were talking about how the LT4 doesnt have overhead cams (or alot of other modern stuff) so it has one of the lowest center of gravity's of any sports car.
Uhm How about a flat six? that has over head cams an is EVEN Lower!!
Oh well its Jay's Show! Didnt care for the Rear end either. Reminded me of a batmobile.
But the Alfa on the other hand sounded Great, like a Porsche at full song. It only wieghs less that 2500lbs and it looked pretty quick, just by judging the guys in the car as Jay punched it. The Launch version is >$75K but the regular version is $50K. I didnt see where the motor came from. The first 500 are launch versions and then you can buy one if you order it only I guess no test drives. I am guessing with a smaller turbo motor and a paddle box its not going to be as fun as we think and could end up being the car that stays in the garage alot.
I bet it ends up making us REALLY appreciate the reliability and the everyday drivability of 911s
Old 09-01-2014, 11:43 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im kinda surprised how far GM has taken the seemingly ancient designed small block OHV engines. Despite its 6.2L displacement the packaging is compact and as you say it can sit low in the engine bay- of course the Z has a supercharger mounted on top so who knows. Also the torque this ubiquitous truck engines has is simply awesome. I like it. Some say that it can easily be tuned for another 75hp or so.

the Alfa is not growing on me. A Cayman anyday of the week for me.

Quick Reply: Z06 has a low center of gravity?(alfa 4C report)