Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trade for PTS slot??? i'm PTSsed...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 05:02 PM
cantdrive55
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default trade for PTS slot??? i'm PTSsed...

i'm interested in trading my confirmed gt3 december build slot for a confirmed build slot with PTS in mexico, or similar, blue, or a slot that the PTS color can still be changed to an approved PTS color…

i told my salesperson and the area porsche rep. about my desire for ordering a gt3 with PTS when i made my deposit last year and was told by both - repeatedly - that it would not be a problem right up until i recently got my allocation, when it became a problem, and i was told it can't be done… no way - no how…

i'm definitely not used to having to beg to spend MORE money on a car, only to be told no after being told yes, i could, on multiple occasions…

i'm PTSsed!!!

if i can't get this done, i need to decide if i want to order a standard color, or more likely, pass on my allocation and see if i can get a PTS gt3 rs - or work with a manufacturer with whom i can trust to provide me what they told me they would provide - repeatedly…

thanks - sorry for the anger - let me know if anyone is interested - hopefully this gets done to everyone's mutual benefit...
Old 08-31-2014, 05:36 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I sympathize a lot with your situation. But I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to give up a hen's teeth confirmed PTS allocation on a GT3. Good luck anyway, and good on you for trying!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:43 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

LMAO
join the club.
fly out here. I buy dimmer and drink.
let's have a PTSsed club
Old 08-31-2014, 06:22 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Unless you are offering a significant financial incentive it would appear to me there will be no one around here that can help. Infact I think there are already a few regulars on this board who are in the same position...
Old 08-31-2014, 06:26 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I believe all PTS slots this year are V215 and the color cannot be changed.....
Old 08-31-2014, 07:18 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

You might have some luck with someone who wants buckets more than PTS, as I believe most of the PTS cars are already locked.

I would have made that trade but my dealer gave me a discount to not do PTS, and agreed to work with me on getting PTS on my RS, so they could sell the car this year. Turns out it got me buckets so worked out perfectly.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:37 PM
cantdrive55
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Unless you are offering a significant financial incentive it would appear to me there will be no one around here that can help. Infact I think there are already a few regulars on this board who are in the same position...
well, to quote an old line - "i guess we're just negotiating now"…

"significant" means different things to different people - i'm not opposed to a conversation with the right person to see if their definition of "significant" is similar to mine…

and yes - i CAN order the buckets on the december build, if that's more important to someone than PTS..

thanks for the input - it's very much appreciated...
Old 08-31-2014, 08:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I definitely think the bucket seats in lieu of PTS is the only way to pitch this...
Old 09-01-2014, 12:05 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Agree with the fact that many people are in this situation. I was 99% sure that I had a PTS (still trying to get it), but like many here, may be screwed on that. If that proves to be true, I would definitely trade my firm allocation with buckets for someone with an earlier PTS locked order, and I would throw some $ at that. If that is the "pitch" you are making, I would line up right behind you. I agree it will probably be difficult to find someone that would do this, especially for a reasonable fee. I am not hopeful. Not trying to highjack, just provide some reaction.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default PTS

Walters porsche has a Mexico coming in soon. I passed two weeks ago because they wanted 30k over. They might have softened. You never know.

Quick Reply: trade for PTS slot??? i'm PTSsed...